It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bell's V-280 Valor is Rockin and Rollin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Probably what they haven't heard. Industry is funding something like 85% of this program to date. Textron/Bell and team have basically demonstrated most of what they set out to do. Still no solidified requirements for an acquisition program and the program's future budget is still up in the air.

A car salesman doesn't mind spending money on advertising and burning his gas taking the customer on a test drive, but eventually they're going to want to see some intention to purchase something (or at least see some money upfront).

I imagine this customer wants to wait to see the data from the other flight testing first. Army aviation is trying to throw as little money at it at this stage as possible, and they don't have a great reputation on program management. Sikorsky will probably air the same complaints once they finish a lot of their demonstration program.

"Why am I investing hundreds of millions of my own money for this (your) program again?"

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Esper just came out and said they won't be doing both helicopter replacements simultaneously. That means the scout will come first and that also is far more in the Defiant/Raider's corner.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
breakingdefense.com...

300 knots. Albeit to be fair, it was for a short sprint rather than sustained and it was without payload.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Valor got a PDAS test.

newatlas.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
They need something in sandy environments such as the Middle East to see whats happening when they take off and land.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join