It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comeys interview on Fox news; not good for him

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Hey great job Grambler! You took all of this time to go through a 25 minute interview and went through it step by step. I am sure the people of ATS really appreciate this, and value your input. What a cool, intelligent guy you are!

In all truth, you are one of my favorite posters on ATS...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Are we even watching the same interview?

Comey killed it and made Trump and Fox look like idiots.

He had a perfect answer and reason for every question.

Care to point out where I was wrong in my ananlysis?

Or are you satisfied with just the general “Nuh uh you are wrong!”

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Do Grambler's wife and incoserv's wife talk?

I find it hard to believe mrs. grambler has any friends

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Brilliant Thread Grambler, thank you for taking the time to transcribe.

Just to think, Comey is only one link in a chain of corrupt unelected officials who believe they have more power than sitting presidents.

Terrifying.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
"Gross negligence is a conscious and voluntary disregard of the need to use reasonable care, which is likely to cause foreseeable grave injury or harm to persons, property, or both. It is conduct that is extreme when compared with ordinary Negligence, which is a mere failure to exercise reasonable care."

"conscious and voluntary disregard...which is likely to cause" is essentially intent. You have to prove that the person was intentionally doing something that they knew would likely cause "grave injury or harm" for it to be gross negligence.

How could she not have been grossly negligent after the leaked State Department cables?

Back then she said:

The United States strongly condemns the illegal disclosure of classified information. It puts people's lives in danger, threatens our national security, and undermines our efforts to work with other countries to solve shared problems.

This administration is advancing a robust foreign policy that is focused on advancing America's national interest and leading the world in solving the most complex challenges of our time. From fixing the global economy, to thwarting international terrorism, to stopping the spread of catastrophic weapons, to advancing human rights and universal values. In every country and in every region of the world, we are working with partners to pursue these aims.

So, let's be clear, this disclosure is not just an attack on America's foreign policy interest, it is an attack on the international community. The alliances and partnership, the conversations and negotiations that safeguard global security and advance economic prosperity.

AND

I would also add that to the American people and to our friends and partners, I want you to know that we are taking aggressive steps to hold responsible those who stole this information. I have directed that specific actions be taken at the State Department in addition to new security safeguards at the Department of Defense and elsewhere to protect State Department information so that this kind of breach cannot and does not ever happen again.

Link

She knew how important it was to secure State Department information and by keeping it on a system/server that was not operating and monitored under the "new security safeguards" that SHE ORDERED, herself, to be implemented at the State Department, it was foreseeable that it likely could cause grave harm.

She consciously and voluntarily disregarded security safeguards that she ordered to be put in place knowing it would likely cause grave harm. And it did.

ETA: I mean, she was actively using her personal server at the time she said the above and continued using it for another 3+ years!

edit on 4/27/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You can lead a horse to water. . . . .

I had a coworker that had a wonderful alternate phrase to express this...

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Man You are doubling down, Do you have Immunity?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A reply to: Grambler

You're not that wrong at all.
Robert Mueller clearly is for many decades already, the preferred political mess cleaner for the GOP :

www.wanttoknow.info...
59 Superb written pages by E.P. Heidner, a former NSA/CIA insider.

In its Pdf-Page 15 :
Robert Mueller, who as U.S. Attorney headed the Noriega (a related Iran-Contra inquiry)(footnote 94) and the BCCI bank investigations,(footnote 95) found no evidence pointing to illegal behavior by George H.W. Bush. His subsequent investigation into Enron found no wrong doing by Enron.(footnote 96) Mueller would later be called up to head the WTC Investigation.

In its Pdf-Page 16 :
The names of the individuals involved in the Iran-Contra scandal include:
A list of 18 other names, plus Robert Mueller as the last one. View the 19 well known names for yourself.

In its Pdf-Pages 51-52 :
Footnote 94 : Mueller was recruited by Iran-Contra US Attorney General Richard L. Thornburgh to manage the Noriega Investigation, which was intricately linked to the Iran-Contra Investigation.

Footnote 95 : “After the Bank of England shuts down BCCI in July 1991…, making big headlines, Under Assistant Attorney General Robert Mueller takes over Justice Department efforts on BCCI and assigns many new attorneys to the case.”
From “Context of 'July 5, 1991: Criminal BCCI Bank Is Shut Down' :
www.cooperativeresearch.org...

Footnote 96 : “FBI Director Robert Mueller, for example, was hired by Enron in 1993 to investigate a $600,000 payment by a subsidiary for a property assessed at $41,000. When Mueller concluded the deal was not improper, a private investigator working on the case quit in protest.
Despite this association, Mueller announced that it was not enough to cause him to step down from the Enron investigation. Mueller said that Deputy Attorney General Larry Thompson — who previously worked for a law firm that represented Enron — agreed.”
See ‘Enron played key role in events presaging war, Martin Yant, The Free Press, Spring 2002, April 10, 2002.
The role of Noriega’s investigation vis-à-vis the Iran Contra investigation was documented in Oliver North’s files.

Do not expect anything worthwhile to come out of Mueller's last GOP mess-cleaner job :

Mueller now heads the investigation into possible Russian-Trump team connections and possible Russian interference with the last presidential election.
As usual Mueller will come up with a favorable outcome for the Grand Old Party their right wing hardliners.
Which is to smear Trumps as much as can be with personal affairs leaks, so his chances to get a second term will strongly diminnish. But no real earthshattering revelations will come out of Mueller's latest task for the GOP.
His historical record proves his real use for them. Mop up and proceed, without damaging the present status quo.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Man You are doubling down, Do you have Immunity?

Well I would say I didn’t have intent to make fun of her

Maybe I have been extremely careless, but I am not grossly negligent

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
All of this is great, the breaking down the Comey interview and all, thanks Grambler, you really nailed it. If people on the left still want to deny there was massive corruption in the alphabet agencies during the Clinton/Obama years, they're honestly a lost cause at this point.

They protected Hillary and Obama at every single turn because they thought she would be the next President of the United States. They did everything she said, and let her get away with anything she wanted. I know they ALL knew about the servers and such. It's a FACT. If anyone knows about how computers work and the technology behind them, she couldn't send one email out of that system marked with classified information without the U.S. intelligence agencies picking up on it, NONE.

This all comes down to the problems we have in government. There should be term limits and if you would like to become a Senator, Congressman and so forth, you get paid the average of the middle class to do so. You get no special benefits and you are doing it to help your country, as it was designed.
edit on 27-4-2018 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
No fan of either party but you do have to give Trump credit for at least removing some of the senior reptilians from The Swamp.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wills120

No fan of either party but you do have to give Trump credit for at least removing some of the senior reptilians from The Swamp.

I have said it time and time again; the most important thiing that trump (and bernie for that matter) did was force the corrupt establishment on both sides to out themselves, even if he didnt do it intentionally.

Look at how establishment republicans and democrats and their media mouth pieces have been outed in their attempts to keep any perceived outsider out.

To me, that was the number one reason I voted for trump, and rather he has done it intentionally or not, it has worked beautifully.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
More details emerging now.

I pointed out how absurd it was for comey to say he had no interest in trying to find out who leaked the details of his briefing to trump about the dossier to the media.

Well now we find out from the house intel committees report today that it was in fact Clapper (the same clapper who comey admits in this interview told comey to brief trump on the dossier) that leaked to cnn.

This may explain why comey was not concerned about finding out who was leaking his classified briefing with the president; because he knew it was clapper and was helping set trump up by giving clapper and cnn the excuse they needed to legitimize the dossier (Trump was briefed on it)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Personally, I think this was probably Comey's best interview. He claimed ignorance on subjects that could have got him into trouble. Whether he really knew of the things he says he didn't is hard to prove.
I also think, in the main, he came across as pretty calm - more so than Trump - which does go a long way in terms of perception. We'll see if any more information comes to light, but as it stands Comey only left his detractors with conjecture. It's wrong to assume he is guilty of something nefarious just because one might want him to be, just as it is wrong to assume that of Trump.

In his other interviews Comey came across as very bitter - perhaps he is learning how to handle these interviews as he gains more experience.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How now brown cow 😃

FBI Director Comey Offered to PAY for FAKE “Russia” Dossier on Trump (March 2017)

Sen. Charles Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has sent a letter to FBI Director James Comey demanding the story behind the FBI’s reported plan to pay the author of a lurid and unsubstantiated dossier on then-candidate Donald Trump.

Last month the Washington Post reported that the FBI planned to pay Christopher Steele to investigate Trump “a few weeks before the election.” Steele was at the time being paid by supporters of the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign.

“The idea that the FBI and associates of the Clinton campaign would pay Mr. Steele to investigate the Republican nominee for president in the run-up to the election raises further questions about the FBI’s independence from politics, as well as the Obama administration’s use of law enforcement and intelligence agencies for political ends,” Grassley wrote.

In his letter, Grassley demanded that the FBI turn over all its records relating to Steele and the dossier, in addition to “all FBI policies, procedures, and guidelines applicable when the FBI seeks to fund an investigator associated with a political opposition research firm connected to a political candidate, or with any outside entity.”

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Gross negligence is a conscious and voluntary disregard of the need to use reasonable care, which is likely to cause foreseeable grave injury or harm to persons, property, or both. It is conduct that is extreme when compared with ordinary Negligence, which is a mere failure to exercise reasonable care.

"conscious and voluntary disregard...which is likely to cause" is essentially intent. You have to prove that the person was intentionally doing something that they knew would likely cause "grave injury or harm" for it to be gross negligence.

I dont think so..

need to use reasonable care she needed to use reasonable care to ensure classified information didn't leave secure systems and wasn't disclosed to outside parties.

She knew the requirements, she knew that classified intel must remain on classified systems.

She knowingly, voluntarily and deliberately moved those classified information/s to insecure systems

She didn't expect it to be found out and she didn't expect it to be hacked.

If it does cause damage to people or institutions isn't the concern, its if she did it potentially resulting in that.

She's guilty and got off purely because she offered Loretta Lynch a position in her Administration

Loretta Lynch took the word of the ''team'' when they said dont prosecute.

The ''team'' was run by Mccabe and Comey

When it was realized Clinton wasnt going to win, Mccabe, Comey, Lynch and Obama colluded to get Trump impeached based on fake intelligence.

Comey used his contacts to leak the fake information, Mccabe and Lynch utilized Strzok to get the FISA warrant.

Obama looked the other way

And let the Russian lawyer into the country specifically so she could offer up "dirt" on hilly at the Trump jr meeting, only to be shooed away 15 mins later.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Look at how establishment republicans and democrats and their media mouth pieces have been outed in their attempts to keep any perceived outsider out. 

Both sides do this, but I just saw this Intercept piece yesterday.

Small wonder we only get crappy candidates.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

14:20
What did comey leak to his friend richman.

He defended himself by claiming the FBI cleared the appearance of the memo in his book. So, it is not classified, he argues. So, Trump is wrong in his alleging of it being classified. Facts matter, he exclaimed!

This argument is interesting in that it turns everything on its head, or turns around cause and effect.

Since the memo discusses work related issues as head of the FBI, it should be considered classified, as you rightly point out. BUT, he sent it to Richman, and by becoming public knowledge, the FBI no longer had any reason to withhold that from the book. They could have, though. But then, it would signal Comey was wrong in pressing for public release by Richman.

And, the swamp goes even deeper. Who authorized/ cleared the appearance of the memo in his book? Thus, giving Comey a platform to argue his complete innocence of behavior, and again making Trump into a screaming little spoiled child in a sandbox?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Grambler, Thanks for the post it is interesting is it not.
There was one other thing in this interview that I thought was very odd.
Comey claimed that the memos were his and his alone. However, in this interview he claimed that he has a set of the memos in his safe at his home. But he also claims that he left a set at the FBI. Now why would he leave a copy of his own personal memos with the FBI if he didn't really feel they belonged at the FBI because they belonged TO the FBI and the federal govt.
I hope someone sometime asks him that question. I will not be holding my breath however.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join