It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond and Silk vs Congressman Hank Johnson guess who won

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Famous duo Sisters Diamond and Silk were in front of a Congressional Committee today to further "investigate" the FaceBook boondoggle about seletive censorship.

The best part was when Congressman Hank Johnson (yes, Mr Guam) got into a tangle with the duo.

Guess who won.

BwaaaHaHaHa it's all in the video ✅

Dem Rep. Hank Johnson And Diamond & Silk Face Off: "You Guys Make A Ton Of Money, Don't You?"

Rep. Hank Johnson questions YouTube superstars Diamond & Silk (Lynnette Hardaway and Rochelle Richardson) at a hearing Thursday about web censorship. Read their opening statement here.

Johnson accuses committee chair Bob Goodlatte of giving the ladies a platform to make even more money by inviting them to appear at the committee. "Donald Trump introduced you all at a rally last year, and he introduced you saying you were very popular and had made a ton of money based on your affiliation with him," Johnson said. "The point I'm trying to make is you all have been bashing Facebook and you've been making a ton of money, isn't that correct?"

"We didn't bash Facebook. We brought the light on how Facebook has been censoring conservative voices like ours," Diamond said. "They won't let us monetize on Facebook. They stopped it for six months, 29 days. They limited our page."

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I got excited to watch this, and had to turn it right off. Right off: "Looking into the interference in the election by THE RUSSIANS on Facebook..."

Gosh damn, can we never get away from that chit? Why is ANYONE in the halls of Congress still playing that stupid script?! They need to get their criminal asses to work on actual issues.

I'm sure the ladies were entertaining though!

ETA: About the snippet of article you posted though. The guy asking the question about the ladies making money from their publicity. Let's ask him how much money or kickbacks or privledges he gets from any lobbyists or special interest groups. Once he answers that and discloses all of his relationships fully, then let the ladies answer.
edit on 26-4-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That was tits!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If Hank Johnson isn't Exhibit A in how elections are rigged, I don't know what is...

How this man gets elected is a mystery. As a black man, this sh*t is embarrassing. I mean, it ain't even about political opinions...

Of course, Diamond & Silk aren't a good look either.... I mean the fat & loud black woman image ain't nothing to be proud of, conservative views or not.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
If Hank Johnson isn't Exhibit A in how elections are rigged, I don't know what is...

How this man gets elected is a mystery. As a black man, this sh*t is embarrassing. I mean, it ain't even about political opinions...

Of course, Diamond & Silk aren't a good look either.... I mean the fat & loud black woman image ain't nothing to be proud of, conservative views or not.

I'm a white woman and I love them to death.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
more evidence that the Democrat's don't really care about black people they only care about their agenda

if they cared about black people they would defend them regardless of their political views

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL - the dudes reaction sitting behind the chairman at 5.20sec - #in gold.

Those girls are the bomb, I love their energy.

ETA: What was the point of Johnson in going on & on about D&S making money from Facebook? Is that illegal? Was he insinuating that this is all a ruse because of loss-of-profit inlieu of silencing dissenting conservative voices on social media platforms?
edit on 26/4/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Never mind the parts where they lied to Congress at least twice.

ETA:

In fact, if I can find it, there's an article where somebody looked at the analytics for their FB page and their censorship claims were bull#. While they were claiming to be "censored," their engagement was actually up.

Welcome to the clown show that Trump supporters have wrought. Why are these two performers putting on a show in front of Congress again?
edit on 2018-4-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Jesus. Hank Johnson is one of the only politicians in Washington D.C. who can make Maxine Waters look like an Oxford graduate.

What a brain trust THIS guy is. This is the man who brought us the great question of our age.

"How many soldiers can stand on a beach in Guam before there's a real danger of causing the island to capsize?"

You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

ETA:

In fact, if I can find it, there's an article where somebody looked at the analytics for their FB page and their censorship claims were bull#. While they were claiming to be "censored," their engagement was actually up.

Welcome to the clown show that Trump supporters have wrought. Why are these two performers putting on a show in front of Congress again?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

ETA:

Tell you what, A.D., why don't you guys put ol' Hank on the problem?

Probably solve the problem in a day or so.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Trump has Diamond and Silk.....

Democrats have Lice & ilk

edit on Apr-26-2018 by xuenchen because: ☝️

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

LOL - the dudes reaction sitting behind the chairman at 5.20sec - #in gold.

Those girls are the bomb, I love their energy.

ETA: What was the point of Johnson in going on & on about D&S making money from Facebook? Is that illegal? Was he insinuating that this is all a ruse because of loss-of-profit inlieu of silencing dissenting conservative voices on social media platforms?

Damn, that guy looks like he's 'bout to lose his mind! Can you imagine? I think that's who the lady sitting behind Mr. Hanky is looking over at, and trying to keep a straight face.

Would you get in trouble for doing a spit-take at a Congressional hearing?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Do you even care that they're full of # or do you just enjoy the circus of it all?

- They lied about being paid by the Trump campaign.

Diamond and Silk say under oath they weren't paid by Trump campaign; FEC filings say otherwise

The conservative social media personalities known as Diamond and Silk claimed under oath at a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Thursday that they were never paid for their consulting work by President Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.

Federal campaign finance filings show otherwise.

"We have never been paid by the Trump campaign," Lynette Hardaway, who goes by Diamond, told Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas).

Filings with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) show that the campaign paid the duo $1,275 on Nov. 22, 2016, for "field consulting."

- They lied about not being contacted by Facebook.

Trump vloggers Diamond & Silk are sticking to their debunked claim about Facebook censorship

But messages obtained by conservative commentator Erick Erickson show that Facebook reached out to Hardaway and Richardson several times through phone, Facebook Messenger, and multiple email addresses.

- The whole "censorship" thing is a hoax.

Led by Fox News, pro-Trump media fuels false narrative to accuse Facebook of censorship

The problem is it wasn't true. Hardaway and Richardson, who are sisters from North Carolina, were at one point earlier this month erroneously told by Facebook that their content had been deemed "unsafe for the community," but the Diamond & Silk page was never banned. It was never taken down. It was never censored. Data from an analytics firm owned by Facebook shows it has not lost a significant amount of its influence on the social network. At least one of their complaints appears to have been the result not of an anti-conservative bias, but a technical issue with how a post on their page was set up.

Diamond and Silk’s Facebook censorship claim is a hoax

Beginning in September, Diamond and Silk began claiming that there was “bias censorship and discrimination against [the] D&S brand page.” Their claim was that their page was being discriminated against because of their political views and, as a result, they were reaching fewer people.

Note that to support their bogus claims, they cite an erroneous message that they got from Facebook (funny how they got that) on April 5th but they've been claiming "censorship" since September.

Data from Crowdtangle, a social media analytics platform owned by Facebook, show that total interactions on Diamond and Silk’s Facebook page were steady. The “total interactions” metric covers the total number of reactions, comments, and shares of content posted to the page. Diamond and Silk’s Facebook page actually received more total interactions in March 2018 (1,088,000), when they were supposedly being censored, than in March 2017 (1,060,000). Diamond and Silk received more interactions in January 2018 (1,328,000), when they began complaining about censorship, than in any month the previous year.

But wait, it gets better. Apparently, the "real" "censorship" is not of "conservative views" (aka Trump fawning, white nationalism, etc) but rather of those on the Left!

Things get even more stark when you compare Diamond and Silk’s total interactions to liberal-leaning pages that also frequently post video content. From March 2017 to March 2018, the total interactions on the Rachel Maddow Show page, went from 3.3 million to 1.6 million. Rachel Maddow hosts the most widely watched cable news show in America, and her page has 2.6 million fans to Diamond and Silk’s 1.2 million. Over the same time period, on the Facebook page of The Young Turks, perhaps the most popular independent provider of liberal videos online, total interactions declined from 2.3 million to 760,000. Meanwhile, interactions on Mic’s Facebook page, a left-leaning publisher with 3.8 million Facebook fans, plummeted from 8.9 million to 475,000.

But you know, they're characters so who cares if it's all a bunch of bull# and pushed by right-wing media outlets and sucked up by moronic congressmen?

(post by SKEPTEK removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Was that guy drunk? If he wasn't drunk he sure was something.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Planted "evidence" and twisted timeframes.

engineer's explanation:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

No, he was born like that and went to college too.

🎁✅

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fb censors EVERYONE. It's simple division, and it depends on which side is loudest as to who gets heard the most.

Just type 'Facebook censored me' into google, and start reading. *Both* sides get it equally.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I loved his sly putdowns to both women. Saying the committee has stooped so low... etc He didn't seem very smart, maybe that is why he is on the Diamond & Silk committee and not any of the other 10 he suggested they could be doing.
edit on 26-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join