It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian jamming EC-130 in Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I would think having the right frequency and the ability to override that and any other communications coming from the drone would be near impossible.

let alone what language are you programing and will the actual hardwear respond?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Note that they could be simply monitoring ISR. There was a time all the drone video was in the clear. You can read how Al Queda intercepted drone video on wikileaks.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Do you have a link for that? I'd love to read it, it is always informative reading how low tech solutions are applied to a high tech problem.
edit on 29-4-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: gariac

Do you have a link for that? I'd love to read it, it is always informative reading how low tech solutions are applied to a high tech problem.

It is a research project. You have to search wikileaks. I think it was from the Chelsie (last name escapes me) "cables". There is a windows program that the Predators use. (I lost my interest when windows was mentioned.) Someone wrote an email explaining how Al Queda was intercepting the video. I'm not saying the solution is low tech, but you know, the education level of your average terrorist isn't very high.

If you look around the interwebs, there is drone video that was pulled off of Free To Air satellites. Much of it older, data back to Bosnia. The DoD simply didn't have enough satellite bandwidth and leased commercial birds.
satcomuk.yolasite.com...
The details on the satellites were traded on forums. Nothing covert, but not exactly overt either. John Locker put it all out on the web, basically killing it for everyone. I posted his website in the link, but I'm not sure if the video is still there.

Satellite footprint is an issue regarding interception. Bosnia was basically Europe, so intercepts were easy for Locker in the UK.

Blind scanning satellites is a hard core hobby. It takes forever to find unpublished channels because there are so many formats to investigate. Look into USB DVB-S2 receivers. THe only unpublished channel I discovered was the Deepwater Horizon oil leak channel. Yes I could watch oil leak 24 and 7. FTA gear is often free on Craigslist. You need at least a 30inch dish.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Make a call to the nearest carrier. Whistle up a Growler. HARM missile select, mode Home on Jam. Fire. End of problem.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

When you use radar or jam from the ground, you use multiple locations and don't radiate from one location very long. During Red Flag, the ground units eventually use this procedure. I don't think they move during the exercise, but in real life, that is possible too.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Blow up carrier, with torpedo game over.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Blow up carrier, with torpedo game over.

True sadly. The only reason Navy ships aren't blown out of the water is the enemy knows the USAF payback will be hell on earth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join