It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Anti-Trump Crowd Concede That Trump Was Responsible For Korea's Potential Unification?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: doctorhypotenuse

You made claims with nothing to back them up. I posted actions by SK/NK in the past decades and in recent months that show them placing reunification on the table. That isn't just semantics.

Umm...where did you post these actions? You mean the wiki page you linked which also discusses how those "attempts" were utter failures?

I posted counter-evidence and you said I was "cherry-picking".
edit on 26-4-2018 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The only way reunification will ever occur is a revolution in NK.

You must have a crystal ball. No one knows how this will play out. I feel there's the potential for peace. Unlike you, I'm not betting all my money on one bad scenario. I'm hoping for the best, because it will benefit the Korean people and the world.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Unflinching resolve was demonstrated by
Trump tho. Even if it were another matter in a different country. It's concurrence in the face
of warnings from Russia. The missles in Syria
and apparrently the devastation to a NK
missle site? It may have been pretentious
but you can't say it's entirely wrong either. But
we all know Trump will never do anything good
enough to get you on board and that is what
you're gonna be forced to defend at some
point. I can"t even fatham anyone still behind
the alternative.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

All I'm saying, is that I disagree with you. No other president before, has gone toe to toe with North Korea. I certainly don't remember a time when North Korea so adamantly threatened to "nuke" the United States. I don't remember a time when they test launched as many nuclear missiles...even launching them over our ally, Japan. Trump didn't flinch. He continued to exert pressure on Kim. Did Obama do this...NO. You think for one moment Hillary would? Believe what you want, but Trump was the catalyst to this upcoming peace treaty.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

What did Trump do to bring down NoKo, send out obnoxious tweets?

Chances are NoKo is finally in a spot where they find themselves in need of everything and realize being a sanctioned secluded state isn't working out for them anymore, not that it ever really did in the first place. I'm sure China is pushing for a unification because they don't want millions of North Koreans coming over their borders as refugees.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Actions that failed are still examples of the matter being on the table, which was all I was pointing out.

We both cherry picked but I'm not trying to convince people that one person is responsible for the two countries sitting down and talking so it is easier for me to point out a few examples to refute that claim.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It's called the Trump effect. I started a thread on that about a month ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So? NSK/NK talked about reunification before regardless of who was POTUS. That is what takes the wind out of the sails of your claim, even if the other things you say are correct.

edit on 26-4-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

All Im saying is that he's our leader and the leader gets a little extra credit. I didn't say "we should all bow to the new god that is trump!", And you act like I just shot your dog. I'm sorry they didn't come knocking on your door to congratulate you for your contribution to peace between NK and SK. As far as unicorns go I think it would be easier to find one of those than it would be to find an actual reason to hate Trump as much as you guys do.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Ah yes, a conservative polling outlet and the only one who says Trump is better than Obama.

Trump supporters: "All polls are biased or flat out lies, unless their OUR polls"

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
But we all know Trump will never do anything good enough to get you on board and that is what you're gonna be forced to defend at some point. I can"t even fatham anyone still behind the alternative.

I don't have to defend anything. I'm not even american but, even if I was, I would not be just anti-Trump. I'm suspicious of all government which means I'm not on-board with Trump or behind the alternative.

Maybe that is a bit much for people to grasp?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Trump supporters: "All polls are biased or flat out lies, unless their OUR polls"

Which goes right along with, "Government SUCKS, but as long as it's OUR government/party it's Great."

*they're

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No? What did trump do, nothing. What actually happened? The mountain NK used to test their nukes collapsed taking out 200 of their nuclear scientists. NK right now is just bidding their time until they can start again. NK has done things like this in the past

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

In short, no.

As I've mentioned before multiple times, North & South Korea have previously spent decades on reunification efforts. The "Sunshine Policy" is just one example. South Korea's President Kim Dae-jung even won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2000 for his work towards reunification. And then Kim's successor was the first South Korean President to cross the border by foot to meet with Kim Jong Il (HERE). It wasn't until Bush's "Axis of Evil" crap that the North Korean tensions started rising again, and even then, it was 4 more years before North Korea successfully tested their first nuclear weapon.

To put that in context, the US President at the time had called Iraq, Iran, and North Korea an "Axis of Evil" in 2002 after the US & its allies had invaded & occupied Afghanistan. Then the US and its allies invaded and occupied the first country on its "Axis of Evil" list, Iraq. This meant that the US had military bases and large military forces completely surrounding the second country on its "Axis of Evil" list, Iran, which we were also belligerent against. And after this, it was still still another 2 and a half years to 3 years before North Korea successfully tested a nuke.

There's obviously more to it than this. But if you're going to ignore the domestic Korean efforts towards reunification and give the credit to Trump, then we can also overly simplify the situation and cast all of the blame on the US for the divisions in the first place. See how that works?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

No? What did trump do, nothing. What actually happened? The mountain NK used to test their nukes collapsed taking out 200 of their nuclear scientists. NK right now is just bidding their time until they can start again. NK has done things like this in the past

Kim is in South Korea as we speak having negotiations. An NK leader hasn't done that in decades. Don't let your bias blind you.

There's even a new thread about it:
link

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

OP it’s gotten to the point now where Trump could, BY HIMSELF, create all the CURES for every single form of cancer and give them away for FREE and those who don’t like him would literally complain about the fact of how many people are now out of hospital research and insurance related jobs.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Un's nuclear facility collapsed!! Corroborated by china and the UN led to Un's unexpected cooperation. Had absolutely NOTHING to do with comb over Man child.
edit on 26-4-2018 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: matafuchs

Ah yes, a conservative polling outlet and the only one who says Trump is better than Obama.

That's the way of the world. (nature)

Doesn't make it wrong. Right?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0311Warrior

OP it’s gotten to the point now where Trump could, BY HIMSELF, create all the CURES for every single form of cancer and give them away for FREE and those who don’t like him would literally complain about the fact of how many people are now out of hospital research and insurance related jobs.

Or increased food stamp roles.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Trump is a disgrace and his supporters are the worst humans on earth, you should be ashamed

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join