It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Anti-Trump Crowd Concede That Trump Was Responsible For Korea's Potential Unification?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You can mention whatever you want but I can also say that it doesn't refute what I said by pointing out that it has nothing to do with it.

Then we disagree on that as well obviously.
And you saying it has nothing to do with it
doesn't point anything out or refute anything
either.
It merely examples how recognition and
praise, credit, noterity are more than not
unwarrented and misplaced. Undeserved
never means undenied so it relates the
point well enough for me.
edit on Rpm42618v25201800000025 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I don't often agree with you but you're spot on here. *What* potential reunification?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yeah, but how many Conservative news channels are aired in the United States compared to Liberal news outlets? FOX? That's one. Liberal news channels? ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, BBC....

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
if one guy gets a little extra credit who cares?

To hell with all the people on American idol, all the credit goes to the band in the back. Theyre the real reason the contestant won. (Heavily sarcastic tone)

They're saying "he" did it cause he's the president, and he made the deals. So give him a little credit, after all he is the one out there talking to psycho world leaders giving them the finger and standing up for us.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Well I'm saying that in this case it is unwarranted and misplaced and you are saying that, "more than not" that is the case, so why are you even arguing?

The question is posed to those that are anti-trump and not the nobel prize committee or MSM so how those institutions allot recognition, or have done so in the past, is not the point of the thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Why would the word "potential" be inappropriate with this latest news? It may or may not work out, it's as simple as that.

From @ 12 minutes ago:

North Korea’s official KCNA news agency said Kim had left Pyongyang for the “historical” summit in which he would “open-heartedly discuss with Moon Jae-in all the issues arising in improving inter-Korean relations and achieving peace, prosperity and reunification of the Korean peninsula.”

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: doctorhypotenuse
They're saying "he" did it cause he's the president, and he made the deals.

Did he?

So give him a little credit

The OP doesn't say he should be given a little credit it says that he is responsible, implying all the credit.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

And this is from almost 2 months ago: South Koreans meet North Korean leader Kim for talks about talks

A South Korean delegation had a first-ever meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Monday and they hoped to encourage Pyongyang and the United States to talk, officials said.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: amazing

Yeah, but how many Conservative news channels are aired in the United States compared to Liberal news outlets? FOX? That's one. Liberal news channels? ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, BBC....

You got a point, but how many conservatives listen to liberal news sources? I don't think they do. And some of those like CBS, ABC and NBC are more fluff/distraction like Kardashian, the latest movie, justin timberlake news, not really liberal news.

All news should be targeted. all you listed plus fox and talk radio. It all rots your brain and brainwashes you.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Oh LOOK !!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is from early April, still after the SK/NK talks in early March.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Your just an unhappy person. I make valid points and you just continue on like none of it means anything and agrue semantics. This is the behaviour of a person with no intention on doing anything other than arguing so I'll let someone else carry the burden that is "you".

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: doctorhypotenuse

You made claims with nothing to back them up. I posted actions by SK/NK in the past decades and in recent months that show them placing reunification on the table. That isn't just semantics.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'll concede your point that the word
responsibility wasn' t the best word OP
could have used in that context.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: doctorhypotenuse

Such a warm ray of light!

Valid points? So we should trust "them" blindly when "they" say that all the credit for potential unicorns goes to Trump. Valid enough for happy authoritarian posterboys, I'll give you that. But, who is "they"?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That might be true but it isn't just a poorly chosen word for the title, it extends into the OP:

I think there will be many, many people, who will find it hard to believe that Trump's unflinching resolve, made this possible.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Will The Anti-Trump Crowd Concede That Trump Was Responsible For Korea's Potential Unification?

If something truly positive comes of the situation with North Korea? Of course.

But that won't absolve him of all of the other #.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

LOL ---

I think you are on to something...

Orange #45' s lunacy scared the ***** out of both Korea's and they have to band together for any hope of survival.

Common enemy.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Don't put too much stock in NK state news firstly. Secondly, consider what reunification would require.

There's no way that Kim Jong Un is going to give up power and dissolve the NK government and even if he wanted to, the party elites (with backing from China and Russia most likely) would stage a coup.

There's also no way in hell that the South Koreans are going to dissolve their government to form a new one with Kim Jong Un and friends.

The only way reunification will ever occur is a revolution in NK.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So? You don't think Trump played a role?? Trump didn't back down and continued to apply pressure on Kim Jung-un. North Korea's provacations and threats of attacking South Korea, slowly ended, because Kim Jong-un feared a response from the United States and the sanctions were slowly choking North Korea's economy. Kim Jung-un had no where to turn, with China becoming annoyed with his antics. His test nuclear test facility just collapsed and his people are starving. Kim Jung-un isn't stupid. By signing a peace treaty and slowly denuclearizing his countries nuclear problem, will bring relief to North Korea's economy, his starving people and keep Kim Jung-un in power. ANY chance at peace and denuclearizing North Korea should be seen as a good sign. Could there still be problems...certainly. We'll have to see how the meeting goes between Trump and Kim at the end of May.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join