It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Anti-Trump Crowd Concede That Trump Was Responsible For Korea's Potential Unification?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Kinda hard since Korean reunification has been in the works since 2000.

The process towards such a merger was started by the June 15th North–South Joint Declaration in June 2000, where the two countries agreed to work towards a peaceful reunification in the future.

Will he be an important piece in making it move faster? Maybe, but he certainly isn't "responsible" for it.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You can't talk politics and ignore the curtain
just so you can deny what might be going on
behind it. Trumps administration if only
because of it's timely presence gets the credit.
That's just politics.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Trumps administration if only because of it's timely presence gets the credit.
That's just politics.

But that isn't the truth, so, what are we here for?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I wonder if Trump will get a Nobel Peace Prize for brokering the end of the Korean War after 68 years. I mean, they gave one to Obama just for being black.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Kinda hard since Korean reunification has been in the works since 2000.

The process towards such a merger was started by the June 15th North–South Joint Declaration in June 2000, where the two countries agreed to work towards a peaceful reunification in the future.

Will he be an important piece in making it move faster? Maybe, but he certainly isn't "responsible" for it.

"In the works" is semantics and you being a hardline skeptic Dask know better than that.
Here's a timeline of conflicts between the north and south just from 2000-2010.

June 29, 2002: A South Korean ship is sunk and six sailors killed in another Yellow Sea clash, while Seoul is co-hosting the football World Cup. An estimated 13 North Koreans die.

November 10, 2009: Navies of the two sides exchange fire near the Yellow Sea border. Seoul officials say a North Korean patrol boat retreated in flames but its casualties are unknown. No South Koreans are hurt.

March 26, 2010: An unexplained explosion hits the Cheonan, a 1,200-tonne South Korean corvette, near the disputed border and the warship breaks in two. A total of 58 sailors are rescued but 46 die.

May 20, 2010: A report by a multinational investigation team says the Cheonan was sunk by a torpedo launched from a North Korean submarine.

May 24, 2010: South Korea suspends trade with the North and bans its ships from Seoul's waters. The White House says the sanctions are "entirely appropriate" as President Barack Obama orders the US military to work closely with South Korea.

Oct 29, 2010: North and South Korean troops exchange fire across their border, cranking up tensions before the G20 summit of world leaders in Seoul.

Nov 23, 2010: North Korea fires artillery shells onto a South Korean border island, prompting an exchange of fire with southern troops along with casualties and property damage, officials and reports said.

source

Does that look like 2 nations hashing out their differences in a diplomatic manner?
edit on 26-4-2018 by AgarthaSeed because: Added link

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

BAM!!!

and for drone striking under age US citizens!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

That was 8 years ago so what has happened since then?

All I'm saying is that it isn't just Trumps doing, because it isn't, and nobody should expect people to accept that it was. That is what the thread is about.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

Yeah. All those same 'polls' had Hillary up by 10% plus pre-election.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

How is it not the truth? You must believe
Obamas nobel prize was a well earned honor
well placed for achievment thru hard work
and diligence. The truth of the credit given has
never been the difference and that's the truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I didn't mention Obama or nobel prizes.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That was 8 years ago so what has happened since then?

All I'm saying is that it isn't just Trumps doing, because it isn't, and nobody should expect people to accept that it was. That is what the thread is about.

Ok, how bout since Trump took office..

The day before Trump recited the oath of office on the Washington Mall, the North Korean leadership had already prepared its own unique welcome for the incoming President. On January 19, US intelligence satellites picked up signs of activity at North Korea's Chamjin missile factory southwest of Pyongyang, in an apparent readying of a test of two intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs).

Ten days later -- January 29 -- as Defense Secretary James Mattis prepared for his first visit to Asia, it was reported that the country was preparing to restart a plutonium reactor at the Yongbyon nuclear facility, according to analysis of new satellite imagery from 38 North, a North Korea tracking project.

Here's plenty of NK threats and tests from the first half of 2017 in this article:
link

Trump inherited a mess on the Korean peninsula that Obama and previous administrations did NOTHING to fix. Although you'll try to deny that, you simply cannot.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

didn't mention Obama or nobel prizes

Why are you even responding to me if you
consider me that unaware?
edit on Rpm42618v51201800000008 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I am aware of the saber rattling but that doesn't mean that reunification had not been on the table before Trump. If you want to do an in-depth analysis to try and convince people that Trump is solely responsible then have at it but cherry-picking isn't going to cut it.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Why are you setting up an Obama/Nobel strawman when I never made mention of either?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Why do you think I can't mention a fact that
relates perfectly to my point? Would be my
question?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You can mention whatever you want but I can also say that it doesn't refute what I said by pointing out that it has nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Why? Because the Liberal media, along with the lies and hateful rhetoric from the Democratic Party, makes some naive people to believe their delusional nonsense. Most middle class folk, who I chat up here in Upstate NY, can't stand our Democratic governor (Cuomo) and his Liberal views. He's against ICE doing their jobs, he inacts the stupid SAFE ACT gun law and then follows with the Empire State handgun registry, that turned law abiding gun owners into felons, because of their failure to re-register their handguns. Not to mention the corruption downstate and in Albany. People are fed up with the Democrat's views on gun control, "sanctuary" for illegal immigrants, their encouragement of race-based hatred, their blatant hypocrisy regarding sexual misconduct and their lack of tolerance of other people's views. The fact is this: DON'T trust the polls.

Trump is at the same place as Obama and Clinton! That's remarkable, given that he has had the worst 15-month polling start of any president in the modern era. Then I read the fine print. Yes, 37% say that Trump deserves re-election which is the exact same number who said that about Bill Clinton in 1994 and Barack Obama in 2010. BUT, the numbers for Obama and Clinton are from October 2010 and 1994, respectively. That's after a full year of Republicans spending millions of dollars to campaign against them. We are only in April for Trump -- and the fall campaign is at its earliest stages. Virtually no ads attacking him have even run.

I think there's something to that. If you're a Republican, you like Trump. As I've written about, the Republican Party is Trump's now. Heck, take a look at where Trump's approval rating is with Republicans. It's in the mid 80s (very close to the re-elect question). It basically makes it impossible for there to be a primary challenger who has any shot of taking Trump down.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 4/26/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/26/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: amazing

Colors can be psychedelic and remain unseen
as you yourself just referred. So we always
credit the current administration. All you're
doing is nagating that now because Trump?
The guy isn't by any stretch my hero. But all
the boo hooing and bitching and moaning
has long been disgusting me. It"s ga damn
F@$×+÷% stupid beyond belief or anything
he has done. Get on Board with peoples
choice or stfu. Really!

If it was Obama or Bush or Bill Clinton I would be saying the same thing. Not our administrations doing. Remember that we're just a country...one that likes to bully and invade and tell other countries what to do. but...most of the world tolerates us and then does it's own thing without consulting us.

Why do I "need to get on board with peoples choice"? What does that even mean?

I love this country, respect the office of the president of the united states, but saying the truth about what's really going on in Korea mkes me stupid? LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Because no one from Eisenhower to Obama could? Highly unlikely.

Gee, when did Ike forward even make an attempt at unification?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Why? Because the Liberal media, along with the lies and hateful rhetoric from the Democratic Party, makes some naive people to believe their delusional nonsense. Most middle class folk, who I chat up here in Upstate NY, can't stand our Democratic governor (Cuomo) and his Liberal views. He's against ICE doing their jobs, he inacts the stupid SAFE ACT gun law and then follows with the Empire State handgun registry, that turned law abiding gun owners into felons, because of their failure to re-register their handguns. Not to mention the corruption downstate and in Albany. People are fed up with the Democrat's views on gun control, "sanctuary" for illegal immigrants, their encouragement of race-based hatred, their blatant hypocrisy regarding sexual misconduct and their lack of tolerance of other people's views. The fact is this: DON'T trust the polls.

Trump is at the same place as Obama and Clinton! That's remarkable, given that he has had the worst 15-month polling start of any president in the modern era. Then I read the fine print. Yes, 37% say that Trump deserves re-election which is the exact same number who said that about Bill Clinton in 1994 and Barack Obama in 2010. BUT, the numbers for Obama and Clinton are from October 2010 and 1994, respectively. That's after a full year of Republicans spending millions of dollars to campaign against them. We are only in April for Trump -- and the fall campaign is at its earliest stages. Virtually no ads attacking him have even run.

www.cnn.com...

I agree with you that the Liberal media is terrible, but you forgot to mention that conservative media is just as bad. Corrected it for you.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join