It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Anti-Trump Crowd Concede That Trump Was Responsible For Korea's Potential Unification?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just thought I should start a conversation on something other than Hildabeast. First, let me say that I voted for Trump. I didn't vote for him because I'm xenophobic, a misogynist, racist or a white supremacist. I voted for him because I thought Hillary Clinton was a bigger liar and I couldn't trust her. It's as simple as that. I knew Trump made sexist comments, was probably unfaithful in the past, and an egomaniac, but I thought I could trust him to do the right thing for people like me....the middle class. Has he made mistakes? Yes he has, but in the 15 months that he has been in office, I think he has done a decent job, especially with the way the media and some Democrats portray him as an egregious leader. There are times that I have winced on occasion, with the melodrama that has unfolded over his infamous tweets. I do think Trump is brash, stubborn and, at times, unpredictable. Are these good traits for a president? I'm not entirely sure, but I do know that his demeaner in regards to our conflict with North Korea has resulted in a "potential" historic result...the unification of North and South Korea. I say "potential", because Kim Jong-un, like Trump, is unpredictable. Kim Jong-un's country is dirt poor, with his people starving because of the many sanctions. His nuclear test facility at Punggye-ri, located in a mountainous site, has apparently collapsed, rendering it unsafe for future tests. Perhaps Kim Jong-un has been persuaded by these events, as well as Trump's persistant threats. Maybe the fact that Trump hired National Security Advisor John Bolton, has persuaded Kim Jong-un to give up on his aspiration on becoming a nuclear power. So, my question is, what will Trump's naysayers think if North Korea signs a denuclearization deal, at tomorrow's summit between North and Soth Korea? Kim Jung-un will be the first North Korean leader to have stepped on South Korean soil since the end of the Korean War. What will the anti-Trump crowd think, if North and South Korea officially sign a peace treaty, ending the Korean War? I think there will be many, many people, who will find it hard to believe that Trump's unflinching resolve, made this possible.

Friday's meeting will be the first inter-Korean summit to be held in South Korea, also making Kim the first North Korean leader to have stepped on South Korean soil since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War. The two previous summits held between the divided Koreas in 2000 and 2007 were both held in Pyongyang.

Moon has expressed hope that his meeting with Kim will help start the North's denuclearization process moving forward, noting that they may also discuss the possibility of formally ending the Korean War as part of efforts to establish permanent peace on the Korean Peninsula.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

"A freeze on the North's nuclear program should involve suspension of missile and nuclear tests as well as a stop to its nuclear activities at the Yongbyon nuclear complex," Yang Moo-jin, a professor at the University of North Korean Studies, said. "The announced measures could be construed as the beginning of a nuclear freeze."

Seoul's hope is that, "if a clear commitment on denuclearization can be specified and, more than that, if that can be confirmed as meaning the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, (we) would see it as very successful," he said.

"We will learn a lot more about that prospect after the meeting on Friday," Susan Thornton, acting U.S. assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, told reporters in Seoul on Tuesday. "What we have seen so far is the statements about the willingness to denuclearize, and what we have to do now is we have to test the sincerity of the statements."

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Nevva !!

They won't even understand why the test sites blew up sky high recently either.

🤓

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Because no one from Eisenhower to Obama could? Highly unlikely.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

None of them even got close. However, President Trump has at least got it to the table.

President Trump deserves “big credit” for talks between South Korea and North Korea this week, South Korean president Moon Jae-in told reporters Wednesday. “I want to show my gratitude,” he said.

Link

Some folk seem like their partisanship puts them in a position of hoping it doesn't happen. How very sad and unbecoming that is.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No conspiracy there at all. Nope. Trump waved a big stick and the dirty commies folded.
Bosh.
The frenzied trumpers can jump on that band wagon it they like. Tough guy staring down a smaller tough guy. School yard diplomacy. Bollox

Toss away any possible skullduggery on the back side. Don't even suppose that it might have been a set up.

If this goes forward then fine. If NK is truly seeking admittance into the international community, fine. If NK and SK do start working together great. But will they?

All those ifs? Those are not just my ifs but take a look at the posted quotes, they are littered with if after if after if.

All of that is ifs, the ifs that have been there since the 50s.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That's like giving credit to Reagan for bringing down the Soviet union. He just happened to be in office when we finally spent them to oblivian.
edit on 26-4-2018 by Bluntone22 because: Stupid auto correct

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

BWAHAHAHA

Oh that’s rich..

That’s the funniest thing I will read all week..

So how is Trump even partially responsible?!?!

Lmao??

Trump threatens Kim with “fire and fury” if he threatens another ally. Then 4 seconds later Kim threatens another ally..

The only way for trump to improve relations it to validate them as a nuclear power and lift sanctions..

Would that be a win for us???

Lol

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

John Bolton and the bush administration let NK have nukes I the first place.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Because trump is negotiating with them?!?!

Man y’all can’t even keep your conspiracies straight. Lol

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

"Potential Reunification"

I don't see a lot of potential for that. Little Kimmy King of the Hermit Kingdom isn't about to give up his fiefdom.

Is Trump to be credited with the potential for denucleazation and/or the possible signing of a formal Declaration ending the war between the two? Possibly, but this "process" as orchestrated by NK has been played out over and over again. North Korea acts up, makes threats, fires off missles and then makes nice to get fat packages of goods and cash and then over a few years, rinse repeat.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Bottom Line is that we have a LONG way to go before any sort of reunification. I think you're putting the cart before the horse here. If it happens, we can revisit your claim. Until then......

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

NK was willing to talk to any US president.

No president would speak with him until he gave up his nuclear program.

So on what planet is trump validating NK as a global nuclear power a win for us???

A win for the US is supposed to be ending NK’s nuclear program. Which is something NO PRESIDENT IS going to get Kim to do.

There is no win here and will likely be trump giving them millions to consider doing something he will never do.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Do those of us with some shreds of common sense *want* the Anti-Trump crowd giving him any credit? These are, after all, the same folks who celebrated Barack Obama receiving a Nobel Peace prize for doing... uhm... not a god damned thing that assisted peace. I don't personally feel the need to have my positive thoughts on the color of a room validated by the agreement of a blind man.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

So how is Trump even partially responsible?!?!

I dunno exactly how, but the South Korean President gave President Trump "Big credit" for the talks.

I'd say Moon Jae-In carries a little more weight than you without any doubt.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

WHAT?!?!

No way you really believe that....

Remember the “fire and fury” bluff that Kim instantly called???

This is trump about to give Kim Trillions to NOT GET RID OF HIS NUCLEAR PROGRAM.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
This is trump about to give Kim Trillions to NOT GET RID OF HIS NUCLEAR PROGRAM.

You misspelled 'Obama' and 'Khamenei'

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Will the Anti-Trumpers concede that this double post bug continues to plague me?
edit on 26-4-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I'd say Moon Jae-In carries a little more weight than you without any doubt.

I doubt it. I've seen a pic of Moon. He looks pretty lean. Bet Josh has him by 20lbs.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If this turns out to be a ruse, do we then get to blame him for not seeing the obvious?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Odd, don’t have time to read your intro. I was just telling my wife of a possible reconcilliation of the north and south. She wondered if trumps idiot remarks and threats had something to do with it. Not being a trumper in any sense, I still had to answer, Maybe? Told her to think about it, would you trust nuclear weapons to this moron? Now if you were named as an enemy, of course not, the man is a sociopath and unstable, best to just egnore him and settle with the south. To give him credit for intelligence, no, he had no skill, just insanity and like my sister in law whom is a mirror image of him, we have little to do with either and trust is not a part of it. Of course he will stand up and award himself all the praise and glory, it is his childish way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join