It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth... this guy hust figured it out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well as they said, he did it
Pretty amazing task to accomplish
Second chute was perfect

I am suitably impressed with that achievement, not something you see everyday
Man shoots himself at 350 mph just shy 2000 feet

Flat earth, who cares.
Plenty of other people do stupid things everyday for attention
Took some courage

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Right, although I find this a silly idea, he takes stuff into his own hands and makes it work. Great respect for someone like that, although I don´t share is view on earth as bein flat.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Somebody needs to tell that guy you can't prove the earth is flat by going up into the atmosphere! Sure the earth looks cured at 2,000 feet because of the curvature of the observer's eyeball!

Sheeesh, I thought everyone knew that; at least thats what they taught us in school.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Politics would be a perfect fit for this guy. Years of prep, self promotion, and $$$ spent to do something college kids have already been doing with an off-the-shelf weather balloon and an Iphone. Come to think of it, did he take any pictures?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Is there any ancient or esoteric type info regarding this whole flat Earth thing? Or is it some new age stuff?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Elon Musk should offer a billion dollars to the first person to take a picture of the flat Earth with all seven continents visible.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

LOL Are you just looking for next years Darwin winner?

And yeah, I can totally see this fellow going into politics.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Flat earth aside...that was a gnarly stunt..

Go Mad Mike!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Looks like fun.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
WRONG THREAD LOL SORRY

-Alee
edit on 4/26/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
How in this day and age can anyone really thing the Earth is flat , Are they for real?

Totally crazy. Everyone knows that the Earth is really a doughnut shape. That explains the hollow Earth theory. The ice caps are the interior of the doughnut. Because there is little sunlight all the ice collects there. And the Equator is the hottest part of the Earth because it's on the outermost edge closest to the Sun.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Dude, he powered his rocket with STEAM!

That alone makes this insanely awesome... Completely impractical, but insanely awesome!

Having looked into this story pretty extensively I can pretty confidently but not with absolute certainty say that what makes this story even more awesome is how he scammed flerfers into helping fund his rocket hobby!

I'm pretty certain mad Mike isn't and never has been a flerfer, but after multiple original crowd funding campaigns failed to come even close to raising the money he needed, I believe that he bit the bullet and decided that actually getting his dream funded was worth pretending to be a flerfer to make happen.

I'm like 98% sure that this dude milked dirty flerfer LOLcowz to pay for his rocket...

In my mind that makes him a double hero / the guy dos Equis beer company should pay to play the most interesting man in the world on their beer commercials.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Be honest, I love FE theory, don't believe anyone believes it and are taking the piss from gullible nutters who argue it
It's a con, dumbos a e bitching about, the only stupid people are the people arguing

Steam, really, awesome

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
At some point in his life he must have hit his dome on something, absolute bloody stupid idiot!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yeah, the fact that he used Steam to power the rocket actually makes it super cool in my opinion.

Having worked with steam, I can safely say that the truly amazing part of all this is how he somehow made room in the rocket for the massive brass testicles he obviously has in order to be willing to launch himself on a column of live steam.

Truly a marvel of engineering...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

That it was!!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think he should have gone steam punk instead of flat earth.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It's like the taco commercial where the little kid says why can't we have both I think...

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
What an idiot. Can't believe he actually got in the rocket.

Not only he almost DIED trying to prove an, also idiot, theory, he put other people's live in danger sending this home-made rocket into air.

takeoff at 26:34

best moment 32:06

THE worst FO:New Vegas side quest, ever!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join