It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Handmaid's tale

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: SR1TX
Meh, looks stupid.

What an ignorant statement.

It's actually quite good and creepy at the same time because that crap could actually happen.

No,

It will never happen because 2nd amendment and most importantly that is the ugliest actress I have ever seen. It some leftists vision of what religion does to people, and I have seen enough of that BS both directions.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I watched it. I saw season 1 and still don't know if I like it. Not much point starting with it now. If you missed season 1 there's no way you will understand season 2.

It's kind of like religious communism. Like all these women protesting today have never really experienced any actual abuse in their lives so they invented this show so they could imagine it.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I had no idea there was a movie, gonna have to check that one out.

I don't think I've ever seen her in anything else to be honest, but I agree with your point on her stiffness, though I wonder if that's how she wants to come across? beaten down so much and manipulated she is mostly just numb now? with occasions of emotional outbursts, I think that's how I am seeing it.

rickymouse

I had no idea Doc Martin is still going, that show has been around for like 15 years or something? I remember me dad watching it in the early 2000's

SR1TX

#ing amazing input, and you even got some leftie bashing in your second post, thank you! cliche ATS these days! reminds me why I rarely visited in the last 2 years.

snowspirit

No, I agree, it's depressing and hard to watch at times, shows the very worst of us for sure! most sickening part is knowing half this stuff has gone on and still does, that's the hard thing for me to swallow.

testingtesting

I have the alienist in my list, I will check that one out!

mblahnikluver

Oh man, that opening episode from season 2 .... sickening, I really hope Aunt Lydia gets what she deserves in the end, brutal disgusting woman!
I definitely would like to see more on how all this came to be, I mean the flashbacks help but I feel they are lacking and slow, not as well integrated as they could be for sure.

Bluntone22

Yes I get that, I like those movies though and honestly I don't see them as far fetched as they seem, nor do I this series, Which in itself is depressing. as someone a lot of this is based on things that have actually happened in the world before.

knoxie

Yes, makes you sick right? I am enjoying the series though, as sick as it is!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Meh, looks stupid.

What an ignorant statement.

It's actually quite good and creepy at the same time because that crap could actually happen.

No,

It will never happen because 2nd amendment and most importantly that is the ugliest actress I have ever seen. It some leftists vision of what religion does to people, and I have seen enough of that BS both directions.

Ha you really think the 2nd amendment would save you? You think any rules saved those in the Nazi camps?
Also who cares what the actress looks like. It has nothing to do with the storyline.

Leftist version? No it's how some whacko's in the religious community actually think. Nobody is saying this will happen but it shows what could happen. Anything is possible and no amount of amendments can stop something bad from happening.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Season 2 wow. I’ll never be able to look at Fenway Park the same again. I’m totally hooked on this show too!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Had me on edge that did, what a sick woman eh?

Hell of a start to the season though!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Why would anyone watch to watch this POS ?

It's real life everyday over in the middle east.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join