It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some kind of game, stumped me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
While digging through the internet for tid bits involving certain research, some thing new and challenging presented it's self. Knowing how ATSers LOVE a good game, I just had to let a certain few in on what was found.
I've tried to figure this out, even with the most obvious of things, like the link problem, it's not right. Even though it is the first clue, my first thought was it is a broken link, but compare the address to the home site at--->
find the other * to see source link

The following is taken from just past half way down, right above the huge highlighted section. So if one scrolls down they can find it fast, just look for the vertical highlight starting with "Check out the FBI's", you can't miss it. I'm not the greatest at fixing broken links or following up on them, but know some members and certain staff *cough* Chook *cough* among others are. I am going to continue checking this "game" out and see what I can find.

'Take the GCHQ challenge! A message has been broken into 5 parts, each containing 5 characters. These parts have been disguised or hidden in different ways on this Web site. Simply find them, work out what they mean, and put them together in the right order. Then you will see our message!

You don't have to solve the puzzle to apply successfully to join GCHQ but if you include the message in your application form, we would certainly be very interested in talking to you.'

Also, has anyone seen the site before or heard about it, this is the first time I have, and am not sure what to make of it yet. However I am intrigued, and hoping for replies soon from those who feel a need to read, but never reply.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by ADVISOR]

Xon

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Your link diden work at me but I found the page. The link is
www.gchq.gov.uk...
This is very interesting I will try to brake the code

Im flying to spain on sunday Now I have something to do on the plane, Tnx for the link

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Xon]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
you can see what was there here;

web.archive.org...://www.gchq.gov.uk/challenge.html

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I got thier CD-Rom a couple of months ago that had an interactive situation that you had to go through.

I could post an ISO but it's really large (414MB).

Here's a screenshot:

If you really are interested, there should be a form on their website to order a copy yourself, for free.

If you don't want to order it and you have a high speed connection, I can upload it for you.

[edit on 22-4-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Great thread. Nice info.

I have to try this one myself.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Here's a thread I posted on GCHQ back in December:
GCHQ employment?

I included the URL where you can order a free CD-ROM from them.

www.wherecareersmakeheadlines.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join