It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea’s nuclear test site has collapsed... and that may be why Kim Jong-un suspended tests

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Iran has more destructive power than North Korea. It is potentially a bigger problem that needs to be resolved.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't know why you guys are making fun of this when by all accounts the test seems to have been a success. In fact it seems to have destabilized the mountain and had it collapse on that test site. That means the weapon exceeded expectations.

Who's to say that now that he knows how to make such powerful weapons he's not building a few more sites that will be complete in a few years. What if he decides to take further tests out to international waters?

What is South Korea and China engaging NK in more negotiations is a direct result of them having attained this status?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Let me rephrase that...

“No nuclear power in history has ever given them up without that administration falling almost instantly. “
edit on 25-4-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That was my first thought. Seal Team 6.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Learn your history abou North Korea. It went up and down. Negotiations after negotiations. They give in and afterwards they retreated. They played us all. The Olympics and concerts was all foreplay. Meetings will come. Many will follow. And when the money flows in Kim, s pocket again they will retreat after a while. And who's the winner?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ManFromEurope

They lost the plans for how to build another one?

The People's Copier ran out of toner.

Comedic gold!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Let me rephrase that...

“No nuclear power in history has ever given them up without that administration falling almost instantly. “

Still wrong. Try again.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Freudian slip.. the twerp's a p---y. ROUGE.. as in RED

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
See, US didn't have to do anything. Now quit poking your swords into other nation already.

BTW this was old news. Kim Jong Un already knew he fked up. Even his father Kim ill sung wouldn't do something this stupid.

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 25-4-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If he was building something we would know. Google Earth could spot it and the Government has far better systems.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Iran has more destructive power than North Korea. It is potentially a bigger problem that needs to be resolved.

That was my drift.. Baby Kimba can snag a few from Iran's Im-a-nut-job..
Iran'd love to help him out...!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Until he digs another cave lol...

No nuclear power in world history has EVER given them up.. it is a pipe dream/propaganda that people pretend trump has ANY hope of a win here..

Trump could make it worse, but I see no even possiblity to get better.

South Africa gave them up.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Either that or he faked the nuke tests and then blew the mountain up to cover it. Now all he has to do is scatter a bit of radioactive material around the mountain. He proved he has nukes without any high spending.. No one wants to open up the mountain to prove him wrong. So he sells "I quit" to the world and starts on his real nuke program.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Seems to me, if I remember correctly, Nk threatened to do an above ground test over the pacific after they blew up the mountain. I don't doubt that the collapse of the mountain is a HUGE headache for not only North Korea, but China as well.

I think what is going to happen is that North Korea is looking to legitimize their nuclear weapons and really the only way to do that is to hold talks with the other nuclear players. They will unwittingly acknowledge NK as a nuclear power, and then talks will collapse.

I seriously doubt North Korea is willing to give up the nukes, and that this is just a way to get global recognition.

But that is just my own hunch.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

A) you can’t have “peace negotiations” when your not at war lol..

Holy crap you are 0/2 now.

Google 'Korean War'

Let me know if the north and south ever finished that one.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Let me rephrase that...

Strike 3, your out.

Look up some history, it will do you well in these type of conversations.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The deal with NK is that there is a lot at play here.

1. Kim is broke broke broke... Thanks You Trump...
2. Nuke testing has fallen on hard times... thank you ^ and they suck at it
3. Kim can have billions, but is trapped in a prison hell...
4. How long before he is taken over by the military...see #1
5. Maybe the Winter Olympics though is sister gave him a different perspective... thank you SK
6. He will never see Paris in the spring...thank you France and any other beautiful place he will never see unless he changes

I could list 10 more but you all get the point.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

A) you can’t have “peace negotiations” when your not at war lol..

North Korea and South Korea are still at war.

Based on your last two post you seem to make stuff up and completely ignorant on the subject on which you are speaking. I know most things on ATS turn into pro or anti trump argument but doesn't mean you have to post bull# on a thread just because you need to show your anti trump sentiment.

I'm neutral on trump and just wanted to let you know that you are making yourself sound really dumb and it probably isn't helping your cause.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Something is off with the whole thing, can't trust him or any news reported.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

this happened before, not that hard to sink a shaft, thinkl drilling a oil well.

the hard part is getting your test equipment down there

<< 1  2   >>

join