It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad news for Climate Change.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

The study in the American Meteorological Society’s Journal of Climate predicts temperature rises of 1.66C compared to one IPCC forecast of 3.1C and 1.33C compared to another IPCC study predicting 1.9C. The 2015 Paris climate agreement sought to limit climate change to 2C above pre-industrial levels and no more than 1.5C if possible. Mr Lewis, said: “Our results imply that, for any future emissions scenario, future warming is likely to be substantially lower than the central computer model-simulated level projected by the IPCC, and highly unlikely to exceed that level.” Governments around the world base their preparation for tackling climate change on the IPCC models.

Please remember, I didn't write this, nor did I invent it, I'm just reporting it. SO it's not my fault that manbearpig was exaggerated slightly.

Yes, it seems we may have been a tiny bit premature in making the drastic claims we did on climate change. But don't fret, there is still a chance this study was wrong and we will still die in a fiery explosion very soon.

And there still should be a strong effort to reduce emissions, remove the pollution from farming into rivers, and change the way we commute. We just need to do it because it's the right thing, not because we are being guilted into it. And as always, have a nice day.
edit on 25-4-2018 by network dude because: bad sler

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.express.co.uk...

The study in the American Meteorological Society’s Journal of Climate predicts temperature rises of 1.66C compared to one IPCC forecast of 3.1C and 1.33C compared to another IPCC study predicting 1.9C. The 2015 Paris climate agreement sought to limit climate change to 2C above pre-industrial levels and no more than 1.5C if possible. Mr Lewis, said: “Our results imply that, for any future emissions scenario, future warming is likely to be substantially lower than the central computer model-simulated level projected by the IPCC, and highly unlikely to exceed that level.” Governments around the world base their preparation for tackling climate change on the IPCC models.

Please remember, I didn't write this, nor did I invent it, I'm just reporting it. SO it's not my fault that manbearpig was exaggerated slightly.

Yes, it seems we may have been a tiny bit premature in making the drastic claims we did on climate change. But don't fret, there is still a chance this study was wrong and we will still die in a fiery explosion very soon.

And there still should be a strong effort to reduce emissions, remove the pollution from farming into rivers, and change the way we commute. We just need to do it because it's the right thing, not because we are being guilted into it. And as always, have a nice day.

There must be a way to heat things up to make 2000 million scientist right again.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

97% of all climate scientists are now smoking, driving SUV's, using hair spray.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

97% of them may have been wrong, that's a big percentage of mistakes.

link   

Those numbers while smaller still mean big problems for the human race.

Also are you taking in to account that much has been done to slow down climate change and that those higher numbers reflected an reality where nothing would have been done?

If anything I would think that it's our acceptance of man made climate change that has caused us to change our ways and limit the speed at which we pollute the earth.

Or at least we did limit our pollution until trump showed up.

I am not a trump hater but I do think changing environmental laws just so your rich friends can make even more money is real dick move. It's the main reason I will not be voting for him in 2020.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

get....out....of....my....mind.

link   

But 97% of scientists who read the misleading reports, agreed that the bad data showed that temps would rise and the oeans would boil and jesus is coming back.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

or the changes that were made because of the scientific predictions are the reason the numbers are lower.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Hmmm... Wow... a nation taken over by a basically fascist ideologue with connections to people within the fossil fuel industry, whose policy writers on the subject of energy policy are people who used to literally run oil firms, lead by a man who cares nothing for the environment, and has made his position on that clear by recommending a tonne of cuts to the EPA, as well as other related bodies, has a Meteorological Association, whose findings argue with the larger, and more qualified body that is the IPCC?

WHAT A SHOCKER, UGGGH! I cannot cope with the staggering levels of surprise I am experiencing, at the news that the largest global concentration of science deniers outside of the Middle East, has decided that ITS results are more accurate than those collaborated on by the scientists of all the world.

Hubristic bloody nonsense.

Lets see now, the AMS is from a country which has deliberately abandoned all responsibilities to the Earth beneath its feet, and embraced the most damaging industries instead, but the IPCC is an international collaborative effort, where experts from the whole world get together to share results, compile data, and reach conclusions based on scientific merit, rather than how scared they are that their results might look bad for business and policy makers...

Yeah, I don't give a God damn what anything that has the word "American" on it thinks anymore. The chances that these results were gleaned from an honest and unfettered scientific pursuit lay between slim and none, precisely because of the nature of the leadership of the nation, and the importance oil companies play in funding all manner of things in America. Its results on everything can no longer be trusted.

See America, think lies. That way, you only get nice surprises.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Here is the deal. I admit we are warming. I don't know if it's all us, or a percentage of "us", and I also know we need to make some changes. I have been hoping for a long time that all the doomsday predictions were bull#. Sorry, I wish for a brighter future, not an end to the human race, I'm a dick that way.

I realize this isn't an end to AGW, but it does show that some of the doom was inflated, and that has been my hope and message all along. I was hard headed for a while and denied belief in warming, but based on facts, I had to change my thinking. I wonder if others are capable of that?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I don't think the deniers really understand this so I'll re post. Hopefully they will read it.

Lets see now, the AMS is from a country which has deliberately abandoned all responsibilities to the Earth beneath its feet, and embraced the most damaging industries instead, but the IPCC is an international collaborative effort, where experts from the whole world get together to share results, compile data, and reach conclusions based on scientific merit, rather than how scared they are that their results might look bad for business and policy makers...

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I realize this isn't an end to AGW, but it does show that some of the doom was inflated,

No it doesn't though. If you account for what has been done to slow the change since those reports came out.

Those high numbers have always been a this is what will happen IF we don't take steps to prevent it.

This report only proves that the steps we have taken were working and we should continue on that course.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I don't think the deniers really understand this so I'll re post. Hopefully they will read it.

Deniers, what a brainless way to express yourself. It's a good thing us "deniers" don't label you believers "idiots", that would make for a difficult conversation. Perhaps all those who hope we aren't all going to die aren't exactly "deniers" but "Optimists". Have a nice day "believer".

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I realize this isn't an end to AGW, but it does show that some of the doom was inflated,

No it doesn't though. If you account for what has been done to slow the change since those reports came out.

Those high numbers have always been a this is what will happen IF we don't take steps to prevent it.

This report only proves that the steps we have taken were working and we should continue on that course.

show me where the carbon levels dropped. Last I heard we went over the magical "point of no return @ 400". And carbon is directly related to temperature as we have been taught. So with an increasing carbon level, how in the world can we not be barreling straight for an inferno?

ETA:
and I am confused by your reply. You seem to agree with TrueBrit that Americans are stoopid and know nothing of science, yet you are making excuses for the articles findings. Which is it?
edit on 25-4-2018 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I don't take offense to being called a believer. I am most definitely a believer in science.

I am sorry to have offended you.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Hmm the church of climatology ARE fascist ideologues.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I don't take offense to being called a believer. I am most definitely a believer in science.

I am sorry to have offended you.

I hope you can expand your vocabulary to learn a new box to put those who believe warming is happening, but hope it's not as bad as some have predicted. It might make for a better discourse then calling anyone who doens't lick your boots a "denier".

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Someone tell me what those science hijackers have accomplished ?

Other than;

Making goods more expensive.

Increasing your taxes to pay for subsidies aka corporate welfare for a industry/technology that depends on the weather to work.

Put millions out of work.

Outsourcing pollution to 3rd world countries.

And create a scam to offset that polluting by buying credits that gives states more money to blow.

NEONE?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Scientists used to be skeptics.

I still would adhere to that description.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Hmm the church of climatology ARE fascist ideologues.

You have a very weird definition of "fascism".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join