It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats, the next best thing to having a dog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Ahem, better than having a dog.

Haha just seen this, nooooo I'd love to have both!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Ahem, better than having a dog.

Haha just seen this, nooooo I'd love to have both!

Dogs, to me, are like kids: better in small doses and not one of your own.

I've had several dogs in my life, but even more cats. I like cats' chill personality.

Dogs would be cooler if they weren't so damned eager, and if they didn't bark.
edit on 25-4-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wrap a cats feet with tape.
Tape a pencil to the end of its tail.
Pop a firecracker next to it.
Prepare to laugh your ass off.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Cats are #ing AMAZING!! Started as a dog person but my Mathilda an epileptic bombay literally is homie for life. I adopted her at 7months WE share the same bday may 4th she will be 2yrs. It's like we have this telepathy. When I get off work from the Veterinarian clinic and watch her play soccer or when she guards me like a watch dog I know it's the best choice ever. And that I think she choose me too.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: crtrvt

Aw bless your lil guy, and you're right they all do have different personalities. Sounds mean of your ex to abandon him, no wonder he didn't know who to trust. I can leave town for a week no problem with mine so long as someone pops in to feed her.
I bolt a window semi-open so she can come and go but not burglars, she's always pleased to see me when I get back.

Do you use a litter tray? I've never owned one, she does her business in neighbours gardens instead, never had an 'accident' in the house.

...made me chuckle that your two despise each other, my Molly hates every other cat and although she's small she'll chase big old tom's out of the yard if they come too close.

It's good your Molly has the option to come and go as she pleases, that seems to make for the happiest of kitties. My two are stuck indoors only now after years of indoor/outdoor living and they are much lazier and apathetic to life, quite sad to watch. They are 12 and 15 so that may have something to do with it as well. I'm moving to somewhere with yard space soon so I'm sure they'll be killing small creatures and living their cat lives to the fullest once again. Does Molly like to hunt?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Age makes a difference for sure, I think Molly is about 12 (ish) but I'm not sure...she's looking older in her eyes than when she first came to me.
As for her hunting, not so much these days because I keep her well fed, she'll share my leftovers of a curry on top of her food if it's on offer. I had a family size beef and onion pie earlier but could only eat about 2/3's of it so gave it to her, she ate it pastry and all lol.

She did used to have a mad thing when she was young though, catch a mouse, eat it all, then leave only the tails for me on the floor by my chair. I could have had enough to make a dark morbid necklace if I'd kept them all.
There was a mouse living in the wall cavity behind the skirting board a few years ago, and as I was sat chilling the stupid mouse came out while Moll's was in the area...it was a swift death, and I let her eat it all, then she delivered the tail to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Dogs would be cooler if they weren't so damned eager, and if they didn't bark.

LMAO!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I love both cats and dogs and I suppose just about all critters. In my life the rare times that I didn't have one or the other I was lonelier, for sure. My Wally dog will be 17 on July 4th. He is still fairly active although he does tucker out more quickly so I just leave him home if I'm going to be going far. He's a little tubba wubba and I'd prefer to not have to carry im a great distance lol. He still steals articles of clothes to line his bed while we are away and acts as if I've been gone years after work.
My kitty and he sort of mimic one another and are obviously in love. They seem to play off one another for attention and treats, watching to see whose actions are working the best.
Kitty sleeps at my feet every night. She's a needy sort and wants human contact almost all of the time.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Aw, Wally dog sounds cute as!
And kitty on the bed by your feet, bless

...I wonder why they like the foot of the bed? It's like the most dangerous place for a cat in mine because I fidget so much!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
[/shameless thread bump]

*opens front door just now
"Moll Moll's you coming in for the night?"
*pause
"Moll Moll's what you up to?"
*long pause
"See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!"
*closes front door

edit on 29-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: clarity

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

For some people, cats are better. My disabled family member I help take care of could never own a dog unless they hired someone to take care of it. She didn't have a pet for many years, even as a child her parents were not the pet type and plus she was once attacked by a dog when she was young,

So anyway... her little sister just showed up one day with a kitten she had gotten from the neighbor who's cat had given birth to a litter about 3 months prior. She just brought it over during an overnight visit and left the next day. At first, my cousin (the disabled family member), was furious.

Long story short, it changed her entire life in many ways and solved a huge chunk of her depression. I was so inspired I also got a cat. A cat suits my lifestyle much better than a dog. I don't need a constant companion. A cat does its own thing for most of the day, and when we cross paths and have time, we do share some very close and affectionate moments. I can clean both litter boxes (the recommended equation is 1.5 litter boxes per cat, rounding up obviously. So one cat should have two litter boxes, rounding up 1.5 to 2.. Two cats should have 3 boxes, and that doesn't require any rounding up) each day, no problem. But I can't take a dog outside to go to the bathroom at random moments throughout the day. I live in an apartment, so installing a doggy door and fencing my "yard" is not an option...

Anyway, I love all animals especially dogs and cats. It's just my life is better suited to have a feline companion right now. Maybe in 5-10 years ill live in a house with a big yard and have the ability to care for a dog properly.

And if you buy good kitty litter, there is no smell. A dog will just pee or poo right on the floor and there are people who's homes reek because they leave their dog home all day and just expect it to magically work out that it won't have to go to the bathroom until they get back.

There are also people who have cats who's homes reek, and that can only be because they did not clean out the litter box(es) for 48 hrs or more. A lot of people just shouldn't have pets.

I look at some of these people and see how they treat their animals, and I'm like: Holy ___ these people have CHILDREN for God's sake... that's scary.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Ah thanks for sharing such a lovely story. It's true, pets can have a massively positive effect on our emotional well being, I know my Molly helps keep me sane!

And if you buy good kitty litter, there is no smell. A dog will just pee or poo right on the floor and there are people who's homes reek because they leave their dog home all day and just expect it to magically work out that it won't have to go to the bathroom until they get back.

I'm pleased to say I've never had to buy kitty litter or a tray, she is free to come and go so I presume does her business in other neighbours gardens, good girl haha!
I'm the same as you, I'd love a dog as well, but with working all day I wouldn't feel good about leaving it alone 8-9 hours straight. One day when I'm really old and retire maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join