It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich really are different from everyone else

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That guy described the Trump administration perfectly, and his supporters.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Rich people suck!

We should take all their money!

But then we'll be rich. Better not touch my money you peons!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Of course, no group is monolithic and there is variance of all kinds within the upper class.

And yes, there are elitist or stuck up people that aren't rich in the classical sense. But all of this basic common sense, which I recognize that at times isn't all that common

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I am not rich in the financial sense.
I have friends who are and friends who are not.
I am happy for the ones who are.
Do what I can to help the others.
No jealousy or pity from this camp.
We are all one.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I know a few folks who are very well to do financially.
You would never guess it by their demeanor.
They are generally very chilled out and wear whatever clothes they find comfortable with no attempt to project an image.
I rode with a dude in his helicopter who was wearing boxers and sandals.
Multimillionaire.
He drives an old Ford pickup his grandfather gave him.
It's the one's who wish they were rich who are pretentious.

I absolutely agree with what you said.

Their are good and bad people regardless of wealth. The discrepancy is , if you are poor and bad their are limits to what you can get away with , but if you are filthy .001% rich their are no limits.

I have associated with extremely wealthy people 100M + and a few that might even be in the B range. Those that made it or even the ones that are 1 generation deep of extreme wealth can still relate to the common person. Those that have generations and generations of wealth appear to live in another world from what I have seen.

The struggle is what makes you really appreciate things in life. This is not to say you don't have struggles with money ,because you do. However its a different struggle which may also help to push those individuals further across the grey line and having the resources to do it.

I think that what happens to some of these deep generations of wealthy people overtime they have to push things further each time to find an emotional enjoyment where buying and doing normal things eventually loses its novelty.

Again that is not to say they all do bad things, but certainly some might and they have the resources to get away with it.

edit on 19430America/ChicagoWed, 25 Apr 2018 23:19:02 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think that what happens to some of these deep generations of wealthy people overtime they have to push things further each time to find an emotional enjoyment where buying and doing normal things eventually loses its novelty.

About 7 out at 10 wealthy families lose it all by the second generation... Nine out of 10 by the third.

About seven in 10 wealthy families lose their fortune by the second generation, according to a study of more than 3,200 high-net-worth families by the Williams Group wealth consultancy. By the third generation, that number has jumped to 90 percent

Just something to chew on...

Most Rich Families Lose it All

edit on 25-4-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

3 cheers to the people with a heart! Rich or not.

Really? Humans are the velociraptors of the mammal world, you know that evil race that goes to a new planet and rapes, pillage and plunders all its resources while eating anything that moves...that is us...

We are all nice when it is good, but I can tell you 2 weeks without power in LA and all those people with hearts will be cannibals. We see evil throughout the world and we say... no not us... really?

edit on 26-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What pinko piffle. The romanticisation of the poor and denigration of the wealthy is the go-to tactic of the jealous.

The pinko piffles are so jealous, they must envy our filthy rich elites for the sociopathic quality of their lives. Sure! Who needs friends anyway?

Well. Get a new brain to think things through with? Some empathy would be nice as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Humans are the velociraptors of the mammal world

That tells me more about your outlook on humans than anything else. Feathers, eh?

you know that evil race that goes to a new planet and rapes, pillage and plunders all its resources while eating anything that moves...that is us...

A new planet! Nibiru or PlanetX?

We are all nice when it is good, but I can tell you 2 weeks without power in LA and all those people with hearts will be cannibals. We see evil throughout the world and we say... no not us... really?

People aint all nice, nor do we see evil throughout the world. Stop with those silly projections for a second and try to learn something new today?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: interupt42

About 7 out at 10 wealthy families lose it all by the second generation... Nine out of 10 by the third.

About seven in 10 wealthy families lose their fortune by the second generation, according to a study of more than 3,200 high-net-worth families by the Williams Group wealth consultancy. By the third generation, that number has jumped to 90 percent

Just something to chew on...

Most Rich Families Lose it All

Yeah I was aware of those stats. My wife family is victim of those statistics

she never got to see any of that money .

. Its the few within the few that have beat the odds that worry me.

edit on 40430America/ChicagoThu, 26 Apr 2018 06:40:00 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Because everything is political, throughout history, whenever claims have been made against the rich/powerful , something not "flattering" - the automatic response is "they're just jealous."

Always.

Only a sociopath would think that people actually envy them for their lack of empathy.

And from a standpoint of plain materialism it surely does make some sense. But they don't realize, that the more spiritually inclined ones actually feel sorry for them. There's doubt that anyone of them ever experienced true love, and how could they?

edit on 26-4-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

People aint all nice, nor do we see evil throughout the world. Stop with those silly projections for a second and try to learn something new today?

Your replies really didn't add anything to my points, so what is your point? No evil in the world...Ever see what ISIS was doing in the Middle East, want to look at Africa now, look at South Africa, how is all that going?

So teach me something... I stand by my point with a vast history as proof that humans can go from Kum ba yah to medieval with life having zero value in a heart beat. There is a reason we are to the top predator on the planet and it isn't just our smarts.

edit on 26-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You stand by your perceptions of a dog-eat-dog world, and I can't pick you up from there if you keep ignoring the little things like... I dunno... science?

There should be no compassion on this planet if your point would hold any water, but there is. And thus it doesn't. All those absolutes, boiling in a soup of misanthropy, tell me more about your person than they could tell me about the human species. Read the piece again and try another line of inquiry?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The rich are so stupid they burn the tree they are living in, it is just the way thing's go and how former civilizations have often collapsed, greed causing unnecessary poverty and suffering induced upon the mass of the population along with corruption by an ever smaller minority whom consolidate ever more wealth to themselves until the wealth and the empire it was valued by fall.

If there was even one single truly clever one he would smell the profit, hire some engineers and have a fleet of long duration ocean going barges built armed with water scooping and filtration systems designed to harvest all that lovely plastic from the ocean's for recycling, there is actually the potential for a mega profit margin as most of that plastic floats in the upper layers and it can of course be dried and stored until the barge is full, make the barges solar powered as well as much as possible and you have yet more profit by cutting some of the expense on fuel consumption and automate most of there functions reducing crew size to just maintenance and whatever international maritime agreement's required of such ocean going vessel's.

But you see there is far quicker profit to be made from raping the economy, robbing the population and impoverishing them.

Sadly it shows that what is essentially an inferior sub species (in the making suited only to using and exploiting others with a sociopath and indeed due to lack of empathy - psychopath mentality) is running the world, how many of those number crunching profit margin obsessed idiot's could even wire a household plug?, I doubt most of them have no idea what a valency is, how to spell polymerization etc, what they do know is how to manipulate other people and that mean's there own intelligence would in time be reduced to just that talent but of course we are not ant's, we are not plebeian's and they are most certainly not patrician's.
edit on 4-5-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join