It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNNs Jim Acosta and April Ryan Say That America Has Too Many Stupid People.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

i dont think cnn wants you to hate reps, i think, they want you to have a closer look. its stupid to say: you are a conservative and therefore you are an idiot. by the way, what is left? what is right? are these young kids fighting against the nra all leftys? am i a lefty because i think that no one needs a military-style rifle in his house, or because of trying to be friendly to anyone (doesnt matter were this person come from)? i love america, its cultur, the music, the movies, i have friends down there, the huge citys, the open landscapes... and most americans have roots from everywhere in the world - thats fascinating. by the way, i dont hate anybody.(:

there is a good line from roger waters (iam a huge fan):

ashes and diamonds
foe and friend
we were all equal in the end.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Irishhaf

If you don't vote for trump you must hate america.

Manipulation works on both sides.

When are people going to stop playing their games and leave the two party system?

That was firmly tongue in cheek in response to the person I replied to.

Also i didnt vote for either major party candidate because the two party system is wildly broken and until the people force an option we are screwed.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well.......

He's not wrong.

Here's some proof.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If you watch CNN, you're drinking the koolaid

Yeah suuuure you can say, "Oh, I'm just expanding my sources" lol, pffff come on now. CNN is leftist liberal feed for the sheeps who are naive and simply don't know any better.

Pity them. Wish them better.

I agree, Acosta and his ilk should be banned, even for lulz.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If you watch CNN, you're drinking the koolaid

Same can be said for Fox, Rush, Hannity and so on.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

They are acting like a typical leftist does when they don't get their own way.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They otta know, they target the stupid people and get them to believe stuff that is fabricated and not true.

Most of the people in MSM target people's beliefs, they do not tell the whole truth in a way that people can properly evaluate easily.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Acosta is mad at Trump for calling Kim Jong "honorable". The idiot doesn't understand psychology in general, let alone the psychology of how you speak to Kim Jong to get what you want. Or, most likely, Acosta is just a CNN-hired terrorist.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Terrorists?

This is terrorism?

LUL

How far we've sunken right? People call anything they don't like "terrorism" now.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
go make fun of him on twitter. trust me, ALL these fools read their twitter. call him little man lmfao, cause that is all acosta is, a little man.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hmmm, large swathes of the American population are largely ignorant, but somehow, I don't think they are quite the same ones that these two are referencing.

When I think about ignorant people, I think about the ones who somehow get the equivalent to a high school diploma while still being functionally illiterate. Yes, this happens in the larger cities in this country more often than many think, and it's a factor in why so many in the larger cities are unemployable in most jobs.

All too many are blissfully unaware of even basic civics or history.

How many of these same can function with basic math, too?

But I don't think that's the same criteria for "stupid" that was being referenced by these two reporters. Do you?

Ket.I graduated high school in 65. The class of 65 has been touted as the fruit of the public education tree in America. Even then though, I looked at the up coming students behind me I had to question the future of the nation because a change was occurring even then. Not only were there the slackers of my own year but students of even two years later were displaying signs of the decay of educational values with which I had been raised. These were the care less about society ''surfer kids'' to whom school was a complete joke. And that's not to say that it wasn't.

Then toss in Pink Floyd and the WAll with the concept those lyrics pounded into the youth mentality at the time. And again not saying that that caused any downfall because it was true. Bricks in the Wall. The Beats of the 50s and the hippies of the 60s had seen it for what it was. But when children are told that the entire system, for one reason or another is a sham, what are they going to do. They will not take any of it seriously.

My own children went to school in the early 80s and by then I had the ability to critique the school systems as an adult and knew that they were little more than holding pens for over grown children.

So by my standards, yes, my standards as I admit my own biases, the general public have been satisfied with remaining children, pampered by societies luxuries and entertainments. The Doctor Spock books served well in misleading generations of parents on child rearing and the school systems cranked out masses of ''nonthinking'' cogs to run the machines of the establishment.

I do not disagree with those two in the generalities about American intelligence as I suspect neither do you or the OP. It is the specifics that we somehow manage to isolate and point to in confirming our own biases and that was the point of my reply. Poorly educated people pointing at other poorly educated people calling THEM the problem all the while not being able to consider the juxtapostion of both sides of the political spectrum.

As I tried to point out in my reply, ATS does a lot of name calling concerning the other side as well as the brain dead and propagandized masses living in stupors of self indulgent superiority complexes all the while hardly considering that they themselves are very possibly subject to the same maladies.

And yes, I place the blame on the failed educational system on failed liberal policies. Liberalism could see that society was changing and that we needed to change along with it in order to have any hope of keeping pace with those changes while at the same time conservative policies took the approach that things had to be kept the same or even reversed in order to maintain the standards of past generations. Both are failed ideologies to my mind.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

You automatically get the center square, remember? That's five in a row!! BINGO!!

Congrats!!

I find it easy to ignore CNN. I don't watch. Fox is just as easy, don't watch them either... Anyone sensing a trend here??

Use multiple sources, with multiple viewpoints/slants, and, in general, you'll have the truth of the matter, I've found.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Terrorists?

This is terrorism?

LUL

How far we've sunken right? People call anything they don't like "terrorism" now.

Terrorists Hate. CNN Hates. Therefore CNN = Terrorists. Simple logic.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Y'know, stretching the definition of terrorism into an unrecognizable form does no good in helping your point.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Y'know, stretching the definition of terrorism into an unrecognizable form does no good in helping your point.

Followers of CNN do knock over statues. . . .

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Terrorists?

This is terrorism?

LUL

Terrorists Hate. CNN Hates. Therefore CNN = Terrorists. Simple logic.

So Trump is a terrorist too since he hates anything that is critical of him? Your logic is dumb.

Also, I see you conveniently ignored the definition of terrorism I posted in the thread that says that terrorists need to actually perpetuate violence.
edit on 25-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There are too many stupid americans. We are an embarrassment.

We don't listen to scientists.
We voted for Trump and Hillary, when we had literally 40 other choices for president.
We keep voting for the same congress people over and over again for decades and decades.
We cry about welfare for poor people and don't care that rich, global corparations get billions of dollars from our government each year.
We watch MSNBC and Fox news and listen to talk radio.

Yes, we are a nation of idiots.
I love this country and am raising my sons to not be brainwashed morons. They never watch news or news shows on TV. They would rather be grounded for a week then watch the morons on msnbc or fox news. They listen to scientists. They don't listen to talk radio...not even sports talk radio. They would never have voted for either Trump or Hillary and know that both of them or idiots at best criminals at worst. They help people in need be donating to charities and volunteering and understand that rich corporations only care about making money. My sons would never watch duck dynasty or honey boo boo. They already know who Ben Franklin, George Washington and the other founding father's were.

I suggest you do the same with your children.
edit on 25-4-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Yet now, when a couple of Msm pundits say the very same thing they are booed here with abandon.

Fair points. I cringe every tie someone admonishes people on ATS to "wake up!" because they consider their myopic view of the world to be enlightened when they are just ignorant. I think the issue here, though, is the credibility of journalists in general, who are rarely well-versed in the subjects they report upon--especially "anchors" who read what they are told. What qualifies them for the job? Well, they're required to look pretty and speak in an intelligible manner--the proverbial talking head who has no particular expertise. These guys are simply angry because they can't ask what they call "provocative questions." What are those? Like asking, "Have you stopped beating your wife, yes or no?" Their attitude is reflected in their questions. They are the ones who have turned the 'press briefing' into an adversarial game of one upmanship. They really don't want answers to their questions. They couldn't care less what the answers are. They just want to start a fight. I think it's really great to see the White House, or whomever, fight back against these jokers.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
L😁 L

Acosta already backtracking and stumbling on Twitter.

Got his message out to the thunderheads.

Same old game same old stench.

✴️

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Gee folks, I would think this kind of ''honest'' evaluation of the American people would be applauded by conservatives here on ATS.

How many years have we heard a fair number of people on this sight calling huge segments of the American public ''sheeple'' and ostriches with their heads stuck in the ground. Calling everyone left of Barry Goldwater as ignorant and delusional imbeciles? I will tell. All the time.

Yet now, when a couple of Msm pundits say the very same thing they are booed here with abandon.

for the record Chadwickus, this is whataboutism.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join