It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Republican Debbie Lesko wins special general election to replace Franks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Republican Debbie Lesko wins special general election to replace Franks

PHOENIX — Voters elected Republican Debbie Lesko to Arizona’s Congressional District 8 seat on Tuesday, filling a U.S. House of Representatives seat that had been left vacant since former Rep. Trent Franks resigned in December.

The reliably conservative district was expected to go to Lesko, who won with 53 percent of the vote, but 47 percent of residents voted for Democrat Dr. Hiral Tipirneni.

click link for article...

Not what the Democrats were hoping for.

I think Democrats are in for a let down come the midterms. The outcome totals, percentage wise, were once again inaccurate by the left wing media.
edit on 24-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Blue Wave-. . . . .wait, what?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I wonder how "accurate" that 47% is.

🚿

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Blue Wave-. . . . .wait, what?

My thoughts as well...

When the truth comes out about the Trump-Russia collusion bs I think Democrats are going to have an even worse time than they are now. New text messages between Strzok and Page were turned over to the Congressional committee. From the looks of it Strzok and Page knew the Australian Diplomat was nothing more than operative linked to the Clintons and was a setup.

There was absolutely no intelligence, contrary to the lies by some Democrats, used to start this witch hunt. I think the more disclosure of that mess the more Democrats are going to have tough elections.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The democrats have made their bed. Now they get to sleep in it.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yeah so much for that blue wave bullsnip.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So is this a referendum on the blue wave, I mean when a democrat leaning district went democrat it was trumpeted as a referendum on Trump?

Or is this another subject only allowed to flow in one direction..

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So is this a referendum on the blue wave, I mean when a democrat leaning district went democrat it was trumpeted as a referendum on Trump?

A Red Tide?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Now lets be fair, this is one election and wouldnt conclsuively prove anything about the midterms either way.

If the dmeocrats had won here, I would have told those saying this proved a blue wave was coming that they were wrong.

So I feel i must also say I dont think this proves there isnt a blue wave coming.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
But but but Pelosi was going to take over the House, take away all of our scraps and stop the Committees from investigating stuffs so they can figure out new ways to redistribute the wealth into their bank accounts like the good old days.....what will they do now? Their wild erotic impeachment fantasies gone, they will have to scream at the sky harder and hope for 2020.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

A Red Tide?

By the Light of the Silvery Moon

😰

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

It seems to me that the Dems and msm have this idea that if they just say it enough times, it will magically come true. If msm keeps telling their audiences on a regular basis that the Dems are going to sweep the midterms, people will believe it. Then, when they fail to do so, they will set up a hue and cry---just like November, 2016---about collusion or (I suppose they'll have to have a new term) "election theft" or some such nonsense.

I think the leadership of the party has all become addicted to meth or something....they are losing their rank and file quite rapidly. Reasonable people see that there was no Russian connection and they also see that the party is broke and spending money like crazy on lawsuits. They've lost a lot of their working class donors and now they're going off the deep end, trying to sue to gain a bit of money to pay their debts.

Like others here, I don't think this win really surprised anyone paying attention. It would have been far bigger news had the Dem won.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Blue Wave is all of us former Democrats voting for Republicans this midterm hahaha Dems are so done. I’ve never seen so much anger towards them ever. My Spybook is filled with Democrat friends and family who are openly stating they will vote for MAGA candidates. It’s surreal. They were almost all pro HRC or Sanders (like I was until I found out about the superdelegates = no chance = real collusion/rigging)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It's District 8 - - which is most of Maricopa County

Kinda like San Francisco is to the Dems in CA.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0311Warrior
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Blue Wave is all of us former Democrats voting for Republicans this midterm hahaha Dems are so done. I’ve never seen so much anger towards them ever. My Spybook is filled with Democrat friends and family who are openly stating they will vote for MAGA candidates. It’s surreal. They were almost all pro HRC or Sanders (like I was until I found out about the superdelegates = no chance = real collusion/rigging)

NO

And the largest voting group in AZ is Independents - - not Republicans.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
She did about ten points better than the typical dem candidate in that district. I wouldn't get too comfortable.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

True

The last time Democrats were this confident was the night before Trump won.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

The democrats have made their bed. Now they get to sleep in it.

I'm left in my views but I won't vote for anyone on that side until they can re learn how to be people.
So I'm going the other way.. I'm researching to find anyone similar to ron paul I guess.

Once the left can stop being NAZIS, I can come back home, but until then I'm on my own.
HINT: Love anyone or everyone for being a human, not for being a woman or for being black you racist sexist pigs.

I want to vote for universal healthcare, but until you can stop being racist and sexist I am your enemy.
My parents are hippies..

You lost the plot. I remember when democrats were against blowing up brown people in deserts, and now you call for blood in a way that makes Bush 1, former head of the CIA, blush...

The "News" is not real. Start bringing them to court for lying.. Though Obama gave them propaganda status so good luck..

At least I can say this.

I love you all, and if we can all promise to take care of each other, money will no longer prevent you from being healthy and free. Until you get it, I have to go the other way...
edit on 25-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think a lot of former Democrats feel similar to you. Remember when Democrats actually represented the working class, regardless of race, gender, etc.? Now their bread and butter is identity politics and infortunately sp e of those groups fall for it...hook, line, and sinker.

It becomes clearer every day that the Democrats are willing to destry America in their attempt to become relevant again. To the Democrats, the US Constitution and Bill of Rights are documents of the past and should be discarded. To them, non-citizens deserve more protection and assistance than actual US citizens. The Dems seem to think completely ignoring Federal LAW is somehow okay. In the end, it is becoming clearer that the Democratic party is leaning toward subversion and traitorous behavior just to hold onto power. The Republicans have their issues as well, but nothing as traitorous as the Dems.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Only the most delusional of repubs could be gloating about this win tonight...
Maricopia County is about as Republican as you can get. It's the home of Sheriff Joe Arpaio, average voting age is 66, Trump won the district +20 in 2016.
GOP spent a million $$ vs. a quarter of that for the dems and only won by a +5 margin last night, a +15 point swing to the Democrats.
I know you guys need to grab those good feels wherever you can these days so carry on LMAO!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join