It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There’s a global shortage of exorcists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
qz.com...

Consequently, providing a training course for deliverance ministers should not be straightforwardly translated as an endorsement of the idea that there has been a perceived sudden increase in demonic activity. What it really means is that the Church is experiencing a growing number of people coming and seeking help because they feel themselves to be suffering from spiritual evil.

I think a lot of us will agree that demonic activity is increasing as we approach the end of the age.

I think its a good sign that people are acknowledging the spiritual nature of their problems (not everyone of course is demonically plagued, but a certain number are) and seeking a spiritual solution.

any local accounts any of you can add?

your thoughts; more demonic activity? or just more awareness? or something else going on?

additional source www.wbur.org...

Here & Now's Eric Westervelt (@Ericnpr) speaks with Lampert (@FrVinceLampert), also pastor at St. Malachy Parish in Brownsburg, Indiana, about the ritual and why more people are seeking it out.

"Early on, I would probably get about five calls a week," Lampert says. "Currently, in 2017, I received an average of 30 calls a week."

edit on 24-4-2018 by ElGoobero because: addl info / linque

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just more people not wanting to take responsibility for their own actions

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Meh demons can go # themselves. Pfft.....what kinda entity needs to possess something to to anything. # em. Demons don't scare me they're weak. I keep em away no problem. Im sure they try but there's no point. My soul's my own and they can # off.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
Just more people not wanting to take responsibility for their own actions

well that's definitely an ongoing problem
but there is such a thing as recognizing that one's problems are too big to be solved alone and getting help.
I ask God's help every day. and I need it. am I a wimp? or rational enough to understand my situation?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I won't call anyone a wimp for asking for help. But, do you blame ALL your problems on demons? And does God ever really help, or does just asking for his help inspire you to help yourself?

If you honestly, and rationally believe God will help you out of a situation caused by demons, then you have to believe God would never let you get into a situation with demons to begin with. If he does allow it, then he's kind of a dick, wouldn't you think?

You help yourself, that's all that matters here. Don't pin it to something other then yourself
edit on 24-4-2018 by mymymy because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2018 by mymymy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I won't call anyone a wimp for asking for help. But, do you blame ALL your problems on demons? And does God ever really help, or does just asking for his help inspire you to help yourself?

If you honestly, and rationally believe God will help you out of a situation caused by demons, then you have to believe God would never let you get into a situation with demons to begin with. If he does allow it, then he's kind of a dick, wouldn't you think?

You help yourself, that's all that matters here. Don't pin it to something other then yourself

key word there is 'all'. only a fool blames *all* of his/her problems on outsiders.

I noticed your avatar. he is free to drink beer, but he must take the consequences. God gives us freedom and we often misuse same. we humans are tremendously complicated and high-maintenance.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

We are not that long after entering in to the information age, dont see that ending anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I do them and charge $95 a pop online. It's a pay link to a video that plays a short clips of Austin Powers And The Spy Who Shagged Me. Only 10 minutes and afterwards the person should "behave" . All sales are final.
edit on 24-4-2018 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I find it interesting we can accept and understand people can hack into brains of computers but when we discuss a higher technology hacking into our biological computers our minds the first thing that comes to mind is madness. Reminds me of the times we believed the world was flat and you would fall off the edge of it if you sailed to far out.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Your value system of why God would allow something or not allow something is greatly flawed just for starters.

A lot of things can be allowed to happen for a purpose your human value system with your own walls you built yourself to hold them can't see or understand. Just because bad things are allowed to happen, doesn't cast any defamation on God, that is just your own doing. The only way to ever learn those things is to stop being exactly like the things you are condemning.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Do you think being possessed by an evil spirit is demonic activity? Is there actually some kind of ghost that takes over the person? I never believed in ghosts but sometimes it did seem as if my first wife might be possessed by some type of evil spirit.

I remember being in church once listening to the priest say that baptism was actually a form of exorcism. Something like the spirit of original sin is cast out and replaced by the spirit of Christ.

Is a demon the same thing as a spirit? Or maybe an evil spirit? Or something different?
edit on 24-4-2018 by toms54 because: typo

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Maybe they are seeking help so they can?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Meh demons can go # themselves. Pfft.....what kinda entity needs to possess something to to anything. # em. Demons don't scare me they're weak. I keep em away no problem. Im sure they try but there's no point. My soul's my own and they can # off.

You just put a target on your back.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Think only ones interested are people who watch sci fi movies,I think exorcism is a result of delving with the darkside people intrenched with necromancy,truth be told most of demonic things happen in peoples minds,just like anything overindulged pay for it one way or another,I'm not saying there isn't other dimensions but o0ne has to seek to find them

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

There’s a global shortage of exorcists

That is because more people are waking up to the bs that is religion.

This thread makes me happy.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Exorcism is just a religious way to excuse abusing the mentally ill.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
I find it interesting we can accept and understand people can hack into brains of computers but when we discuss a higher technology hacking into our biological computers our minds the first thing that comes to mind is madness. Reminds me of the times we believed the world was flat and you would fall off the edge of it if you sailed to far out.

That's because hacking into a computer is done by humans which we've definitively proven exist. There is no definitive proof that demons exist. Plus we know how computers work since humans built them using human developed logic. The brain is very little understood and arose through evolutionary forces. Finally, many acts that are labeled "demonic possession" usually or always come down to extreme cases of mental illness.

It's always possible that there are intelligent entities that we can't perceive easily that can possibly "hack" into our brains, but first you need to reconcile their existence with Newton's 3rd Law of Motion. If they are hacking into our brains then there should be physical evidence we can detect of their tampering.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

The exorcist will tell you that is a demon of pride talking.
Let's hope there is no risk in making light of such things.
The alternative being eternal damnation and all.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Do you think being possessed by an evil spirit is demonic activity? Is there actually some kind of ghost that takes over the person? I never believed in ghosts but sometimes it did seem as if my first wife might be possessed by some type of evil spirit.

I remember being in church once listening to the priest say that baptism was actually a form of exorcism. Something like the spirit of original sin is cast out and replaced by the spirit of Christ.

Is a demon the same thing as a spirit? Or maybe an evil spirit? Or something different?

demon = evil spirit. I think ghosts are types of spirits. (the Holy Spirit is often referred to as the Holy Ghost, same thing)

yes, I think some people, who do not have God in their hearts, are infested by demonic spirits, and sometimes these demons can only be removed with outside influence. Jesus said once 'this kind only comes out by prayer and fasting'.

demonic possession is very similar to certain types of insanity, such as bipolarism, and sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.

when a person is 'saved'--asks God for forgiveness and asks Jesus to enter their life as Lord and Saviour--any demonic presence is forced out and not allowed back in. Baptism is a good thing but it's not exorcism.

thanks for the intelligent question. keeps in the spirit of the forum, 'deny ignorance' by asking.

<<   2 >>

join