It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Sanders to announce proposal promising jobs to all Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Bernie for prez!

I love that one.

lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sanders's office has yet to release the details of the plan's funding, but previous large-scale projects proposed by the Vermont progressive have involved ending tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans and large corporations.

Mexico will pay for it

there's no other way

"source"😎

Perhaps bernie can sell his vacation home to help pay for some government jobs.

www.vanityfair.com...

Or maybe he can donate some of that 3/4 of a million he got on that book deal.

www.politico.com...

Of course seeing as how he is for the ruich paying more taxes, why is he paying such a low rate?

thehill.com...

Hmm...

Did his wife make bail yet?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
$15 minimum wage is easily doable for these large corporations, they just don't want to because they want those few extra million in their bank accounts and an extra yacht to play in. They want to live in extreme excess at the expense of those that slave away for them.

Well hell, I guess that's why you don't have a yacht, right?

You gave it all away!

I wonder what your wife says or should I say EX wife?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

While i do not like the idea of a Universal Income, its time now to start thinking of how we will deal with more automation and even better AI which could also eventually effect the world of employment.

More automation means less working Americans, we have already watched our assembly lines lose people and gain machinery doing those jobs, even fast food franchises are effected.

New versions of AI software could bring an end to shipping call center jobs overseas, instead one software program could field thousands of calls at once without human intervention.

Again i hate the idea of UI but sooner or later it will be the only way to "earn" a dollar. Maybe a robot or automation tax. Eventually we will need some transition from human employeement to automation kingdom

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The problem with the right is they can't think straight. They all believe having a job is important. Hence a lot of right wing whining goes on about folks that don't have a job. But at the same time they are all in favour of reducing jobs by making companies more efficient. This, so the shareholders can have a few bucks more for sitting on their big fat arses. Well, guess what: you can't have them both.

A balance between consumption and production and a meaningful life for all. That's what matters, nothing else.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Ok lets say that is a problem we need to tackle

How them would people like bernie who want to leave in millions of people help that situation?

If we are admitting jobs are becoming more scarce, why import millions of labor competition?

Although automation hurting jobs is something we will have to deal with, the most immediate step we can take to alleviate the job los from that would be not to give 17 million illegals jobs
edit on 25-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I am part of the right. Make no mistake thst Bernies idea is a mistake as he has offered no clear way to pay for it other than that the rich will pay for it.

$15 dollars an hour is perhaps an easy step for some bigger corporate entities out there, but people on the left forget about payroll taxes, workers comp fees, health benefits, all which add up. Just payroll taxes alone which the employer pays is a burden especially after a mandatory wage increase which will be covered by the same people it was meant to help in the form of higher prices for the consumers and corporations will always pass cost to the consumer, its corporate 101.

As for adding additional laborers in the form of open borders or other nonsense they come up with only to garner votes, it doesnt make sense. Automation could be our savior in that regards as it will be a long transition to automation, especially in some regions and countries.

Agri business will boom in the very places some people wish to leave now, for the greener grass on the USA, but when the jobs are hard to find, perhaps they will return to their birthlands where laborers are still in demand. And even some manufacturing jobs, i dont know.

I do know that the future does need to be addressed as far as automation. I understand its not exactly near future but a plan now cant hurt. Do i believe Bernies plan is viable...NO...and i think he knows it as well but it is simply a vote getter

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So does anyone have any updated info that says exactly what sectors the jobs would hail from, an outline of the financial backing of it, the extent of government involvement (is this going to be akin to a job training & placement service, or a random job hand-out) or are we supposed to listen to umpteen pages of dart-throwing from the usual dimwits who think they know exactly what is in something they didn't write nor have read, while yanking on their genitals again?

Edit: I'm not saying this twice: I didn't ask for your OPINION. If I wanted those, I'd ask your spouses/other halves/sad plastic toys to remove things from upper body orifices. What I'm asking for is simple -- what does the proposal say in black & while, first page to last?
edit on 4/25/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Your tone shows you are not interested in a serious discussion

The point is Bernie does not have a plan made

As usual, he promises all of this stuff, and just a says “the rich will pay for it!”

And then when people mock this, some say the burden is on us to show the details of Bernie’s plan, that he himself has not came up with yet
edit on 25-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I am part of the right. Make no mistake thst Bernies idea is a mistake as he has offered no clear way to pay for it other than that the rich will pay for it.

What's your solution then, I wonder? Reducing more and more folks, introducing more and more machines to produce stuff, computers to automate away services? Hey, I'm fine with that, believe me! I have worked in factories and did some very boring-to-death stuff there and believe me, nobody should do such lame work, period. Let the machines have it, I say.

But - if we have the machines doing "our" work - yay - whom are going to pay for the (admittently very cheap) stuff that then is produced 'en masse'? If we are all out of a job because the machines can do that better, and the only way to earn a buck is by doing work - which there is no more - what are humans supposed to do? In the right wing philosophy those that do not work do not deserve to participate in society, so if we are all out of a job, whom will be society?

In my opinino, Bernie hits the nail on the head: if we feel that jobs are important, we should simply create them. This introduces a whole new slew of producers and consumers.

BTW: personally I don't think jobs are important. I believe INCOME is important, and a meaningful live. I also believe that the only real meaning is service to others, a more intelligent form of service to self. So does Bernie, methinks.

$15 dollars an hour is perhaps an easy step for some bigger corporate entities out there, but people on the left forget about payroll taxes, workers comp fees, health benefits, all which add up.

I was under the impression that people on the left were the ones that were blamed by the right for "inventing" taxes, so I don't think they'd forget about them.

Just payroll taxes alone which the employer pays is a burden especially after a mandatory wage increase which will be covered by the same people it was meant to help in the form of higher prices for the consumers and corporations will always pass cost to the consumer, its corporate 101.

A burden? I thought that paying taxes was an honour! It's a contribution to the general good, how come the right wing does not dig that? Do you not use highways? Do you not need lights in your streets by night? And hold on, wasn't it the right that applauded Donald Trump for re-opening the mines that were closed because they weren't making profits anymore? The right never ceases to amaze.

As for adding additional laborers in the form of open borders or other nonsense they come up with only to garner votes, it doesnt make sense. Automation could be our savior in that regards as it will be a long transition to automation, especially in some regions and countries.

Well, at least we agree on ONE thing: that automation and mechanisation should be used to strip away stupid work.

Agri business will boom in the very places some people wish to leave now, for the greener grass on the USA, but when the jobs are hard to find, perhaps they will return to their birthlands where laborers are still in demand. And even some manufacturing jobs, i dont know.

Nobody does. But there is one thing for certain: given globalisation, the cheap labour available world-wide, the ongoing automation and mechanisation etc., beginning with the EU and US population, work by humans will simply be seen as superfluous and it will disappear.

What is your solution: hoping that we all will return to the days of yore, when all worked in the fields? I don't think that is a good solution.

I do know that the future does need to be addressed as far as automation. I understand its not exactly near future but a plan now cant hurt. Do i believe Bernies plan is viable...NO...and i think he knows it as well but it is simply a vote getter

Well, I recall another 'vote getter' that constantly talked about building a wall - is it there yet? The 'vote getter' talked about never intervening abroad - Syria, anybody? It is what politicians do, left or right.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Nyiah

Your tone shows you are not interested in a serious discussion

The point is Bernie does not have a plan made

As usual, he promises all of this stuff, and just a says “the rich will pay for it!”

And then when people mock this, some say the burden is on us to show the details of Bernie’s plan, that he himself has not came up with yet

No, immediate dismissal without details present shows no one posting already is interested in a serious discussion, since they'd rather jump to conclusions and make assumptions before hearing ANY details whatsoever.

Again, I'm not interested in anyone's personal opinions reached via that. Deets, or STFU is very fair to ask of folks. Have details been released yet? The burden is indeed on those auto-trashing this, because they seem to be privy to info the rest of us aren't and are in absolutes already.

So details, are they available yet? Yes or no?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Oh look, there is something in the way of details out there that Gram conveniently neglected to include. And it doesn't bode well for his argument against it because it's tangible. All I had to do was go to a source I'm not fond of to find it, because everyone else is tiptoeing around & leaving this nugget out.

www.salon.com...

“Under the early draft of Sanders's job guarantee, local, state and American Indian tribe governments in every section of the country would send proposals for public works projects for their areas to 12 regional offices that encompass the country. These 12 regional offices would act as a clearinghouse for these projects, tasked with sending recommended projects to a new national office within the Labor Department office for final approval.

Public Works. You know, stuff like infrastructure & medical services. The former being one Trump's promised to get on with at some point. Looks like someone's (Bernie) doing the grunt work of trying to get it into a working proposal outline now.
edit on 4/25/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Geez... the US already can't maintain a balanced budget and trillions of dollars just up and vanish into the void apparently and no one (hahahaha) knows where it went.

There is absolutely no way the US could maintain such a system long term. Have none of these people ever read up on history and learned from the fall of Communist Russia? The system just won't work and people in the US won't stand for it. I keep remembering history lessons and people standing in lines for bread and toilet paper in the USSR.

I'd rather be on the bottom of the heap and still have the ability to move up with hard work than be on the bottom of the heap because we're told that's where we need to be, and sucks to be you if you don't like it because everyone has to be equal. Equally poor and downtrodden.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Oh look, there is something in the way of details out there that Gram conveniently neglected to include. And it doesn't bode well for his argument against it because it's tangible. All I had to do was go to a source I'm not fond of to find it, because everyone else is tiptoeing around & leaving this nugget out.

www.salon.com...

“Under the early draft of Sanders's job guarantee, local, state and American Indian tribe governments in every section of the country would send proposals for public works projects for their areas to 12 regional offices that encompass the country. These 12 regional offices would act as a clearinghouse for these projects, tasked with sending recommended projects to a new national office within the Labor Department office for final approval.

Public Works. You know, stuff like infrastructure & medical services. The former being one Trump's promised to get on with at some point. Looks like someone's (Bernie) doing the grunt work of trying to get it into a working proposal outline now.

Oh how hilarious you are.

'Oh look, I will run for president too.

I promise $40 dollar an hour jobs for everyone!

How will I do this.

Public works projects.

There, end of disussion.

Now everyone has to agree with me that is a great idea, or admit they hat poor people!

Yes, bernie saying things like we will have public works projects, or the rich will pay for everything is not a real plan.

How much will it cost? Where exactly will the money come from? What if a person isnt good at the job? and literally a million other questions.

Just saying "Free health care for all, free college for all, %15 dollar an hour government jobs for all" is not a plan, and should rightfully be mocked for the sociaists garbage it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Geez... the US already can't maintain a balanced budget and trillions of dollars just up and vanish into the void apparently and no one (hahahaha) knows where it went.

There is absolutely no way the US could maintain such a system long term. Have none of these people ever read up on history and learned from the fall of Communist Russia? The system just won't work and people in the US won't stand for it. I keep remembering history lessons and people standing in lines for bread and toilet paper in the USSR.

I'd rather be on the bottom of the heap and still have the ability to move up with hard work than be on the bottom of the heap because we're told that's where we need to be, and sucks to be you if you don't like it because everyone has to be equal. Equally poor and downtrodden.

No see the post above yours.

This is a great plan!

If you point out that places that have done things like bernie suggests like Venezuela that he praised, are not eating zoo animals to survive, you are a crappy person.

Besides, didnt you see bernie already released all the details of his plan.

"PUBLIC WORKS"!

So there you go, that is proof this is a very doable great idea!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just give me my Social Security back that I've been paying for 30 years instead of waiting to piecemeal it out to me hoping I'll die before 66.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What happens to everyone once the bridges are built, the roads are paved?

By then we'd have created an entire class of workers dependent on government.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What happens to everyone once the bridges are built, the roads are paved?

By then we'd have created an entire class of workers dependent on government.

Uh what are you doing?

How dare you point things like this out!

Didnt you see, Bernie said "the rich will pay" and "public works" !

What more do you need to know?

Never in the history of an economic plan has their been one with such a fine level of meticulous detail!

How would a certain user put it?

Stop "yanking on your genitals" we didnt ask for your opinion!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What happens when Bernie runs out of rich people to tax?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What happens when Bernie runs out of rich people to tax?

OMG, you just keep going!

AHvent you seen from Venzuala Cuba, the soviet Union and elsewhere?

Only when the country is all equal will it then be good.

SO once the richest people make only %50,000 a year, we will tax them, and then the $40,000 people.

Until like Venezuela we all have the dignity and great life provided by being totally equal in scrounging for scraps on the street and eating zoo animals.

Oh except the noble leaders of the movement like Bernie. As he has shown us, he will take all of the tax breaks he can, have lavish vacation houses, and lead a great life.

But he deserves it because he cares about people!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join