It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Outline to Show a Correct Way of Dispensationalism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Meter the AKJV yourself. Malachi 4 starts with 11 syllables in Hebrew. The AKJV has the opening line at 14 syllables. If the AKJV is metered, its not in the same way as the much older Hebrew text.

Why so much focus on the AKJV? Its not even the first English translation.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

How do you know the older Hebrew is correct when we have no older Hebrew (which is not today's Hebrew) to compare it with.

Metering is numbering correct? The Bible is not given to number / meter it is given to be read and studied 2 Time 2:15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not be ashamed, Rightly dividing the word of Truth. Pslam 199 BETH. 9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10 ¶ With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11 ¶ Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

AKJV is not a preserved meter it is the preserved words of God to the English speaking world as promised in PS12:6 and 7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Do you see it yet. You don't have a whole and complete word of God to hold in your hand that you can rely on to be true, complete, whole, inspired and inerrant, that you may lean on it in times of need and comfort. You rely upon yourself to get you through it bey numerology and that is all the metering the bible is. Get the Whole word of God, with all His words in it, with all his doctrines in it, just as he wanted you to have them. Then and only then will you find inner peace.
edit on 29-4-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What makes you so sure that the AKJV is the preserved Word of God, when it's not even the earliest English translation? What was the preserved Word before the AKJV existed?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

First, compare it to every other English Bible version out there and tell me what you see that differs?

And secondly, God said he would preserve it to every generation for ever. It is all about having faith in God's words. Today's generations trade language is English.

Three, it is whole and complete not a single verse is missing, no matter what men may say about this verse or that verse being spurious or in error, they are all there.

Fourth, there is a built in super-natural cross-reference system not put in by man and their denominational differences lie you will find in all versions since 1880.

Fifth, every English word in it can be defined by the context in which it is found, no other version since 1880 does that.

Sixth, it has the exact English words needed to give the correct meaning as God has wanted us to know then
m. Also you could by knowing the English words teach any translation out there and some, because they are missing verse, sections, chapters, and phrases.

Seventh, the AKJV is still the most read English version available today, many of the nearly 400 versions since 1880 are not even in print anymore. Not only that is still out sells all the other English or Foreign language Bible versions combined.

Eighth, It alone has led more people to Jesus Christ than all other English and foreign language Bible combined.

That should be enough proof in and of himself. But seeing you are where you want to be and not where God wants you to be you wont accept it as proof anyway. God's first Question to man was "Where art thou (put you name here)?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So what was God's preserved Word before people spoke English? If your theory has any merit I would expect that you would have thought that part through. The Church Age has existed for 1988 years. The AKJV has only been around for 407 years, so what did the Church do for the first 1581 years?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The point isn't about what Languages the Originals were in, the point is there are NO ORIGINALS AT ALL in existence today in any language, we have had only copies. Timothy had only a copy

2Tim 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
. The Ethiopian eunuch only had a copy

Acts 8:27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
, Jesus read from a copy they had at the synagogue in Nazareth

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Paul had only copies of the scriptures he asked Timothy to bring him.

2Ti 4:13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.
Not a single one of these Scriptures versions mentioned above were "The Originals", they were all copies. And we do not even have these copies today, we have copies of those copies.

Now in order for a man to preserve God's word he would need the full, complete and whole ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS to compare the copies too so they could preserve them into the language of the day. And we do not so these copies cannot be verified as true. But God, the Originator of the words can preserve them.

So it takes faith to believe the AKJV is the one that God has preserved for our English trade language speaking Generation. Your best bet is not to believe me but to get yourself as many different of the Bibles as you can including and AKJV and compare them to the AKJV verse by verse. Use an electronic Bible version plenty out there for free. You will first see that things don't agree in the very first verse.

It took me one year to see that the AKJV was totally different and words were changed or missing, it took two more years of diligent study for me to see the points I gave you in my previous reply. No man convinced me, no man taught me, no man led me to those things. It was the Holy Ghost

It would behoove you to do the same and trust only God and his words.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It takes faith in yourself to believe in what you want to believe.

I'll ask you again. What was the preserved Word before English existed?

Jesus used the scriptures that were readily available in those days. Today we have the AKJV, a host of other translations, as well as the materials they were translated from. All of those are available to me, so that is what I use, though my focus is on the ancient Hebrew and Greek.

Now please, answer my question.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I have faith in God's word where he says he will preserve it to every generation forever.

You have more faith in your ability to correctly count copies of unverifiable Hebrew. Thereby making yourself god in place of God.

Can you give me a correct meter count of Psalm 12:6 and 7?

There have been different languages over the years in which God inpspired and reinspired his words, they have beeny ancient Hebrew (no longer spoken or written, and differs from that of Palestinian Hebrew spoken up to around 100AD, and different than today's Modern Hebrew which is not even much more than 100 years old if that), Chaldean (no longer spoken or written), Koine Greek (no longer spoken or written), Old Latin (no longer written or spoken), Latin of 295AD and after (only spoken by some in the RC church, language of the Latin Vulgate was based on old latin by Jerome around 405AD, and we have some words in medical terms, most of it is not known if correctly translated or spoken properly since the time of Jerome), and lastly the King's English of the early 1600's.

This is an important fact and you don't understand it or refuse too. We have none of the ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS IN ANY OF THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGES today. We have only copies of them in our possession at any university or museum on the planet. I have tired again and again offering any amount of money to get a facsimile of any Original autograph I have been told by the professors and curators that they only have copies of the original laaguages.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So if I learned the Latin in the Vulgate, wouldn't the Vulgate be just as strong as the AKJV?

What you refuse to understand is that the AKJV was translated from some of the very copies that you belittle. This idea that God somehow inspired the translators to fix any flaws in the copies is completely illogical. All that is required to believe that you are right is confidence in yourself. God has nothing to do with that part.

I have already shown in other threads where the AKJV has mistranslated the Masoretic text. At what point will you be willing to acknowledge that?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

First, it is the RC church that says the Latin Vulgate is an inspired in that Language in 405AD. But for sure no original Koine Greek existed by then only pieces of unverifiable copies.

No, because, how do you know the Latin Vulgate copy you have was translated from the Hebrew and Koine Greek copies correctly?

Now I can also say that for the AKJV just as you imply and you are correct, how do I know it is the preserved inspired language In English?

Answer, see previous post on why, when I gave you the eight reasons the AKJV is the preserved word of God taught me by no man but by the holy Ghost.

So who or what should we trust?

Man's words or God's Words?

This is the dilemma we face today.

At least the AKJV doesn't translate the Latin Vulgate word "Lucifer" as "oh shining one" or "oh day star" or "bright morning star' or morning star" or "oh shining Star" in Isa 14:12 as the YLT, WEB, ASV, BBE, MKJV,

Or the word "preacher" to teacher as the NIV does.

Or the word "Study" as "be diligent" or "do your upmost to show yourself true" or "let it be your care" or "earnestly study" in 2 Tim 2:15 as the NWT, NKJV, BBE, MKJV, Living Oracles and the TCNT.

Or the term "rightly divide" as "rightly handles", "properly handling", or"cutting in a straight line", or "correctly handles", or "rightly translates", or "giving the true word in the right way" or "cutting a straight path for the message of truth" or "accurate in delivering the message of truth" or "straightforward dealing with the word of truth" as the DBY, ASV, NIV, MNT, RSV, WEB, WNT and the TCNT

Or eliminates the terms "the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one" from the text of 1 John 5:7 as does the BBE, WEB, DBY, ASV as well as the NWT and others.

I have shown you at least 12 versions some eliminate words and change them, yet none of them agree with each other. But at least the AKJV has all the words, terms, sentences, verses, phrases and sections in it, in words that best represent the original languages. Well that last point will make it nine if added to the ones I gave you earlier.

If I had to choose I will take the one that has all the verses and words over those that don't.

Another thing I noticed that makes the AKJV different than all the other I quoted and you can add to this list, is that when the AKJV added any words to the text to make the English more understandable they Italicized the words that are added. They did so for accountability to men and to God for that which they added, because of the three curses presented in Duet, Psalms and Revelation about adding or taking away from the words in the Scriptures/Bible/the Book. Oh my, yet another reason to trust the AKJV as the preserved inspired word of God in English.

I don't hold anything against you for not agreeing with me, just as you don't me for not agr4eeing to your metering. We are all accountable to God on how we believe in his word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join