It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I presume this is the right place for this...

Me and a friend in my area (Pennsylvania) were riding fourwheelers outside his home about 40 miles north-west of Philly. It's pretty boony out there, but developing slowly. Anyway, we hopped on a trail through some woods neither of us have ridden before and after a mile or so came out to a corn field. This cornfield was absolutely -huge-. So huge that it was staggering at first. After a bit of examination, we both realized that we couldn't find a tree line, a road, or anything on the other end. The field went to the horizon.

So, he stayed where he was, and I rode out as far as I could go and still see him. The field kept on going, and I couldn't see any end to it this way either.

Just a little weirded out, we both rode back to the forest, through the trail, and back to his house.

A friend of mine flies small aircraft out of the local airport (Chester County, if you're curious.) He took his Cesna up in the air and flew around the area for me, looking for any cornfields. The weird thing wasn't what he found out about the cornfield, but the fact that the cornfield wasn't there. The path in the woods, as far as he can tell and by our descriptions, comes out into a development, as the woods are surrounded on all sides by houses.

Can someone please explain how we stumbled upon this seemingly never-ending field, what it might have been, etc?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Perhaps you want to retrace where you found the field and bring a camera to take pictures. Take several pictures of the field and the adjoining tree line where the field first starts. Then show the evidence to the pilot and ask him where is this? If this still sounds strange, maybe you can report it back here.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That sounds absolutely fascinating. I agree - try to visit the same palce again and report what you see. What a peculiar incident.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The most extreme thing I could imagine it being is that you some how, inadvertently, walked through a rip in our universinto another, or a worm-hole from here to a similiar planet, but I'm going to assume that you got the location wrong, since the chances of either of those happening is astronomical.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The location certainly wasn't wrong.

My friend has since moved away, and I only see him rarely. If I can get it running, I'll dig my old RX250 out of the garage and get back on that trail to see if I can get pictures.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If true it is a glitch in our system. I shall go fix and remove your memory of it.

Anyways, my belief is that we imitate ourselves and to the highest degree of imitation is video games. We are in a video game, though a very real one. who knowS? wE may be on some intergalatic television/streaming internet/or other advanced technology for entertainment. we create games but who is to say that our creations don't have some type of consciousness? We are the productive of creation, we create. God may be the product of another creation, and that creation may be the creation of another creation. Thus, creativity equals consciousness. Maybe we are the movers inside a computer's chip? You say, "LMAO!", and I say, "How would you ever know?".
Or maybe the world is a cell in someone's body and we are the cancer ruining the cell's because all the other world's have no cancer and when we begin spreading human's across the universe then we are spreading the cancer through the body. Just look at how we have used and abused earth, we are a cancer.

It's like if you edit a webpage, and you name an image jig.jpg, then post it on your site, then accidently change the picture's name, it erases the other image and puts a differ one on. Then you must change it back to the orginal.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Caldron of Hate]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caldron of Hate
If true it is a glitch in our system. I shall go fix and remove your memory of it.

Anyways, my belief is that we imitate ourselves and to the highest degree of imitation is video games. We are in a video game, though a very real one. who knowS? wE may be on some intergalatic television/streaming internet/or other advanced technology for entertainment. we create games but who is to say that our creations don't have some type of consciousness? We are the productive of creation, we create. God may be the product of another creation, and that creation may be the creation of another creation. Thus, creativity equals consciousness. Maybe we are the movers inside a computer's chip? You say, "LMAO!", and I say, "How would you ever know?".
Or maybe the world is a cell in someone's body and we are the cancer ruining the cell's because all the other world's have no cancer and when we begin spreading human's across the universe then we are spreading the cancer through the body. Just look at how we have used and abused earth, we are a cancer.

It's like if you edit a webpage, and you name an image jig.jpg, then post it on your site, then accidently change the picture's name, it erases the other image and puts a differ one on. Then you must change it back to the orginal.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Caldron of Hate]
Sounds like you watched the matrix one too many times.

top topics

join