It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke F-16 destroyed in emergency landing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: madmac5150

Hell, I have ones that have stuck with me from longer than that ago. They really do get into your brain and stick there though.

I cut my teeth on the F-4G... they were like old school muscle cars; each tail number had it's own personality. The last time I saw those aircraft, they were lined up on the Kolb Rd. fence line at AMARG. A few of those ended up in museums... the rest died as QF-4 target drones.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

One of the C-135s that I grew up around is in Tinker, but they took the HF antenna off the tail, so it looks weird as hell. The other one got chopped up. I occasionally see the B-1 that I got to sit in the right seat during an engine run on, when I stop near Dyess, and it's a busy day. I think most of the other birds I dealt with are still flying.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Like it was yesterday for some reason....MO 396 on a FB111-F....twas in 72 oh dang
edit on 24-4-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Like it was yesterday for some reason....MO 396 on a FB111-F....twas in 72 oh dang

We had an F-4G from George AFB that was co-deployed with us (Spangdahlem AB) in Saudi Arabia back in 1991. 69-260 was her tail number. We had one helluva time getting her AIM-7 missile launchers working properly. (AERO-7s). We finally got it fixed... she got buried in the sand at a very high rate of speed a few days later.

The pilots survived; 69-260 did not.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I don't remember the full tail number, but the 6594th Test Group had an HH-53, tail number 355. I went into the hangar and saw it during phase, and crawled through it.

A week or so later, it was smoking wreckage on the deck of a ship carrying rocket fuel. No survivors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join