It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Van Attack Suspect Likely Motivated by "Involuntary Celibacy"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Then you missed all the footage from 'The Battle of Berkeley' last year.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I didn't say incels were typically violent, I said their whole clique is a powder keg that just needs the right person to make it explode. Most of them are not stable individuals. It's an entire group of dissatisfied, unstable, military age men that hang around radicalizing each other, who want more out of life and believe society as a whole is to blame. That's a combination with the potential for a lot of bad things.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I didn't say incels were typically violent, I said their whole clique is a powder keg that just needs the right person to make it explode. Most of them are not stable individuals. It's an entire group of dissatisfied, unstable, military age men that hang around radicalizing each other, who want more out of life and believe society as a whole is to blame. That's a combination with the potential for a lot of bad things.

Well I dont disgaree that much.

I just dont think we need to go out of our way to monitor them, and there are those on the left that are just as bad.

Need I post videos of thousands screaming at the sky because trump won the election?

You think those people are any more stable?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
X88B88

In that case, I would suggest immediate psychological care, you may be a danger to yourself and others.

Obviously, I know (hope) you're joking but I seriously can't fathom why you would want to relate to a mass murderer, even in jest. Dudes a #ing whack job and I would be distancing myself from him and his ilk as much as possible. Especially on a public online forum.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

How does every conversation here turn into right vs. left on ATS now. It's kind of sad and limiting. There's no info I can find that says the driver in this incident was conservative or liberal or somewhere in the middle.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

How does every conversation here turn into right vs. left on ATS now. It's kind of sad and limiting. There's no info I can find that says the driver in this incident was conservative or liberal or somewhere in the middle.

Not sure.

I certainly didnt make it about right or left until I was criticizing a person who made it about that who said this.

This is what happens when the right tells men, they are losing their power in today's society. Pretty sure I read some threads on this topic and the right complaining about women, society and their inability to be "real men". LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes. Getting caught up in the moment doesn't classify someone as unstable. Emotions run hot when politics get involved, and for every winner, there's going to be an opposition faction or two that get pissed off.

Incels are part of something that's much more deeply woven into society than the politicians they like not being in charge.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Grambler

Wait... You think people lamenting the election of a candidate they despise is in any way similar to the behavior of the fringe group we are discussing?

Bro, you really need to look into these incel weirdos a little more. I don't think you have the information necessary to actually debate this.

Because, these kids ARE being recruited by far-right, white supremacist and Neo-Nazi organizations.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yes. Getting caught up in the moment doesn't classify someone as unstable. Emotions run hot when politics get involved, and for every winner, there's going to be an opposition faction or two that get pissed off.

Incels are part of something that's much more deeply woven into society than the politicians they like not being in charge.

I can post video after video after video of progressive people engagning in violence, screaming bloody murder, attempting to silence anyone with a dissenting point of view, etc.

No doubt you have seen this too.

These people are also unstavble, and as the mmultiple riots have shown, they too can be spurred to violence by a radical leader.

I am agreeing with you that anyone who engages in idenity politics and a victimhood narrative is more liklely to fall into using violence.

It seems you are pushing awfully hard to say somehow incels are worse, which I disagree with.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Grambler

They're definitely worse. The fact that you are arguing against this really does, in my point of view, expose your utter ignorance with regard to the incel community.

*shrug*

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Incels have risen partly due to what feminism and ultra-leftist culture has done to the dating scene.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Grambler

Wait... You think people lamenting the election of a candidate they despise is in any way similar to the behavior of the fringe group we are discussing?

Bro, you really need to look into these incel weirdos a little more. I don't think you have the information necessary to actually debate this.

Because, these kids ARE being recruited by far-right, white supremacist and Neo-Nazi organizations.

Ype the anti trump people are total;ly cool.

I can post dozens more, but you have seen them.

Can you post the incel riots you surely must be reffering too?

I mean they are such a massive problem and are worse than the anti trump riots, so surely you will have no problem posting them.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

But I do think that this is a potential "group" that could have some members become dangerous.

I think there is a need for a responsible mens right movemnet that seeks to have equality under the law, but I oppose the idea of collective victimhood from this group or any other.

This is one of the rare things we seem to agree on.

For anyone who doesn't understand what this subculture is like, pick a thread here and start reading www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill

These people are dangerous.

Now I will clarifiy that I dont think all or even most of them would become violent.

But when you start to hate the world because you feel it has wronged you and you are a victim, it makes violence seem like a more reasonable strategy.

Now you're getting to the real Democrat strategy. Gather up losers. Make angry. Use.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

But I do think that this is a potential "group" that could have some members become dangerous.

I think there is a need for a responsible mens right movemnet that seeks to have equality under the law, but I oppose the idea of collective victimhood from this group or any other.

This is one of the rare things we seem to agree on.

For anyone who doesn't understand what this subculture is like, pick a thread here and start reading www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill

These people are dangerous.

Now I will clarifiy that I dont think all or even most of them would become violent.

But when you start to hate the world because you feel it has wronged you and you are a victim, it makes violence seem like a more reasonable strategy.

Now you're getting to the real Democrat strategy. Gather up losers. Make angry. Use.

Shhhhh!!!!!!

Cant you read the thread?

Its only the incel community that is a danger!!!!!

Thats why we see them constantly rioting and shutting down speakers that disagree with them!

Just wait, Cagliostro is about to post video after video showing that!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Grambler

Look, I don't want to make this about Trump v Anti-Trump. This isn't about right v left or Antifa v Trumpers. It never was, so why do you keep pushing your partisan rhetoric?

YES FFS, ANTIFA are basically just a bunch of left leaning trust fund babies that want to play black bloc anarchist, they're LARPers at best and hoodlums at their worst.

Is that what you want to hear? I effing agree with you, ANTIFA,. Far left bozo's that want to push identity politics, I dislike them as much as the MAGA hat wearing good ol boy waving a Kekistan flag.

However, I could go dig up some articles detailing the work that WA anarchists ha e been doing to fix the roads.

It's all moot. Because relative morality is just a cruel joke being played on us by Eris herself. Deal with it.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Grambler

Look, I don't want to make this about Trump v Anti-Trump. This isn't about right v left or Antifa v Trumpers. It never was, so why do you keep pushing your partisan rhetoric?

YES FFS, ANTIFA are basically just a bunch of left leaning trust fund babies that want to play black bloc anarchist, they're LARPers at best and hoodlums at their worst.

Is that what you want to hear? I effing agree with you, ANTIFA,. Far left bozo's that want to push identity politics, I dislike them as much as the MAGA hat wearing good ol boy waving a Kekistan flag.

However, I could go dig up some articles detailing the work that WA anarchists ha e been doing to fix the roads.

It's all moot. Because relative morality is just a cruel joke being played on us by Eris herself. Deal with it.

Its not like I came in saying the ioncel community wasnt a possible danger.

You are the one calling for their monitoring saying they are worse.

So when asked to prove it, you back down.

Ok you were wrong, you have no proof.

No big deal, moving on.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Grambler

There you go making assumptions again. 👍

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Grambler

Haha, yup, you win man! Congrats on your victory! Hopefully you garnered some self esteem, you seem to need it more than I do

Furthermore, how do you propose I offer evidence for my personal opinions? I mean, hell, I literally wrote in my first post on this thread that this is just my opinion.

You're silly Grambler.
edit on Cpm6Tuesday3620180530Tue, 24 Apr 2018 18:36:05 -05002018 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Hollow Earth

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Grambler

Haha, yup, you win man! Congrats on your victory! Hopefully you garnered some self esteem, you seem to need it more than I do

Nah I win arguments all the time!

I was glad to help you point out the error of making claims which you have no evidence to back up though.

Just hit me up if you ever need any more advice on how not to look foolish!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Grambler

Thanks man! You're a real keyboard hero.

(And again, just for posterity sake, it was always just my opinion as expressly stated.)
edit on Cpm6Tuesday3820182930Tue, 24 Apr 2018 18:38:29 -05002018 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Black Knight Satellite

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join