It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Van Attack Suspect Likely Motivated by "Involuntary Celibacy"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
But I do think that this is a potential "group" that could have some members become dangerous.

I think there is a need for a responsible mens right movemnet that seeks to have equality under the law, but I oppose the idea of collective victimhood from this group or any other.

This is one of the rare things we seem to agree on.

For anyone who doesn't understand what this subculture is like, pick a thread here and start reading www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill

These people are dangerous.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Admittedly it's a group I know very little about. I just found out what "incel" meant like a week ago. I suppose this is the result of our consumer based society. He's a beta consumer: he can't get what he wants.

He's young, college educated, and not unfortunate looking or anything. Maybe his standards were too high. It seems if these guys would ratchet down their expectations a little they'd be happier.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

But I do think that this is a potential "group" that could have some members become dangerous.

I think there is a need for a responsible mens right movemnet that seeks to have equality under the law, but I oppose the idea of collective victimhood from this group or any other.

This is one of the rare things we seem to agree on.

For anyone who doesn't understand what this subculture is like, pick a thread here and start reading www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill

These people are dangerous.

Now I will clarifiy that I dont think all or even most of them would become violent.

But when you start to hate the world because you feel it has wronged you and you are a victim, it makes violence seem like a more reasonable strategy.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Thanks for shedding so much light on the group! Very interesting; and scary that this large of a subset feels the way they do.

I would agree it seems more like entitlement and narcisissm than just not having sex.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Now I will clarifiy that I dont think all or even most of them would become violent.

But when you start to hate the world because you feel it has wronged you and you are a victim, it makes violence seem like a more reasonable strategy.

It depends on leadership. Minus the religion component, this group basically matches the ISIS/Al Qaeda demographic. I don't think they're suddenly going to become a bunch of theocrats and fight in the name of God but I think something could motivate them to. It just takes the right person to come along with the right message to really weaponize it.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

My condolences to the families.
I'm beginning to wonder if this is
how the human race will meet it's
end. Bat shlt crazy one by one.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete
He's young, college educated, and not unfortunate looking or anything. Maybe his standards were too high. It seems if these guys would ratchet down their expectations a little they'd be happier.

Interstingly, most of this group is college educated. I think that's one of the problems actually. One of the economic contributors is that people took on a lot of debt only to wind up working dead end jobs, with no economic mobility in sight, no career, and bad living circumstances. The future that was promised to them was a lie.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Robot Hookers will save Mankind

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Nobody pointed out his nationality huh?

He's Armenian.

Look what happened in Armenia just hours before the van incident:

Armenian Prime Minister steps down amid massive protests

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is what happens when the right tells men, they are losing their power in today's society. Pretty sure I read some threads on this topic and the right complaining about women, society and their inability to be "real men". LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Wonder how many of them actually had fathers in their lives?

Young black men have gangs ... young white men go incel.
edit on 24-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
This is what happens when the right tells men, they are losing their power in today's society. Pretty sure I read some threads on this topic and the right complaining about women, society and their inability to be "real men". LOL

What a joke.

Then I assume you will be on every terrorist attack by muslims saying this is what happens when the left tells them that they are being treated unfairly.

Or anytime a woman committs a crime, or a minority, etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Lack of sex can make you do some crazy things.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Lack of sex can make you do some crazy things.

Should be no reason why he can't get it on though. There are always girls out there as desperate as these guys are.

Long and short of it is that at some point their upbringing failed them and that's why they are what they are now.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Who really cares what his intent or purpose was, what his motivation or reasoning was, his religion race or creed, he was caught red handed driving the van that murdered 10 innocent people.
We should save everyone a bunch of time, money and grief, take him out behind the police station, blow his brains out in the ally and toss his corpse in a dumpster where it belongs.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"In a Facebook posting made the same day as the attack, Minassian seemed to praise Elliot Rodger, the gunman who killed six people during a May 2014 shooting and stabbing spree in Isla Vista, Calif., near the campus of the University of California, Santa Barbara."

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Atsbhct

4chan is a dangerous collective of incels and Keklords just waiting for an excuse to kill or maim those they despise, particularly women, gays, trans individuals and Muslims. They're all absolutely insane and must be actively monitored to prevent tragedies like this from occurring.

At least that's my opinion.

*shrug*

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

i disagree.

How would this be any different than saying we need to monitor all far left outlets that advocate violence against right wing people?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Grambler

Because, heretofore, left leaning groups haven't committed murder with a vehicle. If you don't believe these incel Keklords are dangerous then you're either A) one of them yourself or B) talking out of your ass.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In Canada they say "Involuntary Celibacy". In America we say "I would not touch that with a ten foot pole"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join