It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allegedly weird events in Yellowstone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Now, in the second video he mentions an object at the left side of the video. I'm not sure if it's just lens flare or something... Maybe someone with more expertise could tell us?

I'm not a professional or anything but on the 2nd video it's obviously a lens flare, you can just forward a few seconds everytime and watch the entire shape of the flare moving.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You're right. Some park incident gets turned into a "UFO wet dream" because someone exploits the park incident footage by posting an additional lens flare video. Pretty obvious what this is, a mundane incident maybe some drunk guy has broken in and fallen over, park ranger comes out, helicopter comes out, and that's that on CCTV. Then someone decides to turn this into a "UFO" frenzy by uploading a second clip of probably just the moon or sun creating a small lens flare onto the webcam. Speed it all up so passing air traffic fools the foolable into thinking they're seeing more than they really are and budda-bing, allegedly weird events at Yellowstone: Teh deception!
edit on 24-4-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Seems to be emergency lights from emergency vehicles flashing on the fog. Someone seems to have gone out there at night an been injured.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Cuz Yellowstone will go nuts any of these days.

Tomorrow or in the next 100,000 years...not holding my breath though.

edit on 24-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Sheriff's Office IDs body found in Yellowstone River

Investigation continues into body discovered in Yellowstone River in Billings over weekend

Yup, pretty sure that's what happened on the first video. Ambulances came in, then the helicopter.

Now, in the second video he mentions an object at the left side of the video. I'm not sure if it's just lens flare or something... Maybe someone with more expertise could tell us?

The camera is pointing at the Old Faithful geyser, which is in the Wyoming portion of Yellowstone park. Billings Montana, where the person was found dead in the article referenced above, is roughly 250 miles from Old Faithful. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the two incidents are not related.

However, in the first video, it does appear that someone was injured and a helo was called in to extract them.

Not sure what's up with the second video.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Please don't be confused into thinking this camera is covering a remote wilderness area. Right behind the camera is a 700 ft long three story hotel. There are many cabins grouped around as well as Park buildings and housing for hundreds of park employees. There are roads and tons of people everywhere, the camera only records the geyser.

With that many people, cars, roads, stores etc etc in a small area it is pretty easy to assume what is recorded in the video is a normal emergency services response to an accident of some kind. The first vehicle is obviously (from the color of the flashing lights) an ambulance. The EMTs in the ambulance approach the injured person carrying a backboard. The injury was probably judged to be acute enough to require hospital care and since the nearest hospital is many miles away, a helicopter ambulance was called (Life Flight they are called around here).

I don't see anything mysterious or unusual.

Hope whoever it was is OK.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have been to Yellowstone 6 times in the past 12 years with some of those being for night sky photography.

Both webcams look to be Old Faithful.

Took me a second because the second could have been the one in Mammoth that faces away from the Ranger station but I dont see any of the other landmarks you would see on that one. Granted the second video is a bit hard to see since its at night.

Regardless of if the second one is at OF or Mammoth anyone that has been there at night knows how lights , from cars, and thus reflections can come seemingly from out of no where in reality they are driving one of the 8 roads in the park.

Additionally depending on time of year, weather, fire roads and access into the park can change or close with helicopters sometimes being the only way into a location. 4 trips back I watched an idiot person try and get close to a bison and they paid the price for that. As this took place out near Fishing Bridge we watched a helicopter fly in and pick the fool up near the lake after the rangers transported him there.

To me, this is what happens in a lot of UFO videos. People with no real knowledge of a place look at some video which is just a clip in time and try to create a story that matches their narrative.

edit on 24-4-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Most of the roads opened the 20th so it could have been an idiot tourist doing ???????

just say'n

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
lens flare and an normal emergency? nothingt to see here i think

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In the second vid, there's a light in the sky just behind the geyser at :50 that shoots to the right out of frame. Can't tell if it's a plane or helo, but I didn't see it in the sky before the geyser blew. And then it was just there.

The 'pillar of light' just looks like reflection on the camera lens to me. As the video goes on you can see it in front of the mountains. Just looks like condensation or fog on the lens.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
You're right. Some park incident gets turned into a "UFO wet dream" because someone exploits the park incident footage by posting an additional lens flare video. Pretty obvious what this is, a mundane incident maybe some drunk guy has broken in and fallen over, park ranger comes out, helicopter comes out, and that's that on CCTV. Then someone decides to turn this into a "UFO" frenzy by uploading a second clip of probably just the moon or sun creating a small lens flare onto the webcam. Speed it all up so passing air traffic fools the foolable into thinking they're seeing more than they really are and budda-bing, allegedly weird events at Yellowstone: Teh deception!

Well, the purpose of the thread was to find out what happened, and we did.

Nothing else to see here. Thanks for stopping by tho.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I haven't gone thru the replies, but what is happening is this:
EMTs seem to have responded to an emergency call of some sort. might have been a hiker that slipped and injured themself. The lens or cover over the cam is scratched all to hell, the bright light is a rescue helicopter called in to help the injured person, probably because injuries were too severe for wherever the EMTs were to take him by ambulance. Seeing how much snow there was on the walkway, it may have been faster to get him out than drive him out, too.

There's no mystery, UFOs, or anything unusual. That website is fulla brown, smelly stuff.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well did anyone take a close look at the clock, it's not a 25 fps movie it's a picture every few seconds it's probably the Moon of screen to the left causing the flare and it would be low down over the horizon at that time as it would be setting soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Wonder if it has to do with the following rescue, as that what this appears to be, a rescue.

MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS, WY – A 21-year-old man, Gervais Dylan Gatete from Raleigh, North Carolina, sustained severe burns after falling into a hot spring late on Tuesday, June 13. The incident occurred in the Lower Geyser Basin off of Fountain Flat Drive just north of the Old Faithful area. Mr. Gatete, currently an employee with Xanterra Parks and Resorts, was with seven other people when he fell.

After the incident, the group attempted to evacuate Mr. Gatete by car. Just before midnight, they flagged down a ranger near Seven Mile Bridge on the West Entrance Road. Park staff provided immediate medical assistance and transported the patient via ambulance to the airport in West Yellowstone. From there, he was flown to a hospital.

Source

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
If aliens were going to go to all the trouble to get here, from everything we know about biology here, they'd be here to take over.

And the perfect way to do it would be trigger Yellowstone to go hot caldera. Most the human population now dead. Come back in 10 years or whatever and easy peasy invasion. The remaining humans would probably be desperate for it by then.

Desperate for "god" to save them...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Wonder if it has to do with the following rescue, as that what this appears to be, a rescue.

MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS, WY – A 21-year-old man, Gervais Dylan Gatete from Raleigh, North Carolina, sustained severe burns after falling into a hot spring late on Tuesday, June 13. The incident occurred in the Lower Geyser Basin off of Fountain Flat Drive just north of the Old Faithful area. Mr. Gatete, currently an employee with Xanterra Parks and Resorts, was with seven other people when he fell.

After the incident, the group attempted to evacuate Mr. Gatete by car. Just before midnight, they flagged down a ranger near Seven Mile Bridge on the West Entrance Road. Park staff provided immediate medical assistance and transported the patient via ambulance to the airport in West Yellowstone. From there, he was flown to a hospital.

Source

You're kidding right? The videos are from April 21 2018, a few days ago. The article you posted is talking about something that happened in June of 2017!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

its a damn helicopter, nice try tho, cleverly edited, lost all credibility

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
you sped up that part of the footage and put it at the start, its a rescue helicopter, real footage is in the description im sure

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
literally debunked in 4 seconds

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Been there before, a majestic place. That said, debunked, nothing out if the ordinary.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join