It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK get ready, we are being lined up.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
No, you don't want to get rid of royalty, simply because of the tourist draw. They more than pay for themselves with that alone. England doesn't have much going for it other than the tourist industry. People travel to the UK to see the old houses now in the National Trust, since the owners were taxed out of them. Regarding being "set up" what do you think is going to happen? The Queen is old. She might live as long as the Queen Mother did, but that is statistically unlikely. OF COURSE Charles is next in line, unless he defers to his son. Even if he does not, he'll only have a few years on the throne. He's already nearly 70. This is not rocket science.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yeah.

I'll only really care who is king or queen if it's someone I know, personally - which it will never be.

I can't judge a person based on what the media tells me...and they're the only ones that seem to tell us much about them. Sure, i could reasearch but I can't change it.

Lizzie, Charlie, Cammy - they're each as good/bad as the other as far as I'm concerned.

Was disappointed in this thread. Title was vague, ambiguous, click-baitey and doesn't give you any info atl as to what the thread is actually about.

It should be a rule that the thread title should at least specify what the thread is about. Most people from th UK will click this and be like, yeah woteva bruv!

To me it often seems as though foreigners care more about the royal family than the natives here in the UK.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
But both the queen and Charles seem to be decent people. I mean they are Royalty, they are decent for people of prestige. Some of those high ranking people are jerks. It could be much worse than Charles.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

It should all end with Her Majesty, selfless life of service. Every last other moaning member of the rabble should shuffle off into oblivion.

Respect for HM in the UK is massive, The Prince of Wales not so much.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
How about getting rid of the monarch completely... That's a viable solution for the 21st century.

Yeah, it sounds like a good idea on paper, but in reality it'd be an extremely complicated process... Britain and the commonwealth countries would have to change their entire political system and how would you go about deciding what that political system should be? Or more importantly, who gets to decide?

Like Canada and Australia, their really doesn't seem to be much interest in becoming a republic... The majority of people don't seem to keen on having a president, which is basically just a king/queen who can only rule for 4 to 8 years... nor do people trust our political leaders to totally reconstruct our entire political system.

I think its more or less a case of: 'if it ain't broke, then why fix it?'

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
No, you don't want to get rid of royalty, simply because of the tourist draw. They more than pay for themselves with that alone. England doesn't have much going for it other than the tourist industry. People travel to the UK to see the old houses now in the National Trust, since the owners were taxed out of them. Regarding being "set up" what do you think is going to happen? The Queen is old. She might live as long as the Queen Mother did, but that is statistically unlikely. OF COURSE Charles is next in line, unless he defers to his son. Even if he does not, he'll only have a few years on the throne. He's already nearly 70. This is not rocket science.

They could be sharing out the roles that the Queen takes. Give everyone close to the throne some task or other. Charles gets the head of the Commonwealth and international work while the royal couple get to be King and Queen, and do the national work.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Even though this hasn't happened yet this is still kind of how they do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Did she step aside ?
My understanding is Charles will take over when the Queen either abdicates (unlikely) or dies.
I think the Queen and David Attenborough thing and other stuff was to celebrate her 92nd birthday.

I'm not a Royalist and would happily wave them farewell when the Queen dies but I think Charles would make a good King.

long live the Republic.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh dear, time for another ostentatious display of royal frippery!

At least it's not William and Kate, that would be just unbearable...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Give it time. I don't think Charles will last long.

I think eventually, Henry the bastard child will become King. I don't know where that will lead.

link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yea, London.

*Archer's voice*

link   
I have read enough history to learn that a good monarchy is good for that country, Look what happened to Russia and Germany after WW 1, look at modern presidential democracies, America for one no real ancher to the past, no continuity, just drifting in a sea uncertainly.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
She's no spring chicken so passing the baton down the line is probably a good idea so that Charles and co have an idea of whats expected of them.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Go check out the queens diamond, and egg, collections. Their land holdings. Etc. And you tell me.
Canada is a Crown Corporation . Maybe there will be a hostile take over by some other large Corporation and Canada will get liquidated . Oh the possibilities or maybe probabilities .

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

OF COURSE Charles is next in line, unless he defers to his son.

Or if he dies before the queen, that's also possible.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
WOW! a real Sherlock Holmes thread here!

Well done! Gold star for stating the obvious which has been all over the radio , world service etc for weeks!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: Bluntone22
£££££££. Need I say more. But Charles is totally different to the Queen. The Queen plays along with parliament but Charles is a different kettle of fish. Before he has been warned about overstepping his authority and if he becomes King he WILL try to exercise more power he hasn't got. It can lead to constitutional problems.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No, you don't want to get rid of royalty, simply because of the tourist draw...

That's a common excuse for our submission to their rule.

When the Queen steps down, let's remember what she did for we, her subjects..

Let's remember all of the unjustified, immoral and illegal wars she prevented. Let's remember all of the sexual abuse within the church she expelled. Let's remember all of the delightful garden parties.

Many tourist travel to Germany to visit the death camps. Hitler must be good for Germany.

Let's not forget the Swans. She owns all of the Swans. She owns an entire species which is perfectly reasonable.

Let's not forget satire.

God save the Queen.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Lined up for what? Strawberry waffles with
the Queen in the village square? Doesn't sound
that bad.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beyond Creation
Let's remember all of the unjustified, immoral and illegal wars she prevented.

Does she have any power to do that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join