It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Authorities Crack Down On Nazi Dogs And Angry Drivers While Forcing Parents To Watch Baby Die

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But did she actually get the chemo?!? I have no interest in making BS claims as you but it, I've seen you post in American centred threads telling British members that they can't see it from your point of view and should try and understand it more yet post on here without reading the full story, talk about kettles and pots!!

Yes. She didn't get a miraculous healing. She had 8 weeks of chemo (Rituxin and CHOP).

You have not seen me telling people they cannot have an opinion on US matters. I posted here seeing the story used in the OP, which is how things are done here.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No, it was decided not by doctors getting together but by Judges. In the High Court. So, no "death panel".

And no, that was not the basis of the decision. Try reading it.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

In the UK, PM's do not get voted in. I don't think this is the appropriate place for yet another discussion about Syria.

Don't ask me questions then

edit on -180002018-04-24T10:39:28-05:000000002830201828042018Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:39:28 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It wasnt first decided by a death panel, and then challenged in court?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

And now you know why the government there has taken the guns and is now even coming for their knives. This is the absolute control that they want.

I have just one question for our British members, do you really feel safer with a government that sees it within its power to remove your right to defend yourself, and then acts in this way?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Death panels?

FFS - get real, mate.

Did a panel of doctors get together and decide that alfies life is not worth trying to save, and that he shouldnt be allowed to be moved?

No, it was passed to a Judge to decide.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No, it was decided not by doctors getting together but by Judges. In the High Court. So, no "death panel".

And no, that was not the basis of the decision. Try reading it.

Yes a group of doctors decided that the child should be taken off of life support.

A judge agreed with that.

That is exactly what was referred to when people in the US were worried about death panels.

That government employees or doctors could decide to forcibly remove someone from life saving measures

What is even worse in this case is that the family actually has provided another source of treatment, but the government says they are not allowed to use it.

this is Orwellian.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

OK, I won't?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So then judge(s) are the 'death panel'.

How does it go to judges deciding the boys fate if not first decided by doctors and then challenged in court?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

A death sentence with no crime.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Not really meaning worth as a cash value but more is it worth it in a more social way to put the poor lad through a lot of pain as there has to be a point where its kinder to just let the chap pass on with some dignity.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No, it is the High Court which is not a "death panel".

Have you actually read the Judgment? Obviously not, judging by the nonsense you keep posting.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you read the Judgment you would find the answers that you seek.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Oh?

Was there a link posted to the document?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

First of all, I'm glad your mom is doing well.

You should try reading the story that Oldcarpy posted, it pretty much sums up American idea of healthcare.
I haven't seen you tell people not to have an opinion, but I have seen you tell people to get the whole story, or know there facts when posting about gun crime. You will post to defend your country when you fell it is being portrayed falsely as I am doing here, I have also worked in the NHS for a few years and fell Americans have a very blinkered opinion on what health care is and who is intituled to it.

edit on 24-4-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

you have to remember, i come from a culture that values individual rights. Society doesn't get to have rights.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

So, in cases where a decision has to be made in a sad case like this of a vegetative child who has no quality of life, no chance of improving and being kept alive on a ventilator who do you suggest should make that decision if not a Court of Law?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sounds like another Terri Schiavo case, then?

If so no thanks.

To me its cruelty keeping someone like that. ESPECIALLY when you bring news cameras in for those vultures to show the world you in that state.

In this case it would be the parents ordeal. When you put a hopeless cause like this on the public dime I see the whole concept of healthcare there come into question.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

You should try reading the story that Oldcarpy posted, it pretty much sums up American idea of healthcare.

Wasn't me, I think it was Alldaylong but yes, it should be read.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join