It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Authorities Crack Down On Nazi Dogs And Angry Drivers While Forcing Parents To Watch Baby Die

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: ScepticScot

US decisions made on financial grounds by insurance companies.

An estimated 45,000 people die each year in The U.S. because they have no money for health care.

Absolutely disgusting society to live in.

Various studies have looked at whether uninsured people have a higher risk of death. The most cited was published by the American Journal of Public Health in 2009 and found that nearly 45,000 Americans die each year as a direct result of being uninsured

www.theguardian.com...

Colour me cynical but I also suspect that if it had been a brain injury from a gun shot rather a degenerative condition then we wouldn't have seen half as many post from across the Atlantic.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

Well, we do have one of the absolute best health care systems in the world and it's free to boot.

Beat that!

as long as you aren't too sick...at which point you may be starved to death because some doctors believe its not worth feeding you anymore.

UK decisions on treatment made on medical grounds by doctors.

Think we will stick to our system thanks.

Uhh...no.

US decisions made by parents, so that each child has a champion fighting for him/her.

Not true in the US either. Children have rights outside of parental control. It's staggeringly ill informed to believe otherwise.

The key difference: in the US the courts would only step in if the parents are refusing to have their child treated. Courts do not force parents to let their children die.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, they are indeed open to discussion. But vitriolic attacks based on ignorance? No thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Well, we do have one of the absolute best health care systems in the world and it's free to boot.

Beat that!

as long as you aren't too sick...at which point you may be starved to death because some doctors believe its not worth feeding you anymore.

Uhh...no.

US decisions made by parents, so that each child has a champion fighting for him/her.

Not true in the US either. Children have rights outside of parental control. It's staggeringly ill informed to believe otherwise.

The key difference: in the US the courts would only step in if the parents are refusing to have their child treated. Courts do not force parents to let their children die.

So if a parent was insisting on treatment that had no hope of success and would cause pain to the child that would be OK?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

There is no alternative treatment. The options in Italy are the exact same as the options in the UK.

Thank you for your reply..... My reply would have been very similar to yours.

The only question is it in his interest to continue treatment or not. The courts after listening to the evidence of the multiple doctors who examined him, including doctors from the Italian hospital, concluded it wasn't.

Its been said SO MANY times on this thread.... "The courts after listening to the

evidence of the multiple doctors who have examined him. So I fail

to understand WHY the government keeps getting dragged in!!!???

But of course people reading about it online know better...

They always think they do.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Beat that!

Uhh...no.

So if a parent was insisting on treatment that had no hope of success and would cause pain to the child that would be OK?

are you telling me that feeding a child is "painful treatment"?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Yes, they are indeed open to discussion. But vitriolic attacks based on ignorance? No thanks.

Vitriolic attacks?

Report me then. There are none. Good lord man.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Perhaps your wife needs to research the actual facts and not stories?

No. We value life.

Could have fooled me !

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

When you attend a hospital in The U.K. the first thing they ask for is your National Insurance Number.

When you attend a hospital in The U.S. the first thing they ask for is your Credit Card details.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Lame tit for tat.

The reality: that article was written as a political hit piece. Before i buy any of the numbers reported id need to see the raw data myself.

That said: i don't think a single US citizen is happy about our healthcare. You sure as hell won't see the statists among us flock to defend it when its trying to kill a child. Im sure you have noticed that we all in the US are pretty pissed about it all around.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Perhaps your wife needs to research the actual facts and not stories?

No. We value life.

Could have fooled me !

Do you have any examples of my wife and I not valuing life?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

There is no alternative treatment. The options in Italy are the exact same as the options in the UK.

Thank you for your reply..... My reply would have been very similar to yours.

The only question is it in his interest to continue treatment or not. The courts after listening to the evidence of the multiple doctors who examined him, including doctors from the Italian hospital, concluded it wasn't.

Its been said SO MANY times on this thread.... "The courts after listening to the

evidence of the multiple doctors who have examined him. So I fail

to understand WHY the government keeps getting dragged in!!!???

But of course people reading about it online know better...

They always think they do.

I suspect there are three possible reasons for people to be against the decision.

1. The belief that life is should be preserved regardless of all else. Respectable position but in my view utterly wrong.

2. The belief that parental rights override anything else. Even more wrong.

3. Excuse to bash the UK health system. Really stupidly wrong as this isn't about the health system but about UK law.

I suppose there is option 4 which is just plain old fashioned stupidity.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Did I mention you personally?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Beat that!

Uhh...no.

It could be but actually I was just pointing out that you were wrong. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Did I mention you personally?

well...you were responding to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Being fed by a tube, or drip is not ideal. This poor kid is pretty much brain dead and suffering for constant bouts of severe epilepsy. He can neither see, hear, taste, smell. He has cognitive function. Medicine is keeping him alive, but only keeping the heart and the body alive. Very sad.
edit on 26/4/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I was referring to the posters attacking the NHS and Doctors on here, but if the cap fits....

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Well instead of complaining about The U.K. system, spend your energy on putting your own house in order first.

edit on 26-4-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Quoting the Daily Mail, eh? Welcome to the dark side.

You are right, of course. People who live in glass houses, etc.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Well instead of complaining about The U.K. system, spend your energy on putting your own house in order first.

?

Is that what discussion boards are about?

LOL, are you trying to gatekeep who is allowed an opinion here?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join