It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Justice Dept.’s attempts to influence investigations exposed in McCabe probe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Tucked inside the inspector general’s report on former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was the story of an August 2016 phone call from a high-ranking Justice Department official who Mr. McCabe thought was trying to shut down the FBI’s investigation into the Clinton Foundation while Hillary Clinton was running for president.

The official was “very pissed off” at the FBI, the report says, and demanded to know why the FBI was still pursuing the Clinton Foundation when the Justice Department considered the case dormant.

Former FBI officials said the fact that a call was made is even more stunning than its content.

Although the inspector general’s report did not identify the caller, former FBI and Justice Department officials said it was Matthew Axelrod, who was the principal associate deputy attorney general — the title the IG report did use.

Mr. McCabe thought the call was out of bounds.

He told the inspector general that during the Aug. 12, 2016, call the principal associate deputy attorney general expressed concerns about FBI agents taking overt steps in the Clinton Foundation investigation during the presidential campaign.

“According to McCabe, he pushed back, asking ‘are you telling me that I need to shut down a validly predicated investigation?’” the report said. “McCabe told us that the conversation was ‘very dramatic’ and he never had a similar confrontation like the PADAG call with a high-level department official in his entire FBI career.”

Ron Hosko, a former assistant director at the FBI, wondered if the call to Mr. McCabe was made because Justice Department officials believed he would be more sympathetic than the FBI’s New York field office, which was overseeing the Clinton Foundation investigation.

Those familiar with Justice Department operations said they don’t believe the principal associate deputy attorney general would have made the McCabe call without consulting with his supervisor, which would have been Ms. Yates.

“In my experience these calls are rarely made in a vacuum,” said Bradley Schlozman, who worked as counsel to the PADAG during the Bush administration. “The notion that the principle deputy would have made such a decision and issued a directive without the knowledge and consent of the deputy attorney general is highly unlikely.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

The rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Now we have the DOJ taking near unprecedented steps to control the FBI's investigation of the Clinton Foundation.

Even McCabe thought this call was out of bounds.

As the article says, it is highly unlikely Sally Yates would not have been aware of this call being made.

So a couple of points to make here.

First this shows Obamas doj once again to be the hyper partisan agency they were, as has been shown time and time again (holder being his wingman, Lynch meeting bill on the tarmac, etc.

This also shows that Comey, who was so disturbed by Trump that he felt the need to keep notes and send to his colleagues, once more was biased in not doing so with Lynch or Obama. Not only did Comey admit to being disturbed by Lynch telling him to call the investigation a matter, but he no doubt knew of Obamas doj, which was ran by Lynch, making this inappropriate calls to try to influence the fbi investigation into clinton foundation.

Lastly, for all of those that feel that Trump saying he wished Comey could let the flynn matter go is onstruction of justice, then this clearly also is. So I assume the same people that felt this way will now be clamoring for a special counsel to look in to Obamas doj and all of those connected, looking back decades into their finances, encouraging raids of their lawyers, etc. Not to mention this counselor should look into the clinton foundation with the same vigor seeing as how the DOJ tried to shut down that investigation.

This is the precedent that has been set, so I assume this matter of obstruction of justice will be dealt with in the same manner.

Oh no, sorry, only trump alleged crimes are worth investigating, I forgot.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The weaponization of our intelligence agencies has needed to exposed for decades, fortunately for us we have had the perfect blend of technological advancement and societal awareness due to leaks.

The time has come for the truth of the darkness at the core of our society to be exposed, this is a great continuation of exposure, but barely scratches the surface of what is to come!

Loving everything about this!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

The weaponization of our intelligence agencies has needed to exposed for decades, fortunately for us we have had the perfect blend of technological advancement and societal awareness due to leaks.

The time has come for the truth of the darkness at the core of our society to be exposed, this is a great continuation of exposure, but barely scratches the surface of what is to come!

Loving everything about this!

I have said again and again, if trump committed a crime, let him be held responsible for it.

But I believe that the weoponizaation of the intel community is a far bigger deal than Trump supposedly wroking with russia to steal the election. Trump will only be there 8 years at the most, the intel community is an unelected behometh with the power to not only take down any poltician they want, but see every detail of all of our lives, and even drive us to corrupt wars.

If they are politically weopinized as it appears to be, then this is a far bigger deal that could take decades to sort through.

So it is nice to see this corruption such as in the OP being shown to the public.

I am just waiting for all of the people celebrating any investigation of trump to come in on this thread and express their outrage at the Obama DOJ, and demand a special counsel to look at it.

They will be here any second...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I hope you're not holding your breath during the wait.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Well seeing how a little leaven leavens the whole lump the baker (Barry) would have been the one to have been in position watching this stuff happening . He would have been the guy with the whip .He was the expert on the constitution which was his main responsibility to protect and uphold . The buck stopped with him .

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Any second now. . . . .

I mean, who doesn't want equal justice, equal treatment under the law?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's as suspect as when Brennan let slip that the original docs the counterintel investigation into the Trump campaign was based on didn't come from any verified domestic source nor any of our foreign intel partners.

So what exactly did they base that counterintel investigation on? It starts to look like they investigated hoping they'd find a crime. And at that point, which is worse: The crime they may find -or- knowing they used illegal means to uncover that crime?
edit on 24-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If they can abuse the legal and justice systems with a sitting president, imagine what they could do the any of us who are nothing to them or nothing on the worlds stage.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

If they can abuse the legal and justice systems with a sitting president, imagine what they could do the any of us who are nothing to them or nothing on the worlds stage.

This is off topic,

But this is exactly why I dont trust them when they say they have proof assad gassed his people, but cant show it to us.

Or when they say they have proof russians hacked the dnc server, but cant show it to us.

And on and on.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The Clinton Foundation, despite what Hannity and trump would like you to believe, was being investigated LAST YEAR, the investigation has been going on for months and months.

Representatives for the foundation and Hillary Clinton strongly rejected the basis of the investigation, saying the Trump administration is abusing the Justice Department's powers to punish political enemies and to deflect from a separate probe into his campaign's ties to Russia during the 2016 campaign.

"It began with a long-debunked project spearheaded by Steve Bannon during the presidential campaign," Merrill continued. "It continues with (Attorney General) Jeff Sessions doing Trump’s bidding by heeding his calls to meddle with a department that is supposed to function independently."

The Washington Post reported that there is some skepticism inside both the Justice Department and the FBI that the case will lead to any charges.

www.usatoday.com...

I think much more will be found on trump than on Clinton.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

And on and on.
The western MSM has become the best source to know what not to believe .

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

What is the name of the special prosecutor that is investigating the Clinton Foundation (s)?
edit on b000000302018-04-24T08:56:05-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 24 Apr 2018 08:56:05 -0500800000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I really see the old, criminal element of our establishment crumbling. Agreed with previous posters that these are exciting times, and that the truth will always come to light! Interested in seeing what becomes of all this.

One thing everyone should consider is that there need be a strong and unified leadership and populace in place before this all goes down, or things will not be pretty.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Well seeing how a little leaven leavens the whole lump the baker (Barry) would have been the one to have been in position watching this stuff happening . He would have been the guy with the whip .He was the expert on the constitution which was his main responsibility to protect and uphold . The buck stopped with him .

That's exactly where the blame needs to be placed. All this pointing fingers at "Hillary! Hillary! Hillary!" is nothing more than an effort to protect Obama and his minions. Hillary did nothing alone. Hillary did not and does not have the power to make any of this happen. Hillary was never calling the shots.

All of this goes directly to Obama.

And while everyone is so focused on Hillary, no one is paying attention to Obama and his personal private army: Organizing for Action

Organizing for Action is a nonprofit 5014 organization and community organizing project that advocates for the agenda of former U.S. President Barack Obama.

And what have they been up to? Well, let's have a looksee:

OFA Action at March For Our Lives

And that's just a start... Hillary's done -- no matter what happens with these investigations! Team Obama is just warming up. They're the ones to worry about...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yes as the sgtory in the OP illsutrates, there was an investigation into the clinton foundation, and McCabe admits that Obama doj pressured him to drop it.

I guess you will just completely ignore that and smear me as listening to trump and hannity.

Just be honest; you dont care if the Obama doj pressured people to drop the case.

You just want to get trump, and are ok with the intel community acting out of politiccal bias, so long as they are targeting trump or helping his opponents.

Why else would you ignore the OP to make points about hannity?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The Clinton Foundation, despite what Hannity and trump would like you to believe, was being investigated LAST YEAR, the investigation has been going on for months and months.
So much so that there is a series looking into it on YT www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Might be a slight delay. I heard a rumor Trump had Russian dressing on his salad while dining with Macron last night and that has to be debated first. Priorities.

But it's OK. There's an indoctrination chamber waiting lounge one level further down the rabbit hole, just off to your left.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree with you.

I have been saying since Octorber of last year that Obama is the one ultimately most repsonisble.

Here is from a thread I did.

Thos I would contest that the person who should be held most accountable is Obama, because its his adminstartion the used the FBI as a weapon against his opponent.

The most guilt though lies with the sitting President Obama who used a dossier paid for by political rivals to get fisa warrants to survey his rival.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The fact is that alothough Hillary made have been shady, the biggest possible crimes and most worrying would be the misuse of the intel agencies. And who was in charge of those agencies?

Not Trump, not hillary, but Obama.

But no doubt he only read of what they were doing in the newspaper, like everyhing else in his adminstration.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Remember that story about Hillary saying something like " if that sob gets elected we are all going to fry"

I bet this is what she was referring too.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I agree with you.

I have been saying since Octorber of last year that Obama is the one ultimately most responsible.

Yes, you did... I saw that!

And I think more and more people are seeing it. I've been reluctant to give Team Trump too much credit. But it does seem that they are peeling back the many layers of the onion to get to the rot at the heart. They are not limiting themselves to investigating Hillary, but the many many folks in power behind Hillary...

I am cautiously optimistic that we might reap real fruit from their labors.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join