It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun almost setting around 12:45pm in late Feb or early March of this year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
So I didn't post this when this happened because I didn't really think about it b/c I was busy but this is what happened. I was in a room with a west facing window and noticed that the Sun was just above the top of the hill getting ready to set. I immediately started to wonder what time it was because I had just gotten done eating a late brunch from 11:30 to noon. A few minutes later I was in this room and noticed the sun shining right in my face and noticed that this was totally not normal. It was probably the first week of March as I remember telling my family that this was definately non normal b/c we were almost at the equinox in a few weeks.

I went outside and noticed that the sun was about 40 degrees west of due south and it was extremely low in the sky and just peaking up over the hill to the west. Now in winter, the sun sets at about the same spot at about 4:30-5pm and in the summer it is even further north to what I would guess is about 60 degrees near the solstice and the sun would set about 8:30 at that point over the hill, so it is about 30 mins ahead of what would be a flat horizon (due to the hill).

Well I called in my family and showed them, the response I got from one of them was that it was totally normal and I questioned that b/c I said that at noon, shouldn't the sun be at the apex (I guess maybe 1 o'clock with daylight savings). They did agree with that, but one explained it away with it being the "winter sun" but I said, it's almost spring and the equinox is weeks away. Some more explanations came that just made no sense (and this is from someone who I was supposed to always trust and believe growing up but things are WAY different now and these oddities I've been noticing for the last ~10 years are never acknowledged by him and the "reasons" are just ludicrous IMO). This same person has said that the trails behind plains have always been like this, never dissipating, while a plane coming directly behind it 2 mins later has no contrail, but, yeah, it's totally normal. Or the days when the sun was SO bright that even with really dark sun glasses on it was too bright and the sun was scorching hot like we had never seen, but "it's always been like this, and it must be me".

Luckily there is another member that has agreed with me about the oddities but i'm confused as to why one of them just seems to argue/deny about things that have changed or are totally abnormal, and yet extremely noticeable. What is also really strange is the person who is not admitting to these strange happenings is the exact person who would have been the first to point them out when I was younger and question it, so IDK what is going on (there seem to be quite a few other oddities with this person as well, things that I wouldn't think would change in a person after a certain age once philosophies have been established (say after 55-60 or so). I forget the movie where people are replaced with look-alikes who seem like the original person, but there are a lot of odd things that stand out, strange behaviors, mannerisms, speach, thought, etc. Maybe it was something about "pod people" but I'm sure there are alots of movies like this. Sometimes I just have to question WTF is really going on. Has anyone else ever noticed that their loved ones or those close to them are just not like they used to be, and not in a way that "aging" can really explain, or even traumatic events or anything other than a new personality?

So I've looked out this same window on other days since and the sun is no where near the same location. I just looked at the dates and it had to have been Feb 24/25 or maybe the 3rd or 4th of march, but I think it was last weekend of Feb b/c that is why he said "it was winter", but I pointed out not for much longer. IDK if that helps at all, but maybe this might trigger someone elses memory of that weekend and maybe they notices something odd as well.

What was strange is that I left the house not long after this and went home, not that far away, and for the rest of the day it was extremely overcast from what I remember, no sun visible but it was still light out like a normal heavily overcast day. I'll have to go check out the sun position in the next few days and see what it looks like now.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I'm not the best person to explain this but the sun is generally higher in the sky (more over head) in summer than it is in winter. Have a look at the following video at about the 3 min mark to see what I mean.

It sorta rainbows over the horizon in winter because of the angle of the Earth (winter is just the part of the planet you are on being tilted more away from the sun), instead of arcing right overhead.

I'm sure someone will come in here soon and show me I'm an idiot but I think I'm right lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well you observe something and see a change. In fact the whole of reality is changing not only the sun as you pointed out. Then you start to communicate which only leads for people of pointing out the obvious. which feels like communicating with NCP's. I call them the soulless in this reality which doesn't mean they are bad. They are just different.

If loved ones become like this it eats away the soul and eventually another soulless is born.

But as long as the still sun rises there is hope.
edit on 4242018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

No, you are correct. Where i am, the sun is lower in the sky in the winter and at the lowest on Dec 22. I know all about how the sun and moon moves, I've been watching closely for 15+ years, but have known how it moves since grade school. Believe me, this wasn't normal, the sun had set on that window by 1:15pm, which doesn't even happen on the shortest day of the year. On the shortest day of the year it would set in that spot at about 4-4:15 in that window. It is totally impossible for it to be lower in the sky at that time than it is on Dec 22.

I didn't just look through the window, I went outside and looked, took compass readings and verified location as per landmarks so I could later compare.

This isn't the first time the sun has done some strange things, I remember in nov of 2012 I didn't know if the sun was going to rise because it was 7:30 and it was still pitch black out. Then just this last November I was at the store at 6:58am (as per my receipt from checkout) and I asked everyone who was in line if they thought it was really dark out as it was dark as midnight, every parking lot light was on and it looked like it was 1am. There were 5 of us, including the cashier, and when I said something like "does anyone think it is extra dark out today for this time", and they all turned with a surprised look on their face and all said "yes!", then each mentioned strange things they experienced as to the dark drive to the store, the cashier replied that the sun is usually just cresting at this point and the buildings across the lot are visible (which they weren't now). When I was driving to the store that day, I remember thinking that it seemed like it was midnight it was so dark and I had been driving at that time every other day for a few weeks. It was most definitely odd and there were many people who noticed it. I thought it might have been extremely thick clouds, but the stars were visible and I could see Venus when I left the store, just coming up over the horizon.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I had an experience like this. One evening it got dark so much earlier than normal. I came to rationalize that it must have been much more cloudy that I remembered. Still though it just didn't seem right.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Well you observe something and see a change. In fact the whole of reality is changing not only the sun as you pointed out. Then you start to communicate which only leads for people of pointing out the obvious. which feels like communicating with NCP's. I call them the soulless in this reality which doesn't mean they are bad. They are just different.

If loved ones become like this it eats away the soul and eventually another soulless is born.

Oh, dear. I thought I was the only one who was thinking of them like this. I have honestly felt like I am trapped in some weird simulation- and have discounted it because... welllll... ya end up wondering how damn nuts you had to be to consider the notion, then another thing happens that just brings the whole thought right back into focus...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I had a moon "rise" experience similar recently. 1St. night.. Moon rose normally, large and about the center of my block to the east.

Next night it was exactly the same time, but moon was REALLY smaller and almost directly south. Why in one 24 hr. period did it move so drastically in size and location? (I know the earth moves and not the moon).

Curious to see what you find out about your experience!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Well, obviously the sun and moon are running amuck, and playing games with your head.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Hey, what is a NCP?

To tell you what is really strange about these people is that i used to hear stories when I was a kid from them and now all I hear is repeats, nothing new that I have never heard (well like 98% of the time). Once in a while the story is different by a slight amount, and they swear that this is the way that it always was told.

See the thing is, for some reason, I have a VERY uncanny ability to remember people, places, things and conversations. I used to be able to quote people from a conversation I had 5+ years ago and even longer if it held significance, was the cause of an argument or personal harm to me or others, and even just the smallest details about personal stories. For some reason I also remembered very trivial conversations (and often the weather, location, mood, time of day, who was there, etc), I often thought it was because they were lying to me, but maybe it was because I needed it in the future to tell when the other person's story had changed.

Many times, some of the family will have no memories of conversations or incidents which I could never forget and were at minimum dramatic, some abusive (physically and or emotionally and or psychologically - any or all) like arguments or fights, or when something truly unique happened like seeing the sky turn totally green, then deep purple, then pink, then a massive windstorm (down draft of wind like a sledgehammer) devestating much of the old trees on our property.

Also the only things that they seem to discuss are things that I have discussed in the past, stories (relating to the family), and shared experiences like vacations, but they seem like they are just agreeing with me, repeating what I had said in previous tellings of the story, and they very seldom interject ANY personal information about the vacation that I hadn't been witness to. To me it feels like an actor playing the role of the person in my memories, that they don't have them of themselves or something, but I'm sure that would be "crazy" now wouldn't it.

When people can't remember times when they caused severe pain to another family member (like breaking their fingers) and how/when/why/where it happened and how they felt when it happened, and their only memory is something like "oh yeah, I remember something like that maybe.." just seems odd especially when the person who did it & doesn't remember, was 12 at the time, and is extremely smart, gifted in MANY fields/skills/talents

On anther note, I just remembered my freshman dorm room # was 322 as well as fraternity "brother" number for local chapter and also had the 322 number associated with me at college, I forget, oh, monthly rent, and had to drive and work on rt 322, last 3 digits of phone # were 322 for one year, then another time 3212 for last 4 digits, first GF's room # was 322 when I met her sophomore year. I never picked any of these and they were all assigned to me. I wonder what the chances are of this.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
LOL so what are you saying the earths Orbit has changed ?
Because if it had we would know it as every volcano and fault line on the planet went off at once .
Even something as small as a 1% shift would cause havoc with weather and tides and every thing else .

Now on a note coral growth shows earth did experience a major Slow down around 50 - 75 k years agaio
and through out earths history it has happened Usually ending with a die off .
the only explanation is something BIG ( meteor or comet came very very close to earth causing a drag effect as the gravity field interreacted .

I assure you if we had been there we could not have missed the event of what would have been basically a roge planet coming by .

Anyway for now earth loses about 1 nano second of spin a year do to tidle effect of the sun and moon if nothing else flys through to slow the planet faster earth will become orbital locked in 4 or 5 billion years ( Like the moon is now one side facing the sun at all times .
But dont worry because by that time the sun its self will be a red giant and earth will be toasted . If not out right fried .

So be assured alest for now and the last 50 k years the sun has been setting at the points it now sets and will keep setting at these points for millions of years to come .
Really people have got to be so bored even coming up with stuff like this .

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It is because the time is going faster than it did before.

Several days pass in one and they just splice them together to form our reality.

No big deal i seen it before.

We just gotta steer out of the black hole.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Well here are my 2cents,

II can relate to what you say , having asperger syndrome I remember a lot of facts and details. At the same time I cannot always understand most behaviour of people nowadays. I see that people I love changed in the last 7 years. Maybe it's Wifi or maybe something else but it feels like they have lost part of their 'soul'. Being more agressive and rude at times.

To me it feels like an actor playing the role of the person in my memories, that they don't have them of themselves or something, but I'm sure that would be "crazy" now wouldn't it.

That's what I meant with NCP (Native Computer Program , from gamesimulations). For me it often feels like people react in a way that's artificial and also indepently the same. Like they were programmed. And after that the conversation goes back to everyday things. Like they don't care , and aren't curious. I remember a time when people were more curious , and wanted to 'know' things. Now it's just repeating facts from the internet or whatever. They just repeat what one is saying without power or enthousiasm...

322... (my opinion)

Well im not into numbers. But well I believe if reality is simulated it more or less is computer like. And as computers can't create true randomness (it's created by pseudorandomnumbergenerators) , it seems to me that there must be a hidden pattern in numbers. Sometimes 'the universe?' talks and well 322 might mean something very special that's creating a feedback loop into your reality. Eventually rendered out for your consciousness ...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Well for me it (reality) feels like a simulation , and it's my believe that we indeed life in a kind of simulation.
It's quite easy to dismiss this as some kind psychotic disorder. But it is as it is. Some people just don't act like they have a soul or even moral... Not that they are bad people but it's like they are not entirely here like part of them is else were consumed by whatever it may be. Maybe their consciousness is less than it used to be idk?

Something with time... people even small kids nowadays are amazed how fast time is speeding. Consciousness is related to percieving time , a lot people percieve time different than for instance 6 years ago ?

Well I can't prove anything , so on a personal level I've decided not to 'real' talk with people that act/feel like they have no soul. I leave it to the everyday life conversations and respect their state... it's a survival mechanism and a way to stay in focus nothing more.

edit on 4242018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dense clouds....

Notice I said clouds lol

Ok if you have a thick fog bank or low clouds they can block out enough of the sun that the street lights sensors will kick them on. Dust storms can do this as well to the point that it looks like night...

I am wondering do you not observer your world or are you very young? Do you honestly believe that the sun actually set before a time it normally would have and you alone experienced it or that a natural phenomenon like clouds (as you admit it was overcast) made it appear the sun disappeared.

It is posts like this that actually frighten me more than any other conspiracy! As ignorance and superstitious beliefs are starting to become more common than actual common sense. I mean no offense but it is utter nonsense to believe and by that you made a post believing something as common as the sun literally set and you were the only one who noticed...no scientist no amateur astronomers, no science teacher or weathermen you know the people who typically look at the skies just you...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
LOL so what are you saying the earths Orbit has changed ?
Because if it had we would know it as every volcano and fault line on the planet went off at once .
Even something as small as a 1% shift would cause havoc with weather and tides and every thing else .

Now on a note coral growth shows earth did experience a major Slow down around 50 - 75 k years agaio
and through out earths history it has happened Usually ending with a die off .
the only explanation is something BIG ( meteor or comet came very very close to earth causing a drag effect as the gravity field interreacted .

I assure you if we had been there we could not have missed the event of what would have been basically a roge planet coming by .

Anyway for now earth loses about 1 nano second of spin a year do to tidle effect of the sun and moon if nothing else flys through to slow the planet faster earth will become orbital locked in 4 or 5 billion years ( Like the moon is now one side facing the sun at all times .
But dont worry because by that time the sun its self will be a red giant and earth will be toasted . If not out right fried .

So be assured alest for now and the last 50 k years the sun has been setting at the points it now sets and will keep setting at these points for millions of years to come .
Really people have got to be so bored even coming up with stuff like this .

The Swarm Satellites are indicating a jet stream in the earths outer molten core and that it is quickly speeding up.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A lot of people have been posting things on Youtube about "Sun Simulators." Something seems to be askew, that's for sure.

It was last summer when I spotted a super luminous something that was partially wrapped within a cloud...It wasn't the Sun, as the Sun was plainly visible as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Last year I could see the moon in the sky at around 13:00 pm. That was weird enough... it became weirder when I realised that there must have been a moon to see too...at the other side of the planet where it is night time. How can the moon be at two places on the same "time"? I am not a flat earther but somehow it is one giant puzzle which is presented us false when we were young in school..and later i life. Something is wrong with the picture we have all accepted as being the truth. Maybe this jive with the moonlandings have something to do with it.. you know.. there is no picture of Earth from space...not even the space station can give us a true picture of the Moon...or the Earth. WTF is going on..?

Zat

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

When we see the moon in the daytime, it's because moonrise is almost an hour later every night, than the night before.

Therefore, daytime moons sometimes.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

No, you are correct. Where i am, the sun is lower in the sky in the winter and at the lowest on Dec 22. I know all about how the sun and moon moves, I've been watching closely for 15+ years, but have known how it moves since grade school. Believe me, this wasn't normal, the sun had set on that window by 1:15pm, which doesn't even happen on the shortest day of the year. On the shortest day of the year it would set in that spot at about 4-4:15 in that window. It is totally impossible for it to be lower in the sky at that time than it is on Dec 22.

I didn't just look through the window, I went outside and looked, took compass readings and verified location as per landmarks so I could later compare.

This isn't the first time the sun has done some strange things, I remember in nov of 2012 I didn't know if the sun was going to rise because it was 7:30 and it was still pitch black out. Then just this last November I was at the store at 6:58am (as per my receipt from checkout) and I asked everyone who was in line if they thought it was really dark out as it was dark as midnight, every parking lot light was on and it looked like it was 1am. There were 5 of us, including the cashier, and when I said something like "does anyone think it is extra dark out today for this time", and they all turned with a surprised look on their face and all said "yes!", then each mentioned strange things they experienced as to the dark drive to the store, the cashier replied that the sun is usually just cresting at this point and the buildings across the lot are visible (which they weren't now). When I was driving to the store that day, I remember thinking that it seemed like it was midnight it was so dark and I had been driving at that time every other day for a few weeks. It was most definitely odd and there were many people who noticed it. I thought it might have been extremely thick clouds, but the stars were visible and I could see Venus when I left the store, just coming up over the horizon.

Did you happen to take any pictures of this? Seems today in 2018 that would be the norm.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

On anther note, I just remembered my freshman dorm room # was 322 as well as fraternity "brother" number for local chapter and also had the 322 number associated with me at college, I forget, oh, monthly rent, and had to drive and work on rt 322, last 3 digits of phone # were 322 for one year, then another time 3212 for last 4 digits, first GF's room # was 322 when I met her sophomore year. I never picked any of these and they were all assigned to me. I wonder what the chances are of this.

That is what our brains do...out of millions of random events our brains can connect and group these random events as your example above.

This always reminds me of the movie The Number 23 where a brain goes haywire in being stuck in connecting everything and anything with the number 23.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join