It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Tax Cut Lies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Dfairlite

The biggest share doesn't go to the rich, thus it isn't a cut "for them"?

Impressive reasoning going on there. Really great to have you guys on board! Someone has to crawl into The Leaders ass for pimping up the oligarchy, right?

If you read the entire CBO report you would known that the tax cuts will not indebt us further but will pay for themselves within 10 yrs.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

So since the rich get a tax cut I should be against my own tax cut? Why should I give my Incompetent government more of my hard earned money?

Let me get this straight. The gubmint doesn't get a thing, what about banning schools for good to get things over with? You don't need an education to earn your money the hard way, or do you?

Now back to the point I was making: a tax-cut for the rich could've been one for the poor instead. You get that, right? I mean... 100K a year don't make much of a difference when you really are rich enough already.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

The poor don't pay income taxes, so no they couldn't get a tax cut. While the mitt romney quote may have been politically incorrect, it was a factual statistic. Something like 43% of the country doesn't pay a dime in federal income taxes and a good portion of them get cash back (in the form of earned income credit or child tax credits) from the other 57% who do pay income taxes.
edit on 25-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Income taxes are the only thing you wanna talk about? And what about sales taxes, fuel taxes, Social Security and Medicare taxes?

So yeah. They could get lotta tax cuts if someone would be willing to do so. How's Trumps "free healthcare for everyone" doing so far, btw?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Income taxes are the only thing you wanna talk about?

Well, since that's what this thread is about....

But I'll entertain your ridiculous ideas. How do you target the poor with fuel tax cuts?
There is no national sales tax so again, no it couldn't have been such a tax cut.
You want to cut social security and medicare taxes? That's a big no-no, that's the end of social security/medicare, which I'd be all for under the right circumstances.

How's Trumps "free healthcare for everyone" doing so far, btw?

He never said such a thing. He did say he wanted a plan that would make healthcare affordable for everyone. I want that too, but it's not realistic. However, you ought to take a look at the democrat platform for the midterms, they're santa clause! Everything will be free!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

So you can't fathom how a lower tax (on fuel, social services or whatnot) would benefit the poor? Bummer.

He did say he wanted a plan that would make healthcare affordable for everyone. I want that too, but it's not realistic.

Not when you're busy playing Mr. Presents for the oligarchy. No, of course not.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

So you can't fathom how a lower tax (on fuel, social services or whatnot) would benefit the poor? Bummer.

But the rich would benefit, especially billion dollar businesses and the trucking industry, so it would be evil, right?

Not when you're busy playing Mr. Presents for the oligarchy. No, of course not.

Lol, you really don't have anything useful or constructive to say, do you?
edit on 25-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

That really depends on how useless a thread on income taxes, and income taxes alone, would be. Wouldn't it?

But the rich would benefit, especially billion dollar businesses and the trucking industry, so it would be evil, right?

Wait! That's how the constructive types reply to comments in their threads, amirite? Good to know!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: JDmOKI

So since the rich get a tax cut I should be against my own tax cut? Why should I give my Incompetent government more of my hard earned money?

Let me get this straight. The gubmint doesn't get a thing, what about banning schools for good to get things over with? You don't need an education to earn your money the hard way, or do you?

Now back to the point I was making: a tax-cut for the rich could've been one for the poor instead. You get that, right? I mean... 100K a year don't make much of a difference when you really are rich enough already.

Um I'm not against taxes..... I actually support a flat tax. You get that, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Each tax bracket saves anywhere from 2-3%, with the exception of the "Uber" (but not "Super") rich, only saving 0.5%.

While the rich save the most dollars, everyone saves a similar percentage. Because that's how tax laws work. Based on percentages.

#math

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Income taxes are the only thing you wanna talk about?

Well, since that's what this thread is about....

But I'll entertain your ridiculous ideas. How do you target the poor with fuel tax cuts?
There is no national sales tax so again, no it couldn't have been such a tax cut.
You want to cut social security and medicare taxes? That's a big no-no, that's the end of social security/medicare, which I'd be all for under the right circumstances.

How's Trumps "free healthcare for everyone" doing so far, btw?

He never said such a thing. He did say he wanted a plan that would make healthcare affordable for everyone. I want that too, but it's not realistic. However, you ought to take a look at the democrat platform for the midterms, they're santa clause! Everything will be free!

It's doable if we really want it. The money has to come from other Govt Departments or via dedicated revenue streams that are earmarked for it. So far both party's lack the will.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join