It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Alfie given Italian citizenship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's more breaking news but the Brits won't give him up to try to save his life.

Maybe this should be in med conspiracy forum?

WTF is up with them?!!!

They just want this baby to die, I guess.

How's that death panel socialized free healthcare working out for the lower class?

I think it's disgusting and only the lefty progs should be on it.

That was harsh. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Alfie Evans family fight with police inside hospital

Around 200 people are currently protesting outside the Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.

Crowds gathered after European human rights judges rejected a plea to intervene from his parents.

The 23-month-old boy has been at the centre of two rounds of a life-support treatment fight.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The kids brain is pretty toast, he will never have a life where he can do much. I cannot see keeping him alive anymore. It is sad but if every kid with a major problem were to be kept going, the only ones benefiting are the medical professionals.

These people should have another kid, one that doesn't have a major health problem. Let the poor kid move on. What kind of life will this kid have, the parents will be so consumed with taking care of him that they won't have time or money to have normal kids.

I feel sorry for the parents but at the same time, not all babies can survive. Let the kid go to a better place instead of making it keep suffering. I hope these people have some normal kids to bring up.

I know a few different people who have kids that have major problems. One kid just died, the parents lives were ruined, he had a good job and his wife did too. They both had to quit and blew all their money on their kid that died anyway. I don't know what I would do if I had a kid that bad, they tried hard to provide for their kid, but it ruined their future. They are hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt now and probably can't afford to have another kid. The father had to go work close to the children's hospital but his job now keeps him far away from his family. They are nice people, I hope he can get his job back around here again.

These people protesting should stop, I bet they would not want to take care of a kid like that for many years.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
We need Quantum computing. It could help people like this individual actually lead a life like the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
A parents love should be unconditional, unfortunately these two are caught up in a media frenzy and have now gone too far to rationalise anything properly now. Sometimes it's too much to simply let go. For some it may be an easy (?) call but for others not, this only serves to highlight what 'experts' can call a useful existence and a parent may call the last chance to keep their offspring alive. I don't hold out hope personally, sometimes it's hard to uphold the analogy with a pet but it's there nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The kid is probably toast, but they had an air ambulance, and a hospital and doctors willing to continue treatment, so why block the transport.

Instead they insist on telling the parents let us pull the plug on your kid, I read last time this kids name came up that they didn't want to let the kid go because transport might kill him.

Well fine, your going to pull the plug anyways let the parents at least have this last moment with the kid trying to do everything possible to save him rather than tell them tough this is it.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
All they are doing is giving the parents false hope.
It is a great Shane but they have to let go.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
A parents love should be unconditional,

Mostly it is.

Unfortunately these two are caught up in a media frenzy and have now gone too far to rationalise anything properly now. Sometimes it's too much to simply let go. For some it may be an easy (?) call but for others not, this only serves to highlight what 'experts' can call a useful existence and a parent may call the last chance to keep their offspring alive. I don't hold out hope personally, sometimes it's hard to uphold the analogy with a pet but it's there nonetheless.

A parents love is unconditional..... but are they keeping him alive for his

own sake? because he has no quality of life, sometimes a love is tested as

in this case harder to 'love enough' to let him go.

And before anyone calls me callous I have been in a similar situation sixty

years ago when I lost my first born .... it still hurts.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
We had a very similar case here in the UK with Charlie Gard and his parents. It must be a hard decision for parents to make but surely there comes a point when a childs quality of life will be so severely affected the decision must be taken for them if they cannot come to terms with it.
In a way I think as a parent who is struggling to make that choice, to then have that choice taken away from them, you know you did all you could for your child and the final decision was out of your hands. So maybe the state is taking some of that emotional guilt away from the parents.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Yeah just give up.

Shoot him.

Bada boom, done.

Blocking treatment and killing the kid is what is in store for NHS proponents.

"No doubt about it, that leg has to come off!"

"I was shot in the arm!"

Kid dies when the parents bring him out and face murder charges, kid dies in hospital and it's sad.

Let it go? Seriously?!

There would be openings in the pediatric dept if he were my son.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bilbous
We had a very similar case here in the UK with Charlie Gard and his parents. It must be a hard decision for parents to make but surely there comes a point when a childs quality of life will be so severely affected the decision must be taken for them if they cannot come to terms with it.
In a way I think as a parent who is struggling to make that choice, to then have that choice taken away from them, you know you did all you could for your child and the final decision was out of your hands. So maybe the state is taking some of that emotional guilt away from the parents.

Yeah they know what you need.

Trust them. Give them full control over you and your family's life choices guilt free!!

Like north korea!

Sounds awesome.

edit on 4 24 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

There is no treatment that is currently known of he has been in that condition

for two years..... he is on 'life support' which means he cannot survive without

the 'machines'

If only that was all it took

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This has gone through all the courts and even the Supreme Court justices and European Court of Human Rights judges refused to intervene. Why do you think they have refused to intervene?
Medical evidence has shown that further treatment is futile. How far do they have to go before it is acceptable?
If there was anything in this there would be a hell of a lot more than 200 people protesting outside the hospital.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

for two years..... he is on 'life support' which means he cannot survive without

the 'machines'

Sure you as the parent would believe them?

They can't take him out of hospital until he's dead!

Now the govt can tell u where you can die?

Die in a #in hospital. It's better.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
UPDATE
Life support has been switched off. The child is on oxygen only
He has been given Italian citizenship so he can go to a Hospital close to the Vatican, however the journey would probably kill him anyway.
He has a degenerative brain disease i.e. he will not get better
There is no treatment or cure
Which is worse? Letting him die naturally at birth or keeping him artificially alive not for his sake but the sake of the parents?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

the 'machines'

Let him go!

Nothing you can do about it, let him go home or hands off!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
UPDATE
Life support has been switched off. The child is on oxygen only
He has been given Italian citizenship so he can go to a Hospital close to the Vatican, however the journey would probably kill him anyway.
He has a degenerative brain disease i.e. he will not get better
There is no treatment or cure
Which is worse? Letting him die naturally at birth or keeping him artificially alive not for his sake but the sake of the parents?

Never stopped the left.

Well we all hope he dies quickly.

Right?

edit on 4 24 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ive seen my 5’3 50kg Mum ready to tear a 6’4 150kg man to pieces for insulting my younger sister.
When it’s comes to their children most parents aren’t rational, their child’s life and wellbeing becomes almost their sole reason for existing, this is biologically hardwired into us and I can’t fault the parents for doing everything they possibly can to keep their child alive.

The articles linked are very vague, I have no idea what this child has but from the sound of it it’s pretty severe.
If the parents are wanting to move him so he can simply stay on life support then someone needs to take the decision away from them and end this child’s life

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bilbous
This has gone through all the courts and even the Supreme Court justices and European Court of Human Rights judges refused to intervene. Why do you think they have refused to intervene?
Medical evidence has shown that further treatment is futile. How far do they have to go before it is acceptable?
If there was anything in this there would be a hell of a lot more than 200 people protesting outside the hospital.

So they tell ya.

So why keep him there?!!

Let him go home with the parents.

or wherever.

It's not an abortion.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Ive seen my 5’3 50kg Mum ready to tear a 6’4 150kg man to pieces for insulting my younger sister.
When it’s comes to their children most parents aren’t rational, their child’s life and wellbeing becomes almost their sole reason for existing, this is biologically hardwired into us and I can’t fault the parents for doing everything they possibly can to keep their child alive.

The articles linked are very vague, I have no idea what this child has but from the sound of it it’s pretty severe.
If the parents are wanting to move him so he can simply stay on life support then someone needs to take the decision away from them and end this child’s life

It's about who has life and death decisions. Parents or the state?

A pillow or a sharp blow to the occipital lobe with a tire iron will suffice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join