It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible coup in Saudi Arabia not a drone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It seems that their might be some problems in Saudi Arabia which our highly propagandized News sources are not reporting, if so,
with them joining Israel as one of the bulwarks in the Syrian crisis this would not be the time for an attempted coup, or an Arab Spring in the repressive Kingdom.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Might be the Alaweed private army.

šŸ˜

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Honestly it looks like early 2010's Bahrain civil unrest?? I would believe with what Saudi to is permitted to do abroad an escalation such as presented in the video would have a strict and Swift repercussions. The video would have been confiscated as well. Kingdom administrator lies as standard policy

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
It seems that their might be some problems in Saudi Arabia.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Nobody that watched the video

and heard the shots ever believed that they were shooting at a drone.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Another video claiming 6 troops of the King's personal guard have been killed and the National Guard Commander in Riyadh is also claimed to be a causality. youtu.be...

Edit to add: With the changes the present King has been making plus the arrest and shake down of other Princes a few months ago this was kinda predictable. I am surprised a civil war did not start over letting women drive...much less opening a movie theater... The religious police and their leadership is a very strong faction also... So the King has pissed off enough people who will seek his ouster IMO.

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
WWE has the ā€œGreatest Royal Rumbleā€ event in Saudi Arabia on Friday. (Livestream starts, I hear, at 12:00, noon, east coast time.)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The situation with crown prince Salman is a perfect example of the reality that life is not black and white.

Hereā€™s a guy doing terrible things in Yemen and Syria, yet his attempt to change Saudiā€™s crazy Wahhabism is noble and very courageous.

There is no doubt that sooner or later some fanatics will try to attack him for what he is doing regarding religious reform.

So overall, if he had made a pact with the Shias rather than warring on them in Syria and Yemen he might have come out better with them as allies if he intended to reform Saudi Wahhabism.

Therefore one can conclude that although his attempt at reform is noble and brave, he hasn't really thought this out too well.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There's a major misunderstanding with your suggestion. He's not reforming Wahhabism; he's lessening the grip in Saudi Arabia of a specific extreme branch of Wahhabism.

The House of Saud's been allied with Wahhabism since the 1700s. But it was only after the fake Madhi's 1979 armed occupation of the Grand Mosque in Mecca that this specific branch of Wahhabism gained its current power throughout Saudi Arabia's circles of influence. The Saudi govt started appeasing them w/more ultra strict religious measures ever since. The Crown Prince has even referred to this on several occasions, including the following from just this month:

ā€œBefore 1979 there were societal guardianship customs, but no guardianship laws in Saudi Arabia,ā€ he said, referring to a hinge year in Saudi history, in which the Iranian revolution, as well as an extremist Sunni siege of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, caused a conservative backlash in the kingdom. ā€œIt doesnā€™t go back to the time of the Prophet Muhammad. In the 1960s women didnā€™t travel with male guardians. But it happens now, and we want to move on it and figure out a way to treat this that doesnā€™t harm families and doesnā€™t harm the culture.ā€

Saudi Crown Prince: Iran's Supreme Leader 'Makes Hitler Look Good'

From my understanding, the Saudi Arabian govt has been both suppressing and redirecting those extremists towards external conflicts. And of course, there have been powerbrokers there who sympathize with them, control some of them, and/or use them as proxy soldiers. ETA: However, there have always been others in both the govt and in the House of Saud who were weary of that branch, which is why I think they rejected Bin Laden's offer to have his soldiers protect Saudi Arabia from Saddam and instead chose the West's troops in what we call Operation Desert Storm.

Either way, my point is that I'm firmly convinced that the Crown Prince and Saudi Arabia will still be Wahhabi dominated. That explains his continued hatred of Shiites and his moves to attack Iran's allies in the region, including the Houthis in Yemen, Assad in Syria, and his abduction of Lebanon's leader Hariri late last year because Hariri had allowed the Shiite group Hezbollah to be a part of his unity government. But at least he's trying to revert Saudi Arabia back to the more moderate form of Wahhabism that it had before 1979, which explains the "progress" we're seeing there (I put it in quotations because it's not really progress, it's just reverting back to what it previously was).
edit on 24-4-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join