It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Waffle House Deaths More Important?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Answer: I don't know.

I checked a gun violence website to see if it was the only show in town this last week. Nope. Business as usual. See for yourself:

www.gunviolencearchive.org...

So why is my FB feed, the news, etc. plastered with Waffle House? What made these victims different than victims of the other 22 fatal shootings ON THE SAME DAY? I feel those deaths are just as tragic but apparently I am alone in the wilderness on that? One could almost become conspiratorial on the matter.

On my FB feed, for instance, I understand some of my friends. They are members of The Holy Knighted Order of the High Horse. They ride in anytime the Nobel Signal of Virtue tolls on secret social media channels. Bring the gospel to the heathens! Even mentioning the other 22 events is grounds for burning at the stake. If there is any worthy cause so deemed by the Holiest of the Holy, they will march. Kinda' like a cult.

Young men in urban areas getting killed by other young men in urban areas is about the least worthy. It is on par with young rural males committing suicide with a gun. These two categories make up the vast majority of gun deaths in America but no marching orders. Their lives hold no virtue I guess.

On the other end of the spectrum, we immediately go to DEFCON 5 if an upscale group of white kids gets shot by another upscale white kid. Preferably in a school or church, with an AR-15, and maybe some Nazi-esque threads to the story. No sleep for Our Mighty Knights tonight.

In the Waffle House case, we are missing some elements. Not a school or church, so maybe DEFCON 4? The victims were not upscale white kids but an AR-15 was used. I guess those two cancel each other out. Still enough of a threat to burn the NRA HQ down and trot off anybody not living within a 5 miles radius of a Starbucks. 10 miles radius if you drive a Subaru.

Had those folks in Waffle House been shot by AR-15 wielding Cops wearing MAGA hats while waving their NRA membership cards around, the Rapture would immediately be triggered. No news would ever again be worthy of caressing the ears of Americans. Now those would be some important victims.

So what am I missing? Is honest data analysis of the socio-economic factors of violence a bad thing? Are complex, multifaceted issues really that scary? Or am I simply a knuckle dragging troglodyte? A heathen of the lowest order.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

They are members of The Holy Knighted Order of the High Horse. They ride in anytime the Nobel Signal of Virtue tolls on secret social media channels. Bring the gospel to the heathens! Even mentioning the other 22 events is grounds for burning at the stake. If there is any worthy cause so deemed by the Holiest of the Holy, they will march. Kinda' like a cult.

This is glorious!
I salute you oh mighty wordsmith!

As to your question?

Those deaths don't count, they're expected and accepted because they're mostly nameless faceless thugs and the leftist elite can't identify with them.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Toronto seems to be getting quite a bit of coverage today. Why are the Toronto deaths more important?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The suspect got away. Not the main reason, but yes, alerting people to the fact someone who just murdered several people is on the loose is usually a good reason to spread the news.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You're comparing senseless and unprovoked attacks with possible gang violence and suicide and accidental gun discharge?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So what am I missing?

Great post , and something I have been saying from the start (you just stated it better)

But you are missing the understanding of the Defense Conditions ? (you have it backwards)
There is a reason I noticed that , so do not berate me.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

It drives me bonkers how the media fixates on some of these cases. Though socio-economic factors may play a role it does not necessarily change one's virtue. Have you ever said something like "if you tell mom I will kill you," jokingly? You would never follow through of course but that's not because you are rich or poor -- you were raised better. This is not to say a man has never committed a crime to provide food and shelter for his family. Senseless violence is committed by morally bankrupt people regardless of their socio-economic class.

That's just one man's opinion. Great topic.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

No.

I am wondering why some deaths garner an inordinate amount of media attention while most deaths do not.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

Perhaps, but does it deserve national attention?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I do not know. Maybe Toronto doesn't count? Maybe the Leafs in the playoff's?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

Agreed. If there is a danger to the community, why not?

In a number of those other 22 case, the shooter was still at large. Those communities do not rate a warning?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Answer: Politics and political points.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Two reasons:

1. Agenda Friendly - There is an agenda being pushed by the progressive factions with the support of the media. If I have to spell out for you what that is, you may need to move out from under that rock.
  2. Economics - Once the agend box is ticked, they will go with what will garner more attention and thus sell more advertising.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

When I mention "Socio-economic" it was in regards to the causes.

If you want to reduce shooting deaths in the inner city, it will take a markedly different approach than reducing the number of suicides by gun in rural areas.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The answer to that question is quite simple; Viewership and ratings. Or in other words, money. Controversial topics are media gold.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Never considered the second one.

But it does make sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Because the shooter was bare ass naked, it makes a great story. Only in my home state of Tennessee.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I will give it that. A naked dude in a Waffle House. News cycle gold.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I wish I could tell you it has nothing to do with political posturing, or that the potential for marketing of outrage played no part, but I fear that would be untruthful.

I do think it's fair to note that every circumstance is different, however the information we receive has the appearance of being heavily scripted.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: drewlander

When I mention "Socio-economic" it was in regards to the causes.

If you want to reduce shooting deaths in the inner city, it will take a markedly different approach than reducing the number of suicides by gun in rural areas.

Sorry I wasn't quoting prior. I can see it will get confusing.

The ones covered by the media have a common factor. They are all cases with multiple injuries and/or fatalities in public venues. I would be curious to know how many club shootings happened in 2016 with multiple victims for instance. Surely Omar Mateen wasn't the only person to shoot someone in a club. How do you research this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join