It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul has 'flipped' and has decided to go forward with support of Sec State Pompeo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Rand was the deciding vote. Looks like Pompeo will be pushed through as he should have already. The level of attempting to stop this administration from moving forward is ridiculous and is going to cost BOTH parties this fall. Clinton was confirmed 94-2. Amazing how it has been the last two that were so scrutinized so no real reason.

Link

Several Monday conversations with President Donald Trump, a meeting with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, and reassurances about Afghanistan led Sen. Rand Paul to announce Monday evening that he would vote to support Pompeo as the next Secretary of State. Paul recounted his decision process on Twitter as the Senate Foreign Relations Committee prepared to vote on the Pompeo confirmation. The senator spoke with President Trump several times during the day and met with Pompeo.

twitter.com...

also, 3 Democrats have flipped to support the new SecState.

Three Democrat senators declared their intention to break ranks with other Senate Democrats on the Foreign Relations Committee, ahead of the vote. Red state Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (ND), Joe Manchin (WV), and Joe Donnelly (IN) each face November re-election fights in states that went for Trump in 2016.

edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002018-04-23T17:53:01-05:000501 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002018-04-23T17:54:59-05:000559 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well politically it's a smart move since Pompeo had a direct hand in the possible peace between the Koreas. They can all now say that they support the end of the Korean War and peace on the Korean peninsula.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A great strategy at work again !!

Paul kept enough (D's) in their little comfort zone and then outed some.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Just another precedent set that will make it difficult for all future Presidents to get their cabinet and other positions filled. I smiled thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Maybe he will last long enough to wipe tRumps ass. Seems like no one else does

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ugh, Rand, come on! Where are your principles?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I laugh because it is soooo obvious. People need to read the Art of the Deal. That is all he is doing is effectively applying a book to the presidency and it is working.

Heard anything about DACA lately? Nope, they are working the race angle with Starbucks and Co...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

you don't hear anything about DACA anymore because the Dem's didn't get it on the budget and they don't want anyone knowing about it

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Ugh, Rand, come on! Where are your principles?

His principles are what let him vote in favor of Pompeo. Like a lot of other folk, he had been mislead by msm reports. When he found out the truth of the matter, he changed his vote. It's what principled folks do---examine the issue, seek the truth and act accordingly.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I laugh because it is soooo obvious. People need to read the Art of the Deal. That is all he is doing is effectively applying a book to the presidency and it is working.

Heard anything about DACA lately? Nope, they are working the race angle with Starbucks and Co...

That is if he actually wrote that book? Hard to imagine this moron writing anything that sounds coherent or about the fifth grade level.

it actually may have been this guy...Tony Schwartz

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

His philosophy. Many people have someone 'write' their book for them. You sound like someone wrote a book and he just put his name on it. I mean, did you ever read it or look at the steps? You might understand my post.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Rand Paul has 'flipped' and has decided to go forward with support of Sec State Pompeo

Too late. Rand's continuous slips of being anti-Trump goes on. Followed by , " I was against him , before I was for him"
Just another "Kerry" and company covering all bases .

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Rand Paul has a way of making people mad at him. Rand was cutting his grass last year, and an angry neighbor ran over and starting fighting with the Senator.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Rand Paul was mislead by the MSM? So Rand Paul, whose been a politician for how long now, gets all his info from Fox News? He certainly isn't watching CNN or MSNBC.

No, he knows his stuff and the MSM didn't teach it to him. That's so absurd. He changed his mind because something happened behind the scenes, whether he was pressured by the GOP and/or his donors. These politicians can't win reelection without their damned donors, you know the wealthy elite who own and control the media you are railing against. Guess what, they own the politicians too.
edit on 23-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'd like to know why no one wants to confirm Pompeo.

He was fine as CIA director no prob.

What is their reason? R or D?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

answer - Trump....same thing with Tillerson even though "ok he was an oil guy" we have an excuse. I would think the head of the CIA is abreast of everything needed for the job. It is unheard of for s SecState to go through what either did.
edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002018-04-23T20:53:54-05:000854 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

answer - Trump....same thing with Tillerson even though "ok he was an oil guy" we have an excuse. I would think the head of the CIA is abreast of everything needed for the job. It is unheard of for s SecState to go through what either did.

Pretty unreal, right?

F the USA, we don't like Trump.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil

That is if he actually wrote that book? Hard to imagine this moron writing anything that sounds coherent or about the fifth grade level.

it actually may have been this guy...Tony Schwartz

Do you think Hillary wrote any of her garbage books herself?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Unlike the Democrats, Rand can change his mind when situations or information changes. He's my Senator and I'm more than happy to see him change his mind after talks with those who had the information he needed. I have a lot more respect for a guy who will admit he was wrong than I do for those who stubbornly support "the party line" no matter the consequences for the county.

I don't always agree with him but he's one of a very few politicians that I can stand to be around in person. He's the only congress critter I know of who goes about doing free eye surgeries on people when Congress is in session. So every time Congress takes a break, anywhere from 20 to 50 people in Kentucky get their eyesight improved at no cost to them. I can respect and appreciate that sort of man.

You can claim he's owned by someone but you won't make me believe it without proof. He's the same guy now that he was before he became a politician. I just wish he would leave the Republican party because he's not a Republican. That's why I like him.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join