It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS boss threatens ‘caravan’ border-crossers with prosecution, detention, deportation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Lumenari
There is also a reason why a lot of Democrat lawyers put this together. Over a year ago.

Spoiler alert... it isn't about anything humanitarian or anything good for America as a nation.

I don't care. I was pointing out the legal right that these people have to step up to a port of entry and request asylum.

I'm not saying anything about who backed them or if they should or shouldn't get asylum.

They don't though. They have no right, in America, to go to a port of entry and request asylum. They have no American rights. Because they are not citizens. Comprende?

They have to legally be referred or meet very specific guidelines.

And now you don't care.

OK then!
edit on 23-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Of course they have that right. Anyone can file the paperwork. You don't know if they meet the requirements. That is what the judge decides.

Why would you even think that that is an American right. Why would an American request asylum in the US?
edit on 23-4-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

There is also a reason why a lot of Democrat lawyers put this together. Over a year ago.

Spoiler alert... it isn't about anything humanitarian or anything good for America as a nation.

I don't care. I was pointing out the legal right that these people have to step up to a port of entry and request asylum.

I'm not saying anything about who backed them or if they should or shouldn't get asylum.

They don't though. They have no right, in America, to go to a port of entry and request asylum. They have no American rights. Because they are not citizens. Comprende?

And now you don't care.

OK then!

Right, international law says that the first country they come to blah blah is where they get asylum.

I want asylum in Monaco.

I can pass through europe and asia to get there.

Cool.

I'll ask the witness program.

edit on 4 23 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

And now you don't care.

OK then!

Right, international law says that the first country they come to blah blah is where they get asylum.

I want asylum in Monaco.

Cool.

I think I will ask for asylum in Denmark.

I have very fond memories of there.

I will, however, have to take a train through Germany to get there, because it was my preferred route because they had a full bar on the train. True story!!!

Then I am going to give a letter to Denmark demanding that I get asylum, a nice job, citizenship and a car.

Not a European car though.

This is all reasonable and something I should be able to do anywhere in the world!
edit on 23-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Actually that is an EU rule and even they are doing away with it.

EU to scrap 'first country' asylum claim rule

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

And now you don't care.

OK then!

You are wrong some rights belong to ALL people in the borders of the United States. Otherwise why would Immigrants of any kind come here?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

And now you don't care.

OK then!

I want asylum in Monaco.

Cool.

I will, however, have to take a train through Germany to get there, because it was my preferred route because they had a full bar on the train. True story!!!

Then I am going to give a letter to Denmark demanding that I get asylum, a nice job, citizenship and a car.

This is all reasonable and something I should be able to do anywhere in the world!

Great cheeses and pastry, need it after the "coffee houses"

Grow tulips.

lol.

Do you need a letter? You must be white.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

And now you don't care.

OK then!

You are wrong some rights belong to ALL people in the borders of the United States. Otherwise why would Immigrants of any kind come here?

They come here because we as a nation have more opportunities then they have in theirs. The legal immigrants, that is. We DO have immigration laws. Be nice if we could enforce them.

They also come here to leech off the system. The illegals. I guess you would call them "undocumented workers". I call them undocumented Democrats based off of their voting habits.

Anyone not a citizen of the United States within our borders that are here illegally technically have no real rights. Because they are here illegally. They are, by definition, criminals.

That I have to explain this mystified me at first but then I remembered who I was replying to.

Then I came to the conclusion that this entire post was a waste of my time because you won't actually understand it.

Good night sweety.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

And now you don't care.

OK then!

I want asylum in Monaco.

Cool.

Grow tulips.

lol.

Irish and Cherokee... so half of me is invading and the other half isn't welcome.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

And now you don't care.

OK then!

I want asylum in Monaco.

Cool.

Grow tulips.

lol.

Irish and Cherokee... so half of me is invading and the other half isn't welcome.

I hate when that happens!

So who was running this place back in the day?

I'm a WOP.

Can't wait for the progs to tear down lady liberty.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

And now you don't care.

OK then!

They come here because we as a nation have more opportunities then they have in theirs. The legal immigrants, that is. We DO have immigration laws. Be nice if we could enforce them.

They also come here to leech off the system. The illegals. I guess you would call them "undocumented workers". I call them undocumented Democrats based off of their voting habits.

Anyone not a citizen of the United States within our borders that are here illegally technically have no real rights. Because they are here illegally. They are, by definition, criminals.

That I have to explain this mystified me at first but then I remembered who I was replying to.

Then I came to the conclusion that this entire post was a waste of my time because you won't actually understand it.

Good night sweety.

You have to explain it because you are wrong.

Some rights apply to all people, such as speedy trial and right to counsel. Some only apply to citizens like voting.

The fact that I have to explain basic civics is annoying as hell btw.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

The caravan has been a yearly thing for like 10 years. Didn't alarm people before.

Yes it did, that's why we now have President Trump

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

No someone at Fox news doesnt. Lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Arrrrrrgh. Hide run. Protect the wimmins and chillins.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

When did we start enforcing immigration laws?
asylum is part of our immigration laws.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I looked at the laws regarding asylum and I didn't see anything mentioning getting pre approved by anyone.
Perhaps you can link that because I just stopped mid post to check this again.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
DHS Secretary warning "The Caravan" they could get prosecuted, detained, and deported if they try to cross the border !!

They say they will seek "asylum".

They says it's good intentions.

DHS boss threatens ‘caravan’ border-crossers with prosecution, detention, deportation

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on Monday warned the “caravan” of Central American migrants arriving at the southern U.S. border that they could face prosecution, detention and deportation, as President Trump called on the agency to block the group.

The announcement came as a group of about 50 migrants who left southern Mexico in March reportedly reached the U.S. border, planning to seek asylum.

“DHS continues to monitor the remnants of the ‘caravan’ of individuals headed to our Southern border with the apparent intention of entering the United States illegally,” Nielsen said in a statement. “A sovereign nation that cannot—or worse, chooses not—to defend its borders will soon cease to be a sovereign nation. The Trump administration is committed to enforcing our immigration laws – whether persons are part of this ‘caravan’ or not.”

I'm fairly liberal, but I think people can't just demand to come in, and expect treatment that even the countries they are marching through (Mexico) wouldn't provide.
edit on 24-4-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Yeah right, 50 illegals that had to walk across mexico is a foreign invasion.
Of course it isn't. But, if Mexico itself has strict immigration laws why are they letting them march across the country? That seems disrespectful to the US, and political. Plus many on the left are blowing this up, just as the right wingers are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join