It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half the B-2 fleet was flying above Minneapolis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Air Force times

WASHINGTON — Strange reports of up to 10 B-2 stealth bombers flying above Minneapolis started circulating on social media Thursday evening. Tail spotters posted numerous photos on Facebook, not only of B-2s but of KC-10 tankers in the area. Meanwhile, aviation geeks on Twitter began debating what could have prompted perhaps half the inventory of the U.S. Air Force’s most advanced bomber to begin coalescing around a major U.S. city.

pretty crazy they had all these flying at the same times, can you imagine seeing a fleet of B-2's and tanker moving out? with the tensions in the world today if you didn't know this was happening(3 days ago) i wouldn't blame someone thinking we're going to war or at the very least a huge strike in contested airspace(Syria ?)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Trying to make people think "UFO's" were invading.

War of the Worlds!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Whats your theory on the B1's being in a group and aloft over Miniapolis ?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The world WAS supposed to end today.....

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What direction were they going?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
The world WAS supposed to end today.....

I'm sure it did for some unfortunate souls.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It's official, according to NOTAMs the exercise is indeed Neptune Falcon or a variation of that exercise. The B-2s, going by callsign 'Reaper,' are still up along with the tankers. An elongated rectangle block of airspace over the northern U.S., running roughly from Great Falls, Montana to just past Minot AFB in North Dakota, has been set aside. Another block of airspace reserved for the exercise sits northwest of the Nevada Test and Training Range. All told, this is likely the simulation of a long-range nuclear strike or global air power mission without leaving the United States.

TheDrive.com - Huge Strategic Exercise Is Underway With Half The B-2 Fleet Airborne Over The U.S. (Updated).

Wish there were more photos! That would be something to see them take off in rapid succession!

The exercise continues to May 5 (Cinco de Mayo!) so if anybody is in the area you might get another look!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Would have loved to see that. Ten B-2 bombers flying in formation would be bone chilling to see.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

It won't be as big as it was that night. That was the door kicking for the JFEX. There will be air assets from outside of Nellis involved, but not on that scale. There's a lot of activity at Nellis right now, as well as Phoenix and Moses Lake.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Just an exercise, no biggie. I work 1/2 mile from Whiteman AFB and I saw them flying out. I also employ 2 active duty guys who can't work this week because of the exercise.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Looks like tonight's activities are kicking off. The Grimm KC-10s are airborne, along with at least one Rook KC-135. Both are callsigns that were used the other day with the B-2s. A Utah KC-135 is up too. There was one up in the same area the other night as well.
edit on 4/23/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Would any F-16's out of Ohio be part of this exercise?

4 of them just took off about 30 min ago, I believe full afterburner... it was LOUD !!!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

There are a lot of different assets playing in this one, so they might be. They've moved F-16s up to Washington, near where some of the tankers are staged out of too, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are part of it.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I told the wife we were under attack... lol

She didn't find it funny.,..

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

I had to laugh because half the internet was convinced WWIII was starting the other day, but they're totally ignoring 160th SOAR zipping between buildings in Manhattan, down wicked low.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Interesting. How many were there?

As scary as that would be, could you imagine going back in time to somewhere like Hannover in 1944 and seeing literally hundreds of Allied bombers in the sky dropping bombs on the city indiscriminately? The fear and terror must have been palpable.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: X88B88

Ten. They flew 16 hours to various places over the US, with an "attack" run over the NTTR.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

i was honestly shocked no one posted this yet, kind of flashy with lots of visible movement of higher tier stuff.

speaking of tiers do you think there is a good chance of catching something interesting flying around? or is there to much regular AF traffic to let those girls out to play

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

They did. It was rapidly debunked as being anything. It was in another forum though.

You won't catch anything. If they're using anything like that, it'll be operating from inside the NTTR, but it's doubtful that they're even flying anything interesting with that much traffic from that many different directions over the range, operating at night like this.
edit on 4/23/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
RC-135 out of Nellis just climbing out, and the Baja KC-135s out of Phoenix are airborne. Game on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join