It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West, Candace Owens, & Monolithic Black Thought

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Perhaps some folks are reading into this way too deeply, yes Kanye is full of himself and he does things that are out there, but he is a megalomaniac like Trump and may hold a grudge, like when Obama called him a Jackass not once but twice in the span of 3yrs.

]Terry Moran, who co-hosts the Nightline programme on ABC, posted this update on the micro-blogging website last night: "Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now Jayz and Queen Bey, got lots of love from Obama, Common also receive love from the Obamas, they never took Kanye's calls, or sent him an invite to the cookout, but being called a Jackass by the president must of shattered the most fragile of egos, not unlike Trump who got roasted by Obama during press dinner, so noo!! don't go looking for the maverick in him it's not that deep.

About the lady he is singing praises to , I don't know much about her, but she does seem to cut from the same Stacy Dash Omarosa cloth .
Both these women knew there is a payday in playing social antagonist.

Right or wrong at least their opposition actually believe in what they are doing.
edit on 25-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: butcherguy

Yea, I said so what and guess what?

So, what?

You and your ilk incorrectly attributed a frame of mind that is fallacious as much as it is dubious and you throw out that the idea was coined by an African as a rebuttal.

And will I call folks out on thier lies? Everday and twice on Sunday. Back up your claims or get called on it.

What were my specific claims?
My claim was that Dr. Ogbu wrote what he did, nothing more... and you have not called me on it. You can't , because what I posted is true.
Please read what I posted again.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Candice wants to focus the positive not the negative, what a bold idea. There are many groups that could focus on the past oppression to feel negative all the time; it's not helpful to them personally or the society they live in.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Err no Blue_Jay it's not about the past at all , but the here and now, that's what some folks here are not getting, like Will Smith said recently, there is no increase in racism, it's just that it's being filmed.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm not racist but I can't take a guy who named his child North seriously.

And I can't take this site seriously anymore. 'the right put Nazi's on the moon to create super soldiers' or 'the left hired transsexual dwarf assassins to kill Castro' honestly there are people who make podcasts mocking this site-I don't care if you swing left or right, the hyberbole and overreactions are out of control. I stick around for the fringe and out of the ordinary news, not for people who use the internet as a soapbox just because Hillary didn't wear a pants suit on that Tuesday in 1973.

Discussing politics should involve talking about policies and what should or can be done, not effing shadow boxing those who don't share your view, I don't like Trump but that doesn't mean I don't like those who sway to the right.

I'm going to leave this here and hopefully it will sink in.

edit on 25-4-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

And I can't take this site seriously anymore. 'the right put Nazi's on the moon to create super soldiers' or 'the left hired transsexual dwarf assassins to kill Castro' honestly there are people who make podcasts mocking this site-I don't care if you swing left or right, the hyberbole and overreactions are out of control. I stick around for the fringe and out of the ordinary news, not for people who use the internet as a soapbox just because Hillary didn't wear a pants suit on that Tuesday in 1973.

Discussing politics should involve talking about policies and what should or can be done, not effing shadow boxing those who don't share your view, I don't like Trump but that doesn't mean I don't like those who sway to the right.

It isn't about taking Kanye seriously.... I haven't taken him serious in years. I think he is a talented producer / artist but his ego and narcissism is other worldly. The point was just how everyone flips out because he decides to give props to someone and break away from the liberal group think. It was more about the vitriolic reactions directed at him, Candace Owens, and how some people think all black people need to think one way.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Some monolithic esoterical thoughts..

On Tuesday he wrote, “to be great is to be misunderstood” as well as “dragon 🐉 energy/Natural born leaders/Very instinctive/Great foresight.”

Now where did that came from?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: EternalShadow

I have to disagree somewhat.

There was racism in the North too. It just wasn't government institutionalized as blatantly as it was in the South. It was enforced through more subtle means like realty covenants and the like.

But today, people in the North like to pretend they were never racist because they didn't have the full Jim Crow system.

However, those things aren't legally allowed today.

Part of the problem is that blacks are searching for their own cultural identity and they haven't embraced things that are leading them to success. I mentioned one thing -- broad rejection of education. It is more fashionable to label education as white oppressive now which is why you have academics labeling math as racist and white supremacist among other things. I wouldn't care so much about the rejection of the broader culture if the culture embraced did lead them to both harmonious co-existence and successful lives, but it doesn't.

Look at Asian-Americans. They thrive here with their own set of cultural values. They're largely killing it.

If African-Americans could come up with a culture like that. It would be great, but until they do, we're going to continue to have issues, and it won't be racism causing all of those problems.

Another problem is the hyphenated american thing. Always seemed like segregation to me.

I'm old school and stopped when they wanted to be called black.

We all came out of africa, a long standing theory, anyway.

Ok, you are black, I can see that. Are you an American?

Born here, 1st, 3rd, 10th generation? Here on a visa or just got a permanent residency status?

Cops are not the problem, it's your "leaders", the people that should be looking out for you.

None of this is directed at you Kets, just adding.

Asians do kill it, so much that even Harvard makes them jump over an unfair bar to get in, over everyone else of any color.

Their basic family and work ethic is very strong. Giving face.

They save more for the future, too.

Maybe it's from the ancestors not having squat for options in the homeland?

Then again, lots of immigrants are in the same situation but don't excel like asians in higher education.

Why? They have gone through worse than Jim Crow laws, affirmative action and welfare.

Anyway, I'm drifting through a sea of forgotten teardrops.

Good post, you nailed some great points.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Perhaps some folks are reading into this way too deeply, yes Kanye is full of himself and he does things that are out there, but he is a megalomaniac like Trump and may hold a grudge, like when Obama called him a Jackass not once but twice in the span of 3yrs.

]Terry Moran, who co-hosts the Nightline programme on ABC, posted this update on the micro-blogging website last night: "Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now Jayz and Queen Bey, got lots of love from Obama, Common also receive love from the Obamas, they never took Kanye's calls, or sent him an invite to the cookout, but being called a Jackass by the president must of shattered the most fragile of egos, not unlike Trump who got roasted by Obama during press dinner, so noo!! don't go looking for the maverick in him it's not that deep.

About the lady he is singing praises to , I don't know much about her, but she does seem to cut from the same Stacy Dash Omarosa cloth . Both these women knew there is a payday in playing social antagonist.

Right or wrong at least their opposition actually believe in what they are doing.

You just proved it all.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Is that Miami Steve or Stevie Ray?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
dupped.

edit on 4 25 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879 "like Will Smith said recently, there is no increase in racism, it's just that it's being filmed."

And he's wrong. Very wrong.

How, exactly, is the US as racist today as it was in, say, 1925, when Jim Crow laws were in full effect, the KKK was lynching black folks, schools and businesses were segregated, the military was segregated, etc., etc.?

This photo says a lot about what this country has become.

Wil Smith couldn't be more wrong if he tried. And why are we listening to actors anyway?

edit on 26-4-2018 by X88B88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2018 by X88B88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just going to drop this off here as this has been asked by many people many times.
www.nbcnews.com...

And he took a shot at former President Barack Obama in another tweet Wednesday evening.

"Obama was in office for eight years and nothing in Chicago changed,"

Perhaps when it is the right person asking people will take the question seriously?

Fellow Chicago rapper Chance The Rapper, a close friend and collaborator, also came to West's defense, saying on Twitter that he recently spoke with the artist and claimed he's "in a great space" mentally. He also backed up West's support for Trump.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Just going to drop this off here as this has been asked by many people many times.
www.nbcnews.com...

And he took a shot at former President Barack Obama in another tweet Wednesday evening.

"Obama was in office for eight years and nothing in Chicago changed,"

Perhaps when it is the right person asking people will take the question seriously?

Fellow Chicago rapper Chance The Rapper, a close friend and collaborator, also came to West's defense, saying on Twitter that he recently spoke with the artist and claimed he's "in a great space" mentally. He also backed up West's support for Trump.

I really hope Kanye is giving hope to others to feel free to speak their minds when it comes to disagreeing with monolithic black thought and liberal politics.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I hope he, chance and others inspire others to speak freely no matter their political opinions. The questions about chicago have merit; interesting not many seem to want to discuss it. Despite political beliefs there are longstanding problems that need solutions.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I hope Kayne is prepared for the smear stories and raids on his home by the FBI.
The Democrats are not going to take too kindly to one of their slaves trying to escape.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I hope he, chance and others inspire others to speak freely no matter their political opinions. The questions about chicago have merit; interesting not many seem to want to discuss it. Despite political beliefs there are longstanding problems that need solutions.

Plenty of us black conservatives have been asking those those questions for decades... seems like some people of influence are finally starting to break through to the masses.

I've long felt the black community has been politically neutered because of our 95% block voting for Democrats. It results in neither the left or right feeling compelled to actually address the important issues relevant to our community. On the left, since they aren't held accountable because we still vote 95% of the time for Democrats, they don't feel they need to do anything as they will still get our vote. Just pass some crumbs off the table, these negroes will still vote for us...

On the other hand, the right doesn't give a sh*t about black people either because ... WE DON"T VOTE FOR THEM. We can't then start coming to the conservatives with our hat in hand, talking about about what are you going to do for us now that you are in office? Nothing Negro! You didn't vote for me! Take your ass back to the end of the line... I gotta do favors for the folks that actually put me in office first!

If the black vote was split between both sides, then both parties would actually have to compete for our vote...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Get rid of your Nazi infestation, maybe then you have something to say.
edit on 26-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
When did the nazis infest the black community? I missed that part?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

When did the nazis infest the black community? I missed that part?

It is the tired meme that Nazi's and Klan members are welcomed in the Republican party.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join