It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West, Candace Owens, & Monolithic Black Thought

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Edumakated

You are the first black person I've ever heard say they've never been accused of acting white at some point for stepping out of the norm You are either a unicorn or lying through your teeth imho. 

Nope !! he is not the only one, but there you go causally dismissing other folks experiences only your own is legit.

So Obama is making this sh*t up too, right?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No group exhibits victim mentality more than butthurt, insecure, grumpy old males on ATS.
Many of them are posting in this very thread.
I can find each and every one of you on threads about "white genocide", "war on christians", war on christmas", "genocide on white straight males" and other safe spaces you have created on ATS.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Nope!!!, but that's "his" experience not mine and apparently not Odzeandennz either.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's funny don't you guys make fun of people w white guilt all the time! Pot call kettle black much?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Yup and they say everyone else is the snowflake lol

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

i can't speak for the black community but i am hispanic and i see that mentality in my community. people get called sell outs or coconuts(brown on outside white on inside) if they "act white" dress white" "talk white" i feel americans of hispanic descent get it the worst. i feel that recent immigrants can sometimes look at me with distrust because i am obviously "americanized" and can speak english fluently, i feel that they think that i think i am better than them or that i look down on them which is not the case.

unfortunately in this day in age, some aspects of modern youth culture will tell you it is "cooler" to act ghetto than educated and i do believe that is part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You completely distorted the article to make it say that learning is acting white. That's how these stereotypes start. One person distort a Truth and everyone runs with it , then before you know it, it becomes a euphemism 

I distorted nothing.
My point was that a Black man from Nigeria that was a professor of Anthropology at UC Berkeley did studies on the subject and popularized the term 'acting white'.
Do you deny that what I posted is true?

Just because you say that I distorted something doesn't make it so.
Read what I wrote again.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If you're in the majority, and you're scared that minorities are going to grow in size and take over... maybe deep down your true fear is that you know the laws aren't equal.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have seldom seen logic used in activism. I have seen numerous examples of labels being used to distort facts. Some guy said he argeed with some lady and some racists said he wasn't playing for the home team. Happens all the time. To further perpetuate this is folly. A percentage of all groups have bought into the illusions set forth to divide and control. Us vs them through the "no true scotsman fallacy".

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I see what you mean in my circles and work. Not only do many black people and social justice folks freely call any disagreeing blacks "uncle toms" or "coons," many liberals I know appear to think that each minority group has one monolithic identity and perspective. That ideology plays out in a variety of ways.

Today the Kanye topic struck me when the New Yorker speculated whether his support of Trump is due to mental illness... That bothered me, even as a non Trump supporter.

www.google.com...

edit on 24-4-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That article is yet another awful "opinion piece" os clearly social sharing bait for lazy social virtue signallers who usually don't read beyond the headlines. Clearly not following the social consensus is "problematic" or means you have a mental illness. If not a mental illness, then you're probably just a sell-out. If they like you then they'll soften the blow of those labels by saying you suffer from "internalised racism/misogyny/homophobia",,,

I read the article and I hadn't realised we'd reached the advanced technological stage where we had successfully trained a weasel to write about pop culture. It's so condescending. For example:

"Kanye West’s oft-dormant Twitter feed has been a font of dopey aphorisms and aspirational directives, many of which (“Question everything”) feel like the sort of thing a person might overhear at a college party."

So not every single Tweet of his is a profound and novel thought? He makes interesting music (despite the claims that he isn't, his last 3 albums are at the very least, a genuine attempt to make something original, is he supposed to be a noted thinker as well? If that's the case then we should've had Christopher Hitchens release a mixtape before taking him seriously.

As to the other point I've seen made in the thread that black people in the USA generally tend to think of education as being "white" and that culturally learning is discouraged via peer pressure - this isn't related to colour. I went to a school in the UK with lot of different races, but most of whom were poor. It was really discouraged to want to learn and better yourself. Anybody wanting to learn was called names initially and if you persisted in bettering yourself then you would eventually be beaten up by someone for the crime of thinking you were better than everyone. I went to school over 20 years ago now so it might have changed, but it was related to social income and not race. However, I don't know if race and income in the US are the same as class in the UK a from an outsider's perspective, it seem that races in the US generally seem to live apart from each other whereas in London every race lives near each other and it i class that is generally the divider.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This is the reason Kanye' West is garnering attention - look at it like this....

Starts twitter account in 2010.
Followers: 24M

Makes first post 2014.

Makes subsequent 129 posts in the past 10 days striking right at the heart of the ego and the political arena.

THIS IS HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN WE ARE WITNESSING FOLKS - HE WANTS IT.

And now the MSM leftists are starting with the re-labeling of Kanye West as "alt-right" and stating he is exhibiting "abnormal behavior". These people are DESPERATE to defile anyone who threatens the leftist narrative.

theblast.com...

hiphopdx.com...

people.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

twitchy.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

well kanye does say a ton of things that would make you question his mental state. ben shapiro had a very similar take on the right warming up to kanye as i do, scroll down kanyes twitter posts and tell me that he doesn't sound a little bat s*** crazy. if i was pro trump i would distance myself as much as possible from him.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

well kanye does say a ton of things that would make you question his mental state. ben shapiro had a very similar take on the right warming up to kanye as i do, scroll down kanyes twitter posts and tell me that he doesn't sound a little bat s*** crazy. if i was pro trump i would distance myself as much as possible from him.
I mean, I don't doubt that the reports of him going through mental struggles wasn't true. And, a few of his on stage rants sound rambling and off. That also can be a sign of substance abuse. However, saying that either one would cause a black man to support Candice or Trump or is the likely cause is pretty offensive in it's own right. Think about what's being implied there.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Independent thought, individuality is an anathema to the mob mentality of the left.

Cultural Marxists want you as the collective, not as the individual. They want to sort everybody into piles based on color, sexuality, gender etc. so when there is a gay person who likes guns or a black woman who has conservative opinions they treat it as a heresy to their ideology. They are the modern priesthood of the 21st century.

While I don't agree with the extent of cultural Marxism that you might ascribe to the left here in the US, I think there are elements of truth to it existing in identity politics and many liberal orgs. I see it in people and their statements in my work life, which is in a liberal org. Yes, it's made many less critical people sort others into these monolithic identity classes. Then, related unassailable and incomprehensible identities and related lived experience that not only ostensibly cannot be understood by others, but also this "class consciousness" makes white people or males less aware or virtous. It's the new original sin.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Truth is it just might be Kanye's neo-con con game.

Get a spokesperson. Make popular and controversial. Have spokesperson say they are running as a Republican. Get elected. Now just neo-con aiming for radical transformation of the conservative Republican country. Kanye neo-con.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yea, I said so what and guess what?

So, what?

You and your ilk incorrectly attributed a frame of mind that is fallacious as much as it is dubious and you throw out that the idea was coined by an African as a rebuttal.

And will I call folks out on thier lies? Everday and twice on Sunday. Back up your claims or get called on it.
edit on 25-4-2018 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

thanks for pointing that out !

thats why I asked what the difference between conservative in the US and UK was like

no need to call me a # though , but that says more about you than it does me !

and being from the US im not that surprised

edit on 25-4-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: radiusnode

totally!

I am with you on the whole education thing , that isnt a race specific thing !

in my highschool we had kids from all over , children of different ethnic backgrounds , carribean / jamaican decent , chinese , pakistani , indian

and it was common within groups of young males that if you were smart you were bullied , if you showed any form of emotion you were bullied, if you step out from the "group think" you were bullied , the pack mentality within groups of young males is ridiculous and counter productive to what should be easy for males!
if you had different brand of clothing from the herd then you were bullied

If males were more supportive of each other rather than negatively competitive then we'd probably be ok !

where we see groups hating on each other for "selling out" your ethnic group or being a traitor to your race !

How can trying to better yourself be selling out your race ?

how backwards is that , this has come from the racial theories , based on the german romantic philosophy that education and civilised society is the highest form of humanity

it's a damn shame that we today still perpetuate these negative thought processes .

I dont know if kids still do it these days , does anyone have kids who are in highschool they can ask , if this occurs ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join