It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal Confessions ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
... of ordinary people in the US.

I came across this survey by an outfit called Safe Home.

www.safehome.org...

In this forum they asked 2,000 people about whether they had, at some point, committed various crimes both minor and major.

Their results:

Now what is more interesting are the responses to whether the criminal acts admitted to should, in fact, be illegal

Now I don't really want to debate the pros and cons to any specific issue here basically I was glad that people recognized when they were actually breaking an existing law, at least to themselves and to a survey. But I did find it disturbing that many thought those infractions should be legal and choose to commit the crime rather then work toward changing or modifying the law in question.

So do you think it okay to break a law, if you think it is a dumb law? ...or an inconvenient law? ... or?

What does that teach our children about respect for the law? .... or control in general?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think there are far more serious things to worry about, than anything on that list.

Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's not ok to break any law.
Most exist for a reason, yeah not all are good reasons.
But not all crimes are equal either.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am pretty sure I have broken every one of those laws. The trespass I am not sure about, but I imagine at some point in my 52 years.... Littering I hate, but goes with the driving while intox, a beer bottle or two.... the prescription meds is maybe
3-5 times in my life....

The traffic laws, pretty sure I had double digit points on my license years ago. Now I obey every law while driving...

I don't think any of those laws should be changed though, except for maybe some drug laws...IE Marijuana, even though I have no desire to partake any more.

Done a few that aren't on that list too when younger....Finally realized that can't be arrested for getting up every morning and going to work.... 7 months away from 30 years in the Sheet Metal Workers Union.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The only law I have ever broken on that list is #1 and I was not aware I was breaking the traffic law when it was happening. It was a prohibited left turn at an intersection where they had just placed the sign 3 days prior. I had turned at that intersection for 10 years so they got me on that one.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
It's not ok to break any law.

Hmmm no I gotta disagree with that. Put it this way if people didn't break some laws America wouldn't exist.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Find me someone who hasn't gone slightly above the speed limit at one time or another. Find me someone who hasn't accidentally run a red light or missed a stop sign, too.

I have littered accidentally. Sometimes the wind catches stuff and you can't catch up to it before it's gone.

I've also taken medication not written for me. Easy to do when you have medical conditions.

As far as #1 on that list though, thinking those laws shouldn't be there? Just lumping all traffic laws in together is a pretty broad umbrella.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I speed all the time. Lol
I took a drug that wasn't prescribed to me but it wasn't recreational. I had tonsillitis and took my friends left over penicillin because I didn't want to go to the doctor. He had already told me he wanted to take them out. But I don't get tonsillitis anymore and I still have my tonsils so what did he know lol.

join