It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple fatalities after van runs over people in Toronto

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Time to ban these assault vans. All van's should have manual transmissions. Cars shouldn't be allowed to shift gears so fast. Did the van driver have background check? For the children... if we can just save one life. I mean, no one actually needs a van when a smart car will do.
this is a retarded post and you know it. Stop twisting and using tragic events to boost your pro gun agenda. Stupid people like you are part of the problem.
edit on 24-4-2018 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Black_Fox

Like sands through the hourglass...

How do we stop this?

Mental checks to drive for one. all these incidents all come to mental issues.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well, it turns out that Alex Minassian was just angry that women didn't like him. He referred to himself as an "incel" or involuntarily celibate person, and wanted to murder "Chads" , men who were good with women, and "Staceys ", women that turned men like him down.

Seems reasonable to me...

Much like our naked guy who shot 4 people while thinking Tayler Swift was stocking him, along with a plethora of our insanities. What all this tells us is no matter the healthcare system it is impossible to stop someone when they decide to initiate these types of attacks. We are going down the path of violating rights and having thought police to do otherwise.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

As an example, you have 100 people that all show signs of basically the same mental issues, but only one ends up violent. How do you stop the one...you don't...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A cautionary tale...How The Far Right Spun The Toronto Van Attack As Islamic Terrorism
An interesting note on how certain alt-right media oozes out from under a rock to politicise a tragic...but criminal act.
All the usual suspects, too!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
A cautionary tale...How The Far Right Spun The Toronto Van Attack As Islamic Terrorism
An interesting note on how certain alt-right media oozes out from under a rock to politicise a tragic...but criminal act.

Anyone, especially journalists jumping to conclusions such as this ought to be ashamed.

It happens on all sides all of the time.

Its like people are hoping the killer check certain boxes that they caan use to politicize their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

A cautionary tale

Though it was wrong to do so you have a very high chance at guessing it right if you say either crazy or terrorist, and as far as terrorist go, Islamic is pretty much the top dog there.

I'm sure the left is rather sad he didn't use a gun to support their agendas too... works both ways...
edit on 24-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I'm sure the left is rather sad he didn't use a gun to support their agendas too... works both ways...

Isn't that comment rather beneath you?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Isn't that comment rather beneath you?

I mean the left as in Government left, not the average liberal citizen. I do feel the Government is willing to lose a lot to gain a few victories...

It's like many in Congress are like "YES!" when a gun is used as fast as they jump on it, but when the agenda doesn't fit like this case they are 100% silent though we are talking about the same thing of identifying crazy people and preventing them from acting.
edit on 24-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Mass van attacks.

The world is going to hell.

We must put an end to Van violence!
edit on 24-4-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

As an example, you have 100 people that all show signs of basically the same mental issues, but only one ends up violent. How do you stop the one...you don't...

I dont think everyone is under Psychopathic tendencies though. I forgot i have to be specific with people here.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Black_Fox

Like sands through the hourglass...

How do we stop this?

Simple, ban vehicles.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I dont think everyone is under Psychopathic tendencies though. I forgot i have to be specific with people here.

You miss my point....out of 100 people that ALL show Psychopathic tendencies how do you pre select the one that actually acts out in this manner. The vast majority of psychopaths do not act out in any negative manner other than to have a dog eat dog world mentality that many times helps them to be successful.

And even when we look at the small percentage of that group who may act out we are talking an even smaller percentage of an already small percentage of the worst who would actually become a mass murder.

We are looking at .001% of .001% of a total group of flagged mental cases.

I stand by my statement... How do you find these people before they act out...you can't

edit on 25-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Anyone, especially journalists jumping to conclusions such as this ought to be ashamed.

It happens on all sides all of the time.

Its like people are hoping the killer check certain boxes that they caan use to politicize their beliefs.

So true! It's sickening to watch the polarization of society at the hands of the media and all the other political stooges of the globe. What's even worse is the fact it's being driven by only a handful of people.....bad people.

The declaration of war by the PC class is at a unprecedented level of sheer lunacy. Who needs nukes when the whole planet is on auto-pilot to self destruct.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You simply revoke all of their licenses but in exchange give them bus passes for free.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You simply revoke all of their licenses but in exchange give them bus passes for free.

Boy, you are talking about a rather big pool of people that just maybe everyone would end up in the "danger" bucket at one point or another...Great way to keep the 2nd but say no one is sane enough to actually have a gun...lol

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Boy, you are talking about a rather big pool of people that just maybe everyone would end up in the "danger" bucket at one point or another...Great way to keep the 2nd but say no one is sane enough to actually have a gun...lol

Did i mention making the decision permanent? no i didnt. r e evaluations every 2-3 months until they are certified ok again.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I tend to agree with part of your post but it was noticed by that cop closest to him and who eventually took him down that he wasn't holding a gun.

Maybe the cop didn't think he was worth shooting, considering other police shootings that have resulted in some police being prosecuted, albeit some deserved it.

I think the cop did the right thing.

Yeah, it's Canada not the USA.

That's the only thing that kept him from being blown away.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Did i mention making the decision permanent? no i didnt. r e evaluations every 2-3 months until they are certified ok again.

You do know that Psychopathic conditions are not curable, and once you are in the system you are there forever.

edit on 25-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join