It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple fatalities after van runs over people in Toronto

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
"Thou shalt not kill."
It doesn't mean you have to be nice
Just don't run people over with your van.
It's not rocket surgery.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I tend to agree with part of your post but it was noticed by that cop closest to him and who eventually took him down that he wasn't holding a gun.

Maybe the cop didn't think he was worth shooting, considering other police shootings that have resulted in some police being prosecuted, albeit some deserved it.

I think the cop did the right thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

A van has run over pedestrians in Toronto, killing a number of people and injuring others, local officials say. It’s unknown whether it’s an intentional act.

The incident happened at 1:27 p.m. ET on Monday when police were called to an incident in the North York district, where “numerous” pedestrians were reported to have been hit by a van.

The Toronto Police Service said at least 8 to 10 people were believed to have been struck by the van, but added that the exact number of victims was still unclear.

Multiple fatalities after van runs over people in Toronto

Here we go again....

I don't have a lot to add that hasn't been said a million times.

Check the link for the full story.

You know what drives me absolutely insane! Everywhere I am reading this morning that this is a white man and they are giving out his full name as Alek Minassian. They literally can not stop saying ‘a white male’ ‘he is white’ ‘a Toronto born white male has today driven a van’ bla bla.

Funny isn’t it how when it’s a Muslim driving into groups of people, they keep it very quiet on his race and name for days, some times weeks.

Really beginning to grate on me now. Fcking BBC. Call me racist I am actually beyond caring
edit on 24/4/2018 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

(post by 1337Kph removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The question is was Alek Minassian insane to kill 10 and injure 15? What drives a person to kill like that. In America yes we had a guy kill 4 with a gun almost naked and thought Taylor Swift as staking him...
edit on 24-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Extremely sad, but this is unfortunately the state of the world we live in. It seems as though these type attacks are only becoming more prevalent each year.

-Guava

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Stop renting out white vans!

Hope it’s not terrorism, but to kill 10 isn’t reallly an “accident”.
Terrible.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Guns aside for the moment, how does anyone stop this?

Do we start profiling anyone who wants to rent a large truck?

Can we stop this and still remain a free society?

44 Magnum’s a powerful weapon.

Stop a car at a hundred yards.

Put a round right through the engine block.

# 977
edit on 24-4-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
The cops should have emptied their guns into this idiot.
I don't care if he was mentally ill, terrorists are, anyway.
He'll get 20yrs in jail.
Sweet, nice going Canada.
And they say the USA is stupid.

Say what you like. We don't empower our cops to be judge, jury and executioner.
We like it that way. Kudos to the cop!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
The cops should have emptied their guns into this idiot.
I don't care if he was mentally ill, terrorists are, anyway.
He'll get 20yrs in jail.
Sweet, nice going Canada.
And they say the USA is stupid.

I 100% agree.

This cop is a hero.

It would have been easy for him to fire shots.

But because he didnt, perhaps there can be an examination into what motivated this attack, whioch could potentially lead to lives saved in the future.

This cop did a great job and should be praised for his actions.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Johnny every once in awhile I agree with you. In America our cops would have shot him the second he exited the Van no matter if he was armed or not...sad.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Cops in America kill for a lot less.

But if this man terrorising people is not a terrorist attack I don't know what is....

Why is it who commits the crime instead of the crime itself which determines the label.

Typical..

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

You have it completely backwards...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

But if this man terrorising people is not a terrorist attack I don't know what is....

Why is it who commits the crime instead of the crime itself which determines the label.

Typical..

I guess it depends on the motive. If he is bat crazy then he is just crazy. If he did it based on something like Ideological reasons to invoke fear etc then it is terrorism. I think we have gone too far with the desire to label all bad incidences as terrorism and too much of that just seems to desensitized the word.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Typical..
I guess it depends on the motive. If he is bat crazy then he is just crazy. If he did it based on something like Ideological reasons to invoke fear etc then it is terrorism. I think we have gone too far with the desire to label all bad incidences as terrorism and too much of that just seems to desensitized the word.
There's also the use of skin colour or ethnicity as a determinant. Like brown people can't be crazy, too. And letting Daesh make the call...just as if they wouldn't take credit for a wet fart if they felt it suited their ideology.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Typical..

It shouldnt be.

I dont really understand why there is such an importance on the term "terrorism" in the first place.

To me its like "hate crime", the crime is the crime and the label means very little to me.

Now having said that, we should look at motivations, trends, historyt, etc. to look into how to best combat this and see where it comes from.

So it is reaosnable to look at this mans ideologies, religion, associates, etc. to find out if he acted alone, and why he did what he did.

But the crime is equally heinous regardless of the motivaation.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sometimes you feel like a nut.
Nuts will do nutty things. No need to attempt to extrapolate anything from their ideology. Nuts come in all forms. Same as their ideologies.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This attack was organized by the British-Canadian MI6, using "mind control" techniques . I don't understand why the terrorist was Armenian, as it does not make any sense in the current narrative. Moreover, the EU-NATO orchestrated chaos in Armenia, looks more like a distraction and if there are plenty of reasons for the EU not to attempt to mess around in that region, as the results would be a kind of new Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

There's also the use of skin colour or ethnicity as a determinant. Like brown people can't be crazy, too. And letting Daesh make the call...just as if they wouldn't take credit for a wet fart if they felt it suited their ideology.

Johnny, there is no color when it comes to extremism. Anytime color is interjected it is 100% a political ploy to push an agenda and in this case it is a left talking point for the gullible just to fight Trump in some way even when they agree with him.

To prove my point many see America as extremist, including you, so you can't have it both ways. In any case there are a lot of people in the Middle East that would love to kill you or me and it doesn't matter what got them to that point, they still want to do it. Extremism there is at a level that is insane, if you go back to the 70s in Iran they were very modern, hell women wore mini skirts, so look at it today. Afghanistan in the 50s was as modern as any EU country for the same era, once again look at it today. South Africa is seeing the same thing happen to them as they implode from a world leading country to one where it is nothing but warlords and the population is starving. Color has nothing to do with any of this...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Well, it turns out that Alex Minassian was just angry that women didn't like him. He referred to himself as an "incel" or involuntarily celibate person, and wanted to murder "Chads" , men who were good with women, and "Staceys ", women that turned men like him down.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join