It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple fatalities after van runs over people in Toronto

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I was in the city(toronto) today, not North York area, actually downtown area having lunch with my daughter. She lives in the city.

There is always a normal amount of ambulances, police cars and sirens going off in the city but this was a little unreal the amount of police cars flying through the streets.

They didn't release alot of info until a little while ago, still not sure what the motive is.

sad times, scary times.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thank you didn't know the name but yea they are more common place around new high profile buildings like stadiums even some of the newer office buildings, banks etc. I'd imagine installation gives those businesses a bit of an insurance break also.

Have notices some places even incorporate barriers into their designs or more appealing designs like large balls spaced apart where you can easily walk through, that I am sure these are rated to stop cars from ramming through. Have also had some clients that have had their store fronts smashed by crooks in cars to do a late night smash and grab, install these barriers around their store fronts to discourage that possibility.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Athetos

True.

Anyone determined to commit act(s) of violence will always find a way to do so, regardless of the laws.

Problem is modern society is creating more crazy people.

MSM, rhetoric, technology, social media, medication, poor quality of food, etc, is all contributing.

We've always had crazy people.

It's just now. . . we have them in leadership positions.

You're right. We've always had crazy people but I remember when those people were locked away from the rest of society. Somewhere along the way, all the mental institutions were closed and the crazies now rome free with many not having anyone to look after them.

What became of the proverbial "nut house"? Was it lack of funding or political corectness that shut them down?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: putnam6

Where do you stop though?
In my corner of the UK we are effectively rural and have millions of tourists each year, minimal CCTV, hardly any police because the constabulary is funded based on winter population.
You could drive a Land Rover or similar on a packed beach and kill many people, then easily escape to a rural road to switch vehicles and escape.
If cities suddenly become fortresses then the crime will just switch to the easier targets.
To be honest I'm surprised we haven't had an attack in these parts yet, London is like the most policed and protected area in Britain.

Yes I mentioned in my posts that they would go after softer targets, that said I'm just talking about the 'bollards" burdman mentioned that are already in use in a lot of high profile areas already, and even to prevent the common smash a car through a store front smash and grab tactic fairly common here in the states. Not talking about locked down metal gates with guards and restrictive movements, just an addition that might save a life or two or discourage an attack all together, sure it's band aid on a gaping wound but why not try and at least limit available targets. As I mentioned I know private businesses that use them it lowers their insurance rates, pretty sure it does the same for the ones in front of large buildings, stadiums etc.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Oh no, the person who did this might not be Muslim or have anything to do with Muslim extremists, now what will these right wingers (who have predetermined it was a Muslim attack (read first page)) do now?

Lucky for them, his last name is Minassian, sounding foreign to them, they still have some minority culture or person to attack. whew..

Or will the thread now die when they can't blame a Muslim..hmmmm.
edit on 23-4-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

A little of both with the addition of the ailments being considered treatable, which is only the case if they take their meds. It's a touchy subject really, I mean people have mental ailments and lead very normal lives, if they take their medication. Consistency is huge in that respect, however insurance providers constantly change what they will cover.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
Oh no, the person who did this might not be Muslim or have anything to do with Muslim extremists, now what will these right wingers (who have predetermined it was a Muslim attack (read first page)) do now?

Lucky for them, his last name is Minassian, sounding foreign to them, they still have some minority culture or person to attack. whew..

The prediction about the thread dying after it is discovered this isn't a Muslim thing was done way back on page 2.

By the way, the name Minassian is Armenian. Hardly Muslim though. The real threat are the mentally unstable.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Involuntary commitment is still practiced and there are still "nut houses."

But not everyone with mental illness is a threat to others or is unable to care for themselves.

Political correctness? Definitely, respecting the right of freedom is all about political correctness.

edit on 4/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My friends,

I am curious to know if there is any link between the suspect and the building he stopped the van in front of?

ibb.co...

ibb.co...

Does anyone know what language that is on the front? Also, I can't seem to find any mentions of this "Exchange Source Inc." business on the internet, but I also haven't looked for it long enough. Maybe the ATS armchair detectives can lend a hand?

edit on 23-4-2018 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
OMG, just saw the arrest video! WHY wasn't the cop blowing him away?!?!?!?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil

It sounds like you are happy it's NOT a muslim! Breathe, breathe!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Where is the smashed-up grill? Where are the broken shards from the headlamp/turn signal assemblies? Why isn't the windshield cracked from all those people hitting the vehicle at speed? Now I'm having my doubts....

I'd guess the parts are all back at the point of impact, where the broken and dead bodies are. If the grill is smashed or lights are broken, they don't hang around on the truck until it's stopped by the police; they generally fall onto the ground right where they were broken.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Because thats what was wanted, an the media is most of the reason these things happen.

Can't keep letting people think they can go nuts and get killed at the end and not have to pay for their actions.

If people thought they could grieve an issue with someone and get it on national TV, they'd do it.
Couple that with mental disorders and boom, you got some issues going down, with or without guns.

edit on 23-4-2018 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The bodies are still warm and relatives have not even started grieving and here we go with someone making a thread about an already known tragedy, on all media outlets, only to boost flags and stars and start a conversation with mindless, soulless, keyboard hideaway trolls with an agenda to promote, truly these kind of people cannot have a soul or compassion for anyone. Already bringing the NRA into this and making comparisons between a gun and a truck. Truly sick.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

originally posted by: Tempter

Because thats what was wanted, an the media is most of the reason these things happen.

Can't keep letting people think they can go nuts and get killed at the end and not have to pay for their actions.

If people thought they could grieve an issue with someone and get it on national TV, they'd do it.
Couple that with mental disorders and boom, you got some issues going down, with or without guns.

Screw that! If he was pointing a gun (or looking like he was pointing a gun) at me at that range, he's done for!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
In a video the suspect keeps reaching for a gun even though it seems he already has one pointed at the officer that is confronting him. I think the suspect wanted death by cop.

I was surprised he wasn't gunned down by the police. Sure looks like he was pointing his hand at least and making some not very smart moves while a Police gun is pointed at you.

He'd be dead if he were in America.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Probably better training, better self control, better policy..etc
Dead men tell no tales, better this guy is alive to stand trial.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How ATS has changed. Politicizing peoples death to pimp an agenda. That used to be a banning offence back during the Sandy Hook days.

You mean when they used that to go after the 2nd amendment? That kind of agenda pimping?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Nyiah

Totally missing what the right's MOS is right in front of you, though. With ANY mass event, the rightwing runs right to their favorite black sheep. The rest of us wait to hear what actually happened while the loudmouths are in a circle jerk fapping away to their assumptions.

Not true. Half the time you guys wish it was a white male doing the crazy stuff.

Ever hear of the boy who cried wolf? This boy cries wolf sarcastically, every time. Sooner or later, no one will be left to listen & take them seriously. Cockiness is the downfall of many, and much.

Is that why the DNC is almost bankrupt? I think it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Terrorist.

Look at the pattern of the attack.

Prayers to the victims.

The cops should have emptied their guns into this idiot.

I don't care if he was mentally ill, terrorists are, anyway.

He'll get 20yrs in jail.

Sweet, nice going Canada.

And they say the USA is stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join