It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple fatalities after van runs over people in Toronto

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Almost everyone in here is jaded and can’t wait for this event to fit their own narratives,sad really can’t even wait minutes for facts.

The gun banning analogies don’t help your cause either, being that facetious helps nothing.

Just pointing out the idiocy of the gun control arguments...

I'll be waiting for an MSNBC talking head to be on any minute talking about banning bump stocks, sorry, I mean paddle shifters since they allow people to shift gears too fast. Dragging someone from the automobile lobby on stage to have them berated by kids for manufacturing cars of death. Why do cars need to go so fast, when a walking or a public bus will do?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Black_Fox

Like sands through the hourglass...

How do we stop this?

Well first, don't broadcast it 24/7. Crazies trying to get their 15 mins of fame and they get it.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Prediction: won't be a Muslim, and then this thread dies.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

The gun banning analogies don’t help your cause either, being that facetious helps nothing.

I think they are quite apt.
You don't need a 400 horsepower car. 50 HP will do. You don't need to own a car at all. They are dangerous weapons. You might do something crazy. Someone might steal it and do something crazy. Nope, sorry, doesn't matter if you live out in the country where help is far away. That's your own fault for living out there.
You don't need a car that has more than one gear and will go over 15 mph. Special license and permits for anyone who says they do. And psychological testing. Oh! and insurance for if you do actually do something crazy.

The hypocrisy is blinding.
If it involves a a truck, we hear "it's a terrible tragedy" and "Don't judge, we don't have all the facts yet" ..if it involves guns, the finger instantly gets pointed at "Conservative gun nuts" and we hear "The blood is on their hands!" and it's time to start taking away the Rights of law abiding citizens who didn't have a damn thing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So the death wars begin.

Which tool is worse?

Next time it will read Naked Man with Truck Kills...

How long until them electric cars get in on the action?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Probably someone just texting and driving. Or some old person who hit the gas by mistake. Maybe a muskrat pushed down on the peddle.

Whether terrorist activity or not, it seems like these things are getting more common.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Prediction: won't be a Muslim, and then this thread dies.

Why?
I don't think ATS is as ignorant as you think.

Plus, being a terrorist is done by actions, not by religious affiliation.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Like sands through the hourglass...

How do we stop this?

Line the sidewalks with barriers or posts

A novel Idea, but that would be a expensive infrastructure upgrade, not to mention the toll it would take on the taxpayers and the fact that Toronto is not the only city in Canada-and hopefully this incident will make civilians more aware of suspicious behavior.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

Plus, being a terrorist is done by actions, not by religious affiliation.

It's mind blowing how many people don;t understand this. They think it's an arbitrary label given based on racial prejudice.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I think they are quite apt.
You don't need a 400 horsepower car. 50 HP will do. You don't need to own a car at all. They are dangerous weapons. You might do something crazy. Someone might steal it and do something crazy. Nope, sorry, doesn't matter if you live out in the country where help is far away. That's your own fault for living out there.
You don't need a car that has more than one gear and will go over 15 mph. Special license and permits for anyone who says they do. And psychological testing. Oh! and insurance for if you do actually do something crazy.

The hypocrisy is blinding.
If it involves a a truck, we hear "it's a terrible tragedy" and "Don't judge, we don't have all the facts yet" ..if it involves guns, the finger instantly gets pointed at "Conservative gun nuts" and we hear "The blood is on their hands!" and it's time to start taking away the Rights of law abiding citizens who didn't have a damn thing to do with it.

Only reason they say it isn't a good analogy is because a car is something they use.... the hypocrisy is blinding though. I am supposed to give up my gun rights for maybe 100 deaths a year in mass shootings, but they get to keep their car when exponentially far more people die needlessly from drunks, reckless driving, texting, etc. Why should their convenience of driving trump the lives of the innocent? For the kids!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Here's the video of the arrest, he claims to have a gun in his pocket while police tell him to get down.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This may not go over well because its not a pro fun or anti Trump response however...

People have woken up to the fact that their sole purpose in life is to make others rich

We live in an amoral godless society and its going to get worse

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
For the record I am pro gun, love going to the range and against rights being taken away, just saying being facesious about either topic does no one any good.

a reply to: DAVID64

edit on 23-4-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 23-4-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Probably someone just texting and driving. Or some old person who hit the gas by mistake. Maybe a muskrat pushed down on the peddle.

Whether terrorist activity or not, it seems like these things are getting more common.

Except he could have swerved into a tree or those concrete planters instead of continuing his drive down the sidewalk.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Multiple fatalities

How do you know this ?
Reports on Twitter say the guy was white but we will have to wait as Toronto police say the driver is now in custody.
twitter.com...

That wasn't a report, it's fools making "my bet is..." posts on Twitter.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I couldn't really make it out on the youtube, I'm wondering how old the guy's camera is who filmed it, crap resolution.
Either way, he wasn't acting like someone who accidentally ran a load of people over, so psycho whatever his motivations were.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well here's a surefire way to get eyerolls and apathy -- make everything about guns.

I don't give a royal f# anymore about your "plight", the rightwing turns everything into sarcastic gun quips. Elderly driver hits the wrong pedal, GURNZ! Baby dies of SIDS, therefore GURNZ!!!

I think I'll just sit back and watch you destroy your own support slowly from the inside out with stupidity.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That wasn't a report, it's fools making "my bet is..." posts on Twitter.

The link was to the Reuters report confirming the suspect was in custody not the speculative comments by twitter users.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I didn't mean YOU, I meant ..ya know, "you".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join