It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Joy Reid Anti-Gay Writings Discovered — MSNBC Host Claims Site was Hacked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Well she won't be on the daily beast for the time being; how much longer will msnbc hold out? The longer they hold out the sillier they will look when "the investigation" is completed and they find the archived articles have not been altered.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Well she won't be on the daily beast for the time being; how much longer will msnbc hold out? The longer they hold out the sillier they will look when "the investigation" is completed and they find the archived articles have not been altered.

I'm sure MSNBC has some top notch investigative journalists on it...........

They will uncover the Truth.

Where's Ronin Farrow when you really need him?

LOL

edit on 26-4-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

With all the hullabaloo here about who goes to the bathroom where in the last couple of years, one would think the same suspects would show up to post their problems with her opinions; guess msnbc gets a pass again.

Noticed that also... seems that things like 'gender dysphoria' are only real things if they are attacked by Conservatives.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Here is Reid's Cyber Security Expert.....nothing to see here:

Late Tuesday, Reid’s cybersecurity expert, Jonathan Nichols, said in a statement provided to the Daily News that login information to The Reid Report “was available on the Dark Web” five months ago. He also said that the screenshots of the blog had been manipulated “with the intent to tarnish Ms. Reid's character.” Nichols locked his Twitter profile shortly after the statements went out, but the Wayback Machine showed tweets in which he bragged about his relationship with Andrew Auernheimer, the webmaster for Nazi website The Daily Stormer, who is frequently known as weev online.

I'm sure that's a smear campaign too.
edit on 26-4-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
and her story keeps unraveling,

Claims by Joy Reid's Cybersecurity expert falls apart

But that consultant, Jonathan Nichols, had trouble producing the promised evidence. And what he did produce failed to withstand scrutiny, according to a Daily Beast analysis. Blog posts that Nichols claimed do not appear on the Internet Archive are, in fact, there. The indicators of hacked posts don’t bear out.

As described by Nichols, the conclusion that a hacker was posting on Reid’s blog rests primarily on two types of forensic clues within the disputed posts. First, he said, some of the allegedly planted posts contain punctuation choices and markup sharply different from Reid’s other posts. The Daily Beast compared scores of disputed and undisputed posts and could not discern any such anomalies. Pressed for specifics—which posts, which artifacts—Nichols said Wednesday that he did not have ready access to that information, but would provide it. Reached again on Thursday, he said he did not have any details to offer. “I thought I did,” he said “We’re kind of reevaluating as of yesterday.”

The second giveaway, Nichols said, was in the date and time stamps of some of the posts. They indicated that the entries were posted in the middle of Reid’s live radio show. “No one writes long soliloquies while they’re on the radio,” he said . “It just doesn’t happen.” Reid’s lawyer made the same claim in a letter written last December that was made public this week. “It would have been physically impossible for Ms. Reid to have made many of the posts. Some have dates and times when Ms. Reid was doing her radio show and could not have been blogging.” The Daily Beast asked Nichols to provide those posts on Wednesday, and the cybersecurity consultant replied: “I don’t have that on hand.” On Thursday Nichols passed on what he now says is the only example he has available. Dated Thursday, Aug. 30, 2007, the post—titled “Is you is, or is you ain’t gonna impeach?”—reads in its entirety: “John Conyers talks a good game in front of a hometown crowd, but is he serious about keeping impeachment on the table?”

Reid hasn't produced anything provable that shows her blog was hacked and posts added. In fact the evidence we have shows nothing to back up her claim.

But at least one of the entries was contemporaneously referenced on a completely different website. A Feb. 6, 2007 post containing the line “most straight guys (and women) do react with winces at the sight of two men kissing on the lips” drew a comment on the Democratic Underground forum the same day: “Oh, Reidblog... why, why why…”

Now the Democratic Underground is part of the right wing conspiracy to take down Joy Reid.

Joy Reid is doing that fine all by herself.
Liar Liar Pants on Fire.

edit on 27-4-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

They do understand lying to the fbi is a crime?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don’t know why the lady didn’t just apologize like she did the first time.

She could have said, all right, I said a few things I regret along with the first statements exposed.

And there might be some more that shows up--forgive me for those in advance. I think she’d have got away with that.

She was afraid that her views alone then or merely the statements she made might have got her kicked off MSNBC—that plum job making big money.

She has already been kicked off The Daily Beast.

The fact that she may be lying will bury her more than the statements.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You are correct, it always makes things worse.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How do you feel about gay people?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

How do you feel about gay people?

Who doesn’t love gay people? I would much rather deal with a gay person then say a sad or miserable person. Wouldn’t you?

Hell I wish more people were gay instead of pissed off all the time.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

lol

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I never understand why people are so afraid to admit a mistake.
You always look better when you can show that you have the ability to change.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

They do understand lying to the fbi is a crime?

Only if they were “grossly negligent” in handling information, instead of “extremely careless”.
edit on 27-4-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Isn't that how it usually works?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

so is nbc consistent in its maintaining the employment and broadcasting the opinions of KNOWN bigots?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

so is nbc consistent in its maintaining the employment and broadcasting the opinions of KNOWN bigots?

Tom Brokaw supports Joy to the fullest extent possible.

🤦✅

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
"Anti-Gay Writings"

Isn´t that something the rightwingers are ok with???
Shouldn´t they be happy about something like this?

But if they can use what they stand for, use it against others, they turn things like they need them turned.
Suddenly anti-homosexuality is evil for rightwingers, because allegedly a not rightwinger wrote anti-homosexual writings.

Will we see pro-homo posters on the next rightwingers protests?

It is the hypocrisy... Honestly, I read what she wrote and didn't find anything all that wrong with it. However, I could see how it could be viewed as homophobic, especially if someone from the right expressed the same opinions. She gets a pass because she is a leftist though.

She basically said a lot of straight people find gay sex disgusting even if they may not have anything against gay people.

She is not getting a pass.

Liberal and progressive sites are hotly debating what sort of response she should get. Many want her fired.

MSNBC has not made a final decision.

What is a "leftist"? Just a new nickname to further Un-Americanize those who believe differently than you?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

she was on the air today
she got a pass

where is the National LGBTQ Task Force when they are needed to counter those who engage in hate speech?

seems the hate and bigotry depends on party affiliation....

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Scrubdog

she was on the air today
she got a pass

where is the National LGBTQ Task Force when they are needed to counter those who engage in hate speech?

seems the hate and bigotry depends on party affiliation....

Yes, she was on the air today and apologized and said she genuinely didn't remember making the comments. That is what people are awaiting, to see if there is anything to the claim she might have been hacked.

Regarding "hate speech" - I don't know about you, but I certainly believe there are degrees of culpability. What she wrote is not good and yet it is not stark raving lunatic mad hate speech, either.

And many of the LGBTQ groups have called her to task on this and explain herself. Where have you been?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join