It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Joy Reid Anti-Gay Writings Discovered — MSNBC Host Claims Site was Hacked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Kharron
Imagine what the rest of the conservative community thinks like when the police they elect can get away with anything.

Sheriffs are elected, police are selected by elected politicians. It's one of the reasons why sheriffs and sheriff deputies generally operate in a much more respectful manner versus city police in most communities.

Thank you, I did not make that distinction in my post.

The police they elect and hire. I know they hire local police officers as they had an article about hiring on five more not long ago.

Hire local, elect local... keep it white! I hate where I live, lol... which is why it was so strange to see someone say they did not know any conservatives who felt that way. It seems they all moved here. I want to go somewhere liberal like where Metallicus is!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The onus is on Reid to produce evidence that her blog was hacked. Just saying it, isn't enough.

Nothing she said was super shocking, many Heterosexual people find people who are not Heterosexual like them as Weird/Different/Abnormal.

All groups tend to do that to others not like themselves. It's not a great thing, it's just how things are. In today's world, such non PC thought is Verboten.

The part that cracks me up is she has been caught multiple times doing such things, and her first reaction is rather than owning up to the statements is to claim she's being framed. You don't apologize for something you didn't do Ms. Reid.

Show me the Proof, Joy.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

She's negotiating a "price" and "fees for services" from CrowdStrike as we speak.

👉👋

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

“When we reviewed the archives, we found nothing to indicate tampering or hacking of the Wayback Machine versions,” wrote the Internet Archive’s Chris Butler in a blog post Tuesday. “We let Reid’s lawyers know that the information provided was not sufficient for us to verify claims of manipulation,” he added.

Link to article

Even CNN's Andrew Kaczynski is reporting that.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This conservative leaning individual could care less what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom... but I guess I am kind of silly and old fashioned.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

No, she apologized the first time she was caught.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Currently it's fine to write anti-hetero screeds but God help you if you write anything anti-gay. This same double standard permeates our culture and unwittingly makes one of the best arguments for free speech. As Grambler points out these "gotcha" moments are possible with anyone who has written for very long making everyone a potential victim of the pc witch hunt.

The other thing the PC word police do is fail to allow for personal change and growth. It's as if once we've been pigeonholed politically we're stuck in that niche forever. It discourages compromise and promotes antagonistic divisiveness. It's dogma that stigmatizes and denigrates by claiming political positions as moral imperatives. It is the roots of extremism, of fascism and ultimately violence through dehumanization of the "other".

Big events start with small things, usually language related.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Boycott the advertisers !!

MSNBC is supporting her !!

Bwaaaahahaha

😆

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It’s a shame she didn’t just own up to it and say her beliefs have changed

Exactly. It leaves the detractors no where to go. Easy peazy, old news by the next news cycle. But that, apparently, is too easy.

'course, I have no idea who she is, so it matters little in my grand scheme.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

There's the left's version of anti-gay and then there is actually being anti-gay.

Which one is she?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It's not about growth and change.

It's about finding the heretics, burning them at the stake of public opinion, and thus proving one's own ideological purity and morality.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
she is a self important turd
not much joy at all

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It's not about growth and change.

It's about finding the heretics, burning them at the stake of public opinion, and thus proving one's own ideological purity and morality.

I know, it's moral grandstanding and virtue signalling, being the one who wants to light the bonfire under the heretic.
It was the chilling effects that lead me to a wider understanding of the phenomena and it's absolutist character.
It is making religion of political ideals and assigning them as morality.
It is an exercise is raw social and political power.
I might name it "Clinton derangement syndrome".

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
www.thewrap.com...

The Daily Beast will suspend future columns from Joy Reid due to the fallout over comments she made on an old blog a decade ago, the website’s executive editor Noah Shachtman told staff in an internal memo on Wednesday.

She has claimed she was "hacked"; it appears this may not be true.

Reid’s claims of hacking have been met with skepticism by reporters across the political spectrum and from the Internet Archive, whose Wayback Machine is the source of the incriminating material on Reid. In his own statement, Chris Butler, the director of open libraries at the Internet Archive, said they found no evidence to substantiate Reid’s claims.

“When we reviewed the archives, we found nothing to indicate tampering or hacking of the Wayback Machine versions. At least some of the examples of allegedly fraudulent posts provided to us had been archived at different dates and by different entities,” said Chris Butler, the Director of Open Libraries at the Internet Archive.”

Well, the fbi is looking into it so it will be sorted our soon..........

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Media Matters have said that this does not reach the 'high threshold' for them to call for advertising bans.
Liberals must have to meet a much higher threshold than Conservatives... they were desperate to destroy Laura Ingraham because she criticised David Hogg's exam results.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

With all the hullabaloo here about who goes to the bathroom where in the last couple of years, one would think the same suspects would show up to post their problems with her opinions; guess msnbc gets a pass again.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

No, she apologized the first time she was caught.

Thanks for the Correction, I saw an article dated recently which was a rehash of the event you talk about. Thought it was for this time as I just skimmed the article.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.thewrap.com...

Well, the fbi is looking into it so it will be sorted our soon..........

The FBI isn't busy with any other major cases....I can't see them jumping on it because an accused's lawyer asked them to.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

www.thewrap.com...

On Wednesday evening, Reid’s lawyer John H. Reichman told TheWrap that the FBI has opened an investigation into the issue. “We have received confirmation the FBI has opened an investigation into potential criminal activities surrounding several online accounts, including personal email and blog accounts, belonging to Joy-Ann Reid,” he said. “Our own investigation and monitoring of the situation will continue in parallel, and we are cooperating with law enforcement as their investigation proceeds.”

I don't think lying more about this will help her out in any way; if they are not msnbc will look silly.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.thewrap.com...

On Wednesday evening, Reid’s lawyer John H. Reichman told TheWrap that the FBI has opened an investigation into the issue. “We have received confirmation the FBI has opened an investigation into potential criminal activities surrounding several online accounts, including personal email and blog accounts, belonging to Joy-Ann Reid,” he said. “Our own investigation and monitoring of the situation will continue in parallel, and we are cooperating with law enforcement as their investigation proceeds.”

I don't think lying more about this will help her out in any way; if they are not msnbc will look silly.

Perhaps,

It just might be a case of the FBI saying, "We will take a look at it", but not do much. The Florida HS shooter comes to mind. It seems crazy that it would get elevated to the FBI without going through the pecking order of Police jurisdictions first.

I would think the FBI has a lot on their plate right now. It took them almost a year to produce materials requested by a Congressional Subpoena. But only Days to respond to a request from a celebrity?

Plus people know the FBI supposedly won't confirm or deny an investigation is going on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join