It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 Chinese Dead In North Korea Bus Tragedy - Worst Incident For Chinese Tourists Since MH370

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

A tour bus has crashed in North Korea, killing 36 people including 32 Chinese nationals, Chinese officials say.
The crash, which also killed four North Koreans, happened in North Hwanghae province on Sunday night.
North Korea bus crash kills 32 Chinese tourists

the incident is likely the most fatal accident involving Chinese tourists since the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 in 2014, where 153 Chinese passengers have been declared dead in absentia

North Korea Bus Crash Could Be Worst Chinese Tourist Incident in Years

ETA from 2nd article:

Yesterday’s bus accident could prove particularly challenging to both China and North Korea.

China, which tends to be quite heavy-handed in its reaction to Chinese fatalities abroad, may feel compelled to take a more cautious approach to an incident in North Korea given recent developments in the world of diplomacy. The seeming rapprochement between North Korea, the United States, and South Korea has left China worried about potential lost influence on the Korean peninsula, according to a New York Times report. Putting heavy pressure on the Kim regime at a time when the country’s government is exploring a path forward with South Korea and the United States could certainly prove diplomatically unwise.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
OH how convinient

just when they are sorting peace out in the region mmmmm
looks like deepstate will fight till the bitter end

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Why would anyone want to holiday in North Korea? Can you even get a decent meal there?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yup.

I think the propaganda the U.S. MSM advocated all these years against NK worked very well, huh.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: Metallicus

Yup.

I think the propaganda the U.S. MSM advocated all these years against NK worked very well, huh.

So it is a great place to visit, huh? Tell that to the guy from my high school they killed.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's a terrible accident, but shouldn't have an impact on the major politics currently blooming right now.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SATURN66

Yeah, I left out the conspiracy angle in the OP on purpose to see what others would make of it. My first two thoughts upon reading the headlines were:

- interesting timing with the denuclearisation/Korean Reunification talks
- tourists or scientists or spooks or... ?

Of course it may simply have been an accident without foul play involved but given the circumstances I am skeptical.
edit on 23-4-2018 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

Yeah, I left out the conspiracy angle in the OP on purpose to see what others would make of it. My first two thoughts upon reading the headlines were:

- interesting timing with the denuclearisation/Korean Reunification talks
- tourists or scientists or spooks or... ?

Of course it may simply have been an accident without foul play involved but given the circumstances I am skeptical.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind was inadequate vehicle maintenance....

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I think you may be right and it's still tragic but poor roads and infrastructure may have played a pivotal role. Those killed were somebody's relatives and deserved a better fate. My best,

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Why would anyone want to holiday in North Korea? Can you even get a decent meal there?

I've heard they have some very effective weight loss camps.
Facilities are substandard but results are guaranteed.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What kind of accident kills 36 people on a bus?

After a quick look at the links, I saw no explanation.

The picture would seem to rule out a fire or going off a cliff.

In traffic accidents, the mass of a bus usually prevents it from coming to an instant stop.

It apparently flipped, but still, 36 dead?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cimmerius
What kind of accident kills 36 people on a bus?

After a quick look at the links, I saw no explanation.

The picture would seem to rule out a fire or going off a cliff.

In traffic accidents, the mass of a bus usually prevents it from coming to an instant stop.

It apparently flipped, but still, 36 dead?

It was upside down on it's roof.

www.scmp.com...

It's still under investigation of what caused it.

edit on 4 23 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

its a crash not a terrorist attack. all vehicle accidents are now directly orchestrated by little kim him self? lets be real.

top topics

join