It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Headed To Prison Soon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: strongfp

So a multimillionaire CEO shouldn't have to follow the rule of law?
Or is it just ones with their hearts in the right place?

Funny how there's one little blip in production and suddenly some investors get there panties in a knot and go crying to their laywers.
Bet you in the model 3 was rolling out right now musk would not be in this situation at all.
Goes to show that some people don't invest for progress they invest for greed only, philanthropy truly is dead.
edit on 23-4-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If he promised them a return financially they should be pissed.
If he broke the law he should be punished.

And this is not a blip, they have never came close to hitting production or sales goals.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Goes to show that some people don't invest for progress they invest for greed only, philanthropy truly is dead.

You don't invest in philanthropic endeavors, you donate. Musk is running a business, not a charity.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You don't invest in philanthropic endeavors, you donate. Musk is running a business, not a charity.

Well it is a non profit.....lol

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Let me get this straight. Musk being the CEO of a company that generates little to no money wants to use what little that company has to invest into another endeavor. Musk, the dude that saved Tesla and has also created a completely reusable rocket launch system and has single handily started a new space race and has almost brought Boeing to their knees.
That Musk should go to prison....?

A few things fall short here. He didn’t do anything illegal first off. And if his investors don’t like this venture they can demand he step down. Which they won’t cause the dude is a freaking genius. Do you know why and how he got involved with Tesla in the first place?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He sure is running a business. But guess what investing is a gamble. You don't invest unless you can afford to lose. I have no sympathy for people who think just because they can throw money around they will get stuff in return.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wonder how many of these people sit on committees and see things beforehand....and they happen to invest ahead of time? A lot of people made their money in "investments". LOL
www.businessinsider.com...

I really like the Tesla brand too, even though I could never afford one. I hope the company gets it going because there is a lot of potential there. I just wish that part of that omnibus bill would have been building infrastructure for electric vehicles.

As far as the solar company, I could see why he wanted to do that as they would be the future "gas" stations. Imagine pulling in to a 7-Eleven and swapping out batteries being charged by renewables instead of filling up with dinosaur juice.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yes, investing is a risk. Nobody is arguing that point. The problem is that musk took investment money saying it would be put to use in one place and he spent the money in another place.
At least that's what the lawsuit sounds like.
If I want to buy McDonald's stock and my stock broker buys burger king stock instead it's a problem

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Don't even bother with bringing reason to the table.
Logical thinking and humanitarian science and technology is what brought Nikola tesla down and it seems like it's going to happen again. All because of selfish greedy capitalist thugs who throw a temper tantrum at the smallest bit of doubt and signed onto something they probably didn't even understand.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I can bet some of these investors signed up before even reading the fine print. All they saw was dollar signs from electric cars.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Thanks American taxpayers.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

He sure is running a business. But guess what investing is a gamble. You don't invest unless you can afford to lose. I have no sympathy for people who think just because they can throw money around they will get stuff in return.

Except the shareholders are protected by law, if they demonstrate in court he defrauded them then it isn't about the risk, it's about gross mismanagement.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks American taxpayers.

Yep.
We are paying twice.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Yep.
We are paying twice.

But it's worth because the feels, all hail St. Elon the Green.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Putting your car in space is green?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No, I meant green as in he has ours.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Amen.....

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: SR1TX

Wow...

Your double standards are horrific and you should be ashamed of yourself. This is literally nothing. People in all the big firms all over the world do fifteen things before breakfast that make this situation look as innocent as popping out for a pint of milk for your cornflakes, and nary a word spoken, an eye batted. This guy tries to add solar firms to his portfolio, something the oil companies and energy companies refuse to do on a proper, industrial scale, and you want HIM over the coals, not the ones raping the Earth, and extorting money from your people, to pay for their heating, lighting, power and vehicle fuel?

Your bias is hanging out. Do your fly up.

I'd hate to tell you Brit but businessman do these shady deals, I know from experience.

I have a former colleague who was given a 'generous" offer of the boss building her a house on the business premises. The catch? she will have to work for this company for the rest of her life, now some would call that generous but I call that immoral indenture-she was basically earning money only to give it back to her boss. I was made the same offer but i'm not that stupid. Another boss wanted to charge foreign workers for rent, same crap different smell.

You can look at Elon Musk through rose colored glasses but the truth is he is just another businessman, oh sure he can bang on about saving the world but why in the bloody world would you shoot a car into space when the cost of doing that could also supply the ISS? it's nonsensical.
edit on 23-4-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And I don't think he will be headed to prison.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

A teeny weeny fraction of it. You can't say he squandered it.

Guy buys solar technology. How very evil and dastardly of him...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join