It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire County Refuses to Obey New Gun Control Law, Declares Itself Gun Owner Sanctuary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I actually got a chuckle out of this article.. Sanctuary this and that so why not ? I do realize if the Illinois General Assembly decides to ban all guns there is not much Effingham or any other county can do about it.. Turn them in or face a $1000 dollar fine per day. Think you can stay under the radar I hope you have insurance for SWAT raids.

I will not be going to Illinois as it is totally removed from any future bucket list.. Chicago how is your gun ban working out for you ??

Amid political buzzwords of “sanctuary cities” and “gun bans,” one Illinois county decided to wade into the fray by declaring itself a sanctuary for gun owners. The Effingham County board voted this past week, 8-1, to order its employees not to enforce any laws that would “unconstitutionally restrict the Second Amendment” to the U.S. Constitution.

Effingham County State’s Attorney Bryan Kibler said the measure is meant to act as a warning shot to tell the state legislature that the county does not want unnecessary gun control measures, or for the sale of firearms to be jeopardized. The resolution states:

Board member David Campbell told Fox News that the county “decided it’s time for someone to take a hard stand.” He said the board modeled their resolution on other counties which have adopted similar measures.

The resolution, which Kibler said is “largely symbolic,” was drafted by the board as a response to what it perceives as an attack on the Second Amendment by the State of Illinois and its General Assembly.

“So we thought … why don’t we just make this a sanctuary county like they would for undocumented immigrants? So we did flip the script on it,” Kibler told Fox and Friends, noting that the goal of the resolution is to make it known “to the Illinois general assembly that if they keep on this path of stripping away Second Amendment rights [from gun owners] there’s going to be blowback from Southern Illinois.”

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I actually got a chuckle out of this article.. Sanctuary this and that so why not ? I do realize if the Illinois General Assembly decides to ban all guns there is not much Effingham or any other county can do about it.. Turn them in or face a $1000 dollar fine per day. Think you can stay under the radar I hope you have insurance for SWAT raids.

I will not be going to Illinois as it is totally removed from any future bucket list.. Chicago how is your gun ban working out for you ??

Amid political buzzwords of “sanctuary cities” and “gun bans,” one Illinois county decided to wade into the fray by declaring itself a sanctuary for gun owners. The Effingham County board voted this past week, 8-1, to order its employees not to enforce any laws that would “unconstitutionally restrict the Second Amendment” to the U.S. Constitution.

Effingham County State’s Attorney Bryan Kibler said the measure is meant to act as a warning shot to tell the state legislature that the county does not want unnecessary gun control measures, or for the sale of firearms to be jeopardized. The resolution states:

Board member David Campbell told Fox News that the county “decided it’s time for someone to take a hard stand.” He said the board modeled their resolution on other counties which have adopted similar measures.

The resolution, which Kibler said is “largely symbolic,” was drafted by the board as a response to what it perceives as an attack on the Second Amendment by the State of Illinois and its General Assembly.

“So we thought … why don’t we just make this a sanctuary county like they would for undocumented immigrants? So we did flip the script on it,” Kibler told Fox and Friends, noting that the goal of the resolution is to make it known “to the Illinois general assembly that if they keep on this path of stripping away Second Amendment rights [from gun owners] there’s going to be blowback from Southern Illinois.”

www.activistpost.com...

Well considering Chicago doesnt have a gun ban anymore... Maybe you should update your talking points? Also it is nice to see a member of government not understanding how the government works. Would make it really easy to vote them out in my district.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

triggered?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall

triggered?

Just having an opposing opinion is considered triggered now?

WTH?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Well considering Chicago doesnt have a gun ban anymore

That is correct; I have been away for some time... It was 2013 (I think) when the supreme court said Chicago was in violation of the Constitution... So now people can get a concealed hand gun permit by law and a good old back ground check... Last time I checked they had already issue 24,000 in Cook County (Chicago is there) and for the entire state there are around 91,000 permits..

You have to wonder with the new attitude about guns what kind of effect that will have on the law abiding citizens ?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Illinois seems to want to drive people out of the state. Considering how broke they are, you'd think they'd quit this, but they just keep doubling down on stupid. If my county were to pass some sort of ridiculous restrictions, my guns go to Kentucky and I'll be back long enough to put my house up for sale and then pick them up again on my way through to Texas.
By the way, Illinois now has 243,245 concealed carry license.
One of them is mine.

edit on 23-4-2018 by DAVID64 because: gimme a break ok? I'm still workin on my first cup

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Illinois seems to want to drive people out of the state. Considering how broke they are, you'd think they'd quit this, but they just keep doubling down on stupid. If my county were to pass some sort of ridiculous restrictions, my guns go to Kentucky and I'll be back long enough to put my house up for sale and then pick them up again on my way through to Texas.
One of them is mine.

i gave up trying to understand liberal brain-damage years ago.

They can't help behaving like lemmings, so they are ALWAYS willing to follow each other off a cliff.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: DAVID64

One of them is mine.

i gave up trying to understand liberal brain-damage years ago.

They can't help behaving like lemmings, so they are ALWAYS willing to follow each other off a cliff.

Libs and their best laid plans.

edit on 4 23 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
All that's going to happen is one morning they're going to wake up and there's going to be a bunch of federal agents in goddamn Panzer tanks rolling down the road

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The best way to deal with Liberal stupidity is to use their own underhanded tactics against them. While they are criminalizing citizens who exercise their Constitutionally protected rights they are at the same time willfully negligent in defending us against the illegal invasion.

#RESIST

edit on 2018/4/23 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeonardGiovanni
All that's going to happen is one morning they're going to wake up and there's going to be a bunch of federal agents in goddamn Panzer tanks rolling down the road

isn't that precisely the reason we were given the second to begin with?
they're using the first to say no. push the subject and they'll use the second- That's the whole point.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: LeonardGiovanni

isn't that precisely the reason we were given the second to begin with?
they're using the first to say no. push the subject and they'll use the second- That's the whole point.

Yes, but I have this nagging uneasy feeling telling me THAT ship has already sailed.

How many Patriots do YOU know that would willingly give up the tools that allow them to protect their home and family, IRREGARDLESS of illegality?

I'm betting it's a VERY low number, and PROBABLY "0", yes?

I know NO ONE. And trust me, I'm in Alabama. I know LOTS of gun owners.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

What's funny about it?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Effingham county said to themselves....effin state has gone whacky we effin aint gonna do it

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lol, nearly as many people live in my town than that county, good luck fending off the fed's when they come a calling.
edit on 23-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Could just be me, but a lot of you seem to be thinking the Feds are going to enforce State law...don’t think it works that way.

Would be the Illinois State Police at best, I think.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: KansasGirl

Effingham county said to themselves....effin state has gone whacky we effin aint gonna do it

Seems to me that it's a mini reflection of what's going on in the country as a whole, and I think it's scary....not funny.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

'The fed's' has become adopted as a slang general term for 'authority' here in the UK, I perhaps should have just said 'the authorities'.
Illinois State Police only seem to have around 1700 sworn personnel, so I wonder how many citizens in that county have firearms. Could the governor call in Illinois National Guard? They have about 13,000 troops.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is how it should be. If a law is unconstitutional or just downright stupid, there's really no benefit to debasing yourself in order to adhere to it. Piss on it, move on, and if someone attempts to stop you and force compliance, be prepared to walk through them. That's just common sense freedom.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I ignore stupid laws all the time, in fact I'm actually better behaved on ATS than in real life...only because I don't want to get banned of course

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join