It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyrannical judge told 'not to return' after she berates defendant who died three days later

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hope she chokes on a muffin and soils herself on the tennis court at the country club. That's what I see when I look at her soul.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You find a way to partisanship bait even in an unfortunate story like this...

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

quite a bit disturbing. That judge was having a crappy day and took it out on Ms. Twiggs. Horrible attitude from that lady.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

She reminds me of the notorious Nazi judge Roland Friesler who was known to verbally assault defendants. I wonder if she is the reincarnation of Herr Friesler.

edit on 4/22/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
At the end the judge tells the woman to be silent then asks her a question. She should have remained silent, that would driven that judge up the wall. "You told me not to speak your honor". Oxygen deprivation makes normal brain function difficult and there was no understanding on the judges' part whatsoever. She's plainly a bitch but fired for that? I don't think they can. They can only be removed for crimes or senility was my impression.

You are right about oxygen deprivation, but that womans condition makes it even harder. She literally does not have enough air moving in and out of her body to fully form words that are audible and intelligible. The saddest thing is that she tried to tell the judge she needed her meds and the judge jumped down her throat for it.

Isn't there some kind of good samaritan law that should have compelled her to assist a woman in distress? I am very happy she is not returning to the bench, but I really want to see criminal charges against her. There must be some kind of criminal negligence or something...anything... Just put that b1tch behind bars and throw away the key.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was waiting for the lambasting of the poor woman. This was not as bad as it is projected in that this was a courtroom and the judge is a god in a courtroom and if you don’t believe that just go in one and start acting foolish and see how fast you end up in jail.

It's a reason that people have to stand up when a judge enters.

What the judge should have done was get the lady medical attention or ask her did she require it.

Most judges require a decorum just as this judge acted, this is not unique.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Oh, and of course, she is a Democrat !!

Was waiting for your thread to become political and there it is.

Because only registered Democrats do bad things, amirite?

Btw, how do you know shes a Democrat?

Recently I had occasion to attend a Chicago courtroom, on account of jury duty.

Those black robes seem to affect judges, and by this I mean politically.

Judge Margeurite seemed amiable enough, and quite pretty, but when she examined a Filipino man she made a pretty snarky remark about Duerte, and in the same breath linked him to Trump. She said something to the effect that “oh, you have a great leader, and Trump seems to like him...” she fished, dripping with sarcasm.

“He’s OK”, the Filipino summarily quipped, and then fell silent with an expectant air.

Mesmerizing dark green eyes, twin shrouds of chestnut hair flanking her face,
who knew what was borne beneath...and free lunch
for five days but...

Due to this exchange, I had glimpsed the soul of it. I awaited them to grill me, and laid it on thick,
knowing that after what I had just witnessed I could pull no punches.
All during lunch break, the stenographer twins were snickering, whispering hand to ear.

I would say that the public dissing of a standing POTUS, in a filled courtroom, by a high ranking judge sworn to impartiality, is a fairly political act. A very strong one, in fact. That’s how patronage works.

# 974

edit on 22-4-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: ocassion

edit on 22-4-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Judges can get rough and very tyrannical. I was almost held in contempt of court while navigating jury duty because I said to the judge I had no reason to be a juror because I believe the prosecutor was as crooked as the defendant and probably should be on trial as well.

He didn’t like that at all, but it was how I honestly felt but this crazy guy was ready to jail me for that. He luckily for me change his mind. Since what I said was absolutely the truth, this is my judgment on the trail and jury system how could he hold me in contempt for an opinion

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Huh? So a story about a judge who happens to be in Chicago, of all places, hates Trump and berates a Filipino man because of some foreign dictator and all of this was witnessed by you and the nameless people in the courtroom? Mmmk.

Does being in any position of power get to people's heads? Yup, and the water is wet. Nowhere in the the OP's story does it assume its politically driven. The OP just had to thrown in the judge is a Democrat, which even the Fox News article doesn't say. So where did the OP get that info from and does it matter? Bottom line, the OP is a political hack who only lives to spam conservative friendly threads to bash Democrats.
edit on 22-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

No, really. The bottom line is the judge in the OP is an inhumane example of the worst of society, and is in a position of power, who abuses those who are perceived as disadvantaged
and with gusto. And, most importantly, a democrat! The party of the people!

Cake’s gotta have icing.

# 975

edit on 23-4-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
a reply to: Swills

No, really. The bottom line is the judge in the OP is an inhumane example of the worst of society, and is in a position of power, who abuses those who are perceived as disadvantaged
and with gusto. And, most importantly, a democrat! The party of the people!

Cake’s gotta have icing.

# 975

Though the judge was mean as you can see in the video. There was a reason why she tried to stop the women from speaking. She was trying to protect her this was a bond hearing everything she says can be used against her by her daughter on assault charges. Her atty I'm guessing was new because he should have been answering the questions and not his client. Anything the lawyer says can not be used against her in court because it is not her direct testimony. The judge only job there was determine if she could be released from jail not argue the merits of the case.

So what people see as rude was her anger at what I'm assuming is a very poor public defender or a very crappy lawyer she hired. He should have told his client all answers are yes or no and I'll ask you the questions not the judge.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Oh look the right is pretending to have some common decency for a poor black woman...hmm I wonder why...is this judge a dem?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

So now, everyone must be judged by their party affiliation, gotcha.

Like I said, how does the OP even know shes a Democrat since even Fox News didn't sink so low as to tie her political beliefs into a story that has nothing to do with politics?

Partisan hackery is what this thread was really meant to be. Attack Democrats, or people we think are Democrats, at all costs.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I was waiting for the lambasting of the poor woman. This was not as bad as it is projected in that this was a courtroom and the judge is a god in a courtroom and if you don’t believe that just go in one and start acting foolish and see how fast you end up in jail.

It's a reason that people have to stand up when a judge enters.

What the judge should have done was get the lady medical attention or ask her did she require it.

Most judges require a decorum just as this judge acted, this is not unique.

Most judges can and will rot in hell.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

originally posted by: xuenchen
A wild story about a crazy judge

Shame on you. You are in violation of the "Goldwater Rule".

I don't think "crazy" is a medical term.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

It's Florida. A corrupt, morally bankrupt state full of these sort of people. I would applaud the entire place being nuked, it's *that* evil down there. And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I lived there for several years. I am still recovering from it, and it's BEEN several years.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Poor behaviour from the judge. Do you in the States have minimum standards for judges? In the UK judges have a Code of Practice which includes treating the defendant with respect, regardless of the crime.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I got lectured by a judge and I've never been so angry in my life and I'm glad this power hungry judge got what she deserved.

You can tell she really loves the power

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
Oh look the right is pretending to have some common decency for a poor black woman...hmm I wonder why...is this judge a dem?

Jesus. Not ABOUT to touch this, for reasons that should be obvious.

There are a few situations where unprofessional behavior is NOT something that can be tolerated, EVER, no matter HOW the person feels that day, or who they are forced to deal with on a daily basis.

This is one of those situations. It was handled properly, and the Judge's services were deemed to be no longer required.

Another example would be a physician seeing or dealing with patients.

It doesn't MATTER if they are having a bad day, or if they are having problems at home, or if they find out their kid is a crackhead and is on the corner giving "whatever" for 20 bucks a pop.

Unprofessional behavior is simply not acceptable in ANY situation.

The prosecutor COULD have nipped this in the bud before it got embarrassing by simply asking to approach, and having a QUIET word with the Judge. The council for the defense could, and should have been willing to do the same.

That didn't happen here for whatever reason. I can tell you this, I have known defense attorneys that wait YEARS for a situation like this to occur with a judge that they have serious professional or even ideological issues with.

Unprofessional behavior from a judge is like an aphrodisiac to a sharp defense lawyer who is willing to wait patiently for the best opportunity to take advantage of the situation.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
seems like Broward county is rife with unfit people.........

What the hell is going on there and when is SOMEONE going to step in to clean this up?

From the sheriff to the judges......I have to think this isnt isolated either.....in fact I know its not, having had admittedly a DUI in Texas where my passed field sobriety, and forced bloodwork (which i later found out was also clean) BOTH were refused as evidence in my court case..

CLEAN UP OUR SYSTEM DAMNIT!
edit on 4/23/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join